Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-22-18, 08:33 AM   #1861
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Or better still 'VOUCHER MAGNET'

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-18, 08:07 AM   #1862
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

I seem to have been getting a lot of extra affection from the missus these past 2 weeks and just now I asked her "You haven't had a phone call from my doctor, have you?"

Then I remembered... about a fortnight ago she was urgently calling in my ear as I sat fast asleep at my laptop, chin on chest. I woke up and said "What... did you think I'd carked it? I just had a beer that's all"
Old 07-23-18, 10:26 AM   #1863
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon12 brit law and the red mist defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
To be totally honest in the past I've always advised shop staff to wait until the premises have been exited so I'm far from blameless this time. OOPS! an open admission in a public forum
Not about to do that at my age (got the vest and all that).
It was the red mist that decided the outcome because had I been shopping alone I'd have probably ignored said individual or sworn back at him.
Quote:
Assault occasioning Actual Bodily Harm (ABH) – s47 OAPA 1861
False imprisonment is a common law offence involving the unlawful and intentional or reckless detention of the victim. An act of false imprisonment may amount in itself to an assault. If a separate assault accompanies the detention this should be reflected in the particulars of the indictment. The offence is either way, and carries a maximum penalty on indictment of 5 years’ imprisonment and/or a fine.
The offence is committed when a person intentionally or recklessly assaults another, thereby causing Actual Bodily Harm (ABH). Bodily harm has its ordinary meaning and includes any hurt calculated to interfere with the health or comfort of the victim: such hurt need not be permanent, but must be more than transient and trifling: (R v Donovan 25 Cr. App. Rep. 1). It is an either way offence, which carries a maximum penalty on indictment of five years’ imprisonment and/or a fine.
Psychological harm that involves more than mere emotions such as fear, distress or panic can amount to ABH. In any case where psychiatric injury is relied upon as the basis for an allegation of ABH, and the matter is not admitted by the defence, expert evidence must be called by the prosecution (R v Chan-Fook 99 Cr. App. R. 147, CA). Unless of course the perpetrator makes a legitimate claim to being under the influence of the 'red mist' and is otherwise a respectable citizen when not under the influence of elevated testosterone in defense of chivalry when 'shopping in consortium'; in which case the matter may be reduced to 'mutual combat' by two less than mentally competent antagonists by the magistrate. Features that provide a useful indication of when a charge of ABH may be appropriate are set out above.
This offence is capable of being racially aggravated under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998. Refer to Racist and Religious Hate Crime - Prosecuting Guidance, elsewhere in CPS guidance. Oxygen thieves??
See the Assault Definitive guideline for sentencing guidelines for this offence.
https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/offences-against-person-incorporating-charging-standard IMHO Jimbuna's facing 3-5 years(Category three of sentencing guidelines with red mist mitigation) in Bedlam: ( in the red mist ward) and a fine!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-23-18 at 10:36 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-18, 11:00 AM   #1864
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Watch it for the suggestive images Aktungbby ...

there's worse places than the bilge
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-18, 03:32 PM   #1865
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Went to ASDA this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find a £50 shopping voucher was awaiting my collection

I purchased a case each of dog and catfood and finished the voucher off by purchasing a couple of cases of Carling before going to Aldi and spending £15 of my own money on a dozen bottles of Church's cider

Old 07-23-18, 04:42 PM   #1866
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default caught up in the red mist!

Quote:
I purchased and finished the voucher off by purchasing a couple of cases of Carling before going to Aldi and spending £15 of my own money on a dozen bottles of Church's cider
WOT! No Andwells Red Mist Ale or a visit to Red Mist pubs
???!!
Quote:
In 2013, Red Mist Leisure and Andwell Brewing Company set about making a beer together called Red Mist Ale; this beer is available here and at our seven sister pubs and we donate 20p from every pint poured to the individual pub’s selected local charity. It’s a popular beer with over 20 kegs a month consumed by you, our great customers.
This could really help with your mitigating plea-bargain defence at trial..... https://redmistleisure.co.uk/our-pubs/ I'll certainly quaff a few in your honor on my next London stopover.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-23-18 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-24-18, 08:08 AM   #1867
Kane55
Swabbie

Default Profession

I work as an IT consultant for a multinational company based in Nevada.
Kane55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-18, 09:54 AM   #1868
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane55 View Post
I work as an IT consultant for a multinational company based in Nevada.
Welcome to subsim Kane55 we don't have anyone from Nevada

We have Utah, California and Arizona covered though
or achievement

Old 07-24-18, 10:05 AM   #1869
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Welcome aboard, Kane55
Old 07-24-18, 11:16 AM   #1870
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
WOT! No Andwells Red Mist Ale or a visit to Red Mist pubs
Nope but I will be having a few bottles of Amigos tonight to celebrate the fact I visited my favourite travel agents this morning and booked a few weeks in Mexico at the end of September for the wife and I.

It'll be interesting to experience first class travel on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner for the first time.

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/c...s-and-spa.html

Old 07-24-18, 02:04 PM   #1871
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default TALK ABOUT 'HOPPIN' AROUND IN A NAVAL FORUM HERE BBY!

Quote:
Nope but I will be having a few bottles of Amigos tonight to celebrate the fact I visited my favourite travel agents this morning and booked a few weeks in Mexico at the end of September for the wife and I.

It'll be interesting to experience first class travel on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner for the first time.

THE EX-GOVERNOR OF CA WISHES YOU WELL IN YOUR TRAVELS: if YOU GET A CHANCE TO TRY PLINY THE ELDER BEER PLEASE DO; MY PROSPECTIVE SON-IN-LAW IS A BREWMASTER THERE AND I GOTTA WEDDING TO PAY FOR
Quote:
Pliny the Elder ( ahem! ADMIRAL PLINY THE ELDER) is brewed with Amarillo, Centennial, CTZ, and Simcoe hops. It is well-balanced with malt, hops, and alcohol, slightly bitter with a fresh hop aroma of floral, citrus, and pine. Best enjoyed FRESH! That is why we make it in such limited supply. Actual bottling date is printed on each bottle!
Where did we come up with this name? Back in the year 2000, our friend, Vic Kralj, who owns the Bistro in Hayward, California, decided to have his first ever Double IPA festival. Vic invited 10 breweries, 6 of whom (including us) had to brew something special for him since we had nothing that would fall under this style category. Vinnie had made a Double IPA at Blind Pig in 1994, but was not brewing one at Russian River Brewing at the time. He had an idea for the recipe, but not a name. After much research in beer books, brainstorming, and deliberation, we came up with “Pliny the Elder”. Pliny, the man, lived in the first century- 23 to 79 A.D. According to our brewing references, he and his contemporaries either created the botanical name or at least wrote about Lupus Salictarius, or hops, currently known as Humulus Lupulus. That was a very early reference to an important part of any Double IPA! Pliny the beer has now become one of our flagship brews!
Pliny the Elder was immortalized by his nephew, Pliny the Younger, who wrote about his uncle succumbing to ash and smoke during the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 A.D. while rescuing people. Cheers to the scholar, historian, officer, writer, and Roman Naturalist- Pliny the Elder!
SAID YOUNG MAN RECENTLY PRESENTED ME WITH PLINY THE ELDER BEER T-SHIRT...SO I'M THOROUGHLY BIASED!

Old 07-25-18, 06:01 AM   #1872
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that one.

Old 07-25-18, 07:33 AM   #1873
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

I am now sick to death of summer 2018, stinking humid air from europe along with stupid OTT temperatures have ruined summer 2018..

Worst still another two months of this......

And don't give me that BS its cooling down that is just a very minor blip and bang the heat is back.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-18, 10:10 AM   #1874
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:

Are sure you want to visit Mexico Jim?

https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=c...D661CB646A7F18

Quote:
Deadly violence in Mexico is intensifying, and May set an all-time record
May was the deadliest month recorded in Mexico since the government began ... May last year to 119 during the first five months of 2018. Other signs of growing insecurity were also evident in the crim...
Quote:
15 shot dead, 9 hurt in bloody night for Mexico's Monterrey
At least 12 people died in a serie of armed attacks to Nearly 19,000 people were killed due to organized crime in Mexico in 2...
Quote:
TENANTLA, Mexico — Whoever wins Sunday’s presidential election will have to face not only Mexico’s drug cartels, but a new kind of crime involving whole neighborhoods defying police and military perso...
Quote:
Warning: Gallery contains very graphic photos Nearly 19,000 people were killed due to organized crime in Mexico in 2017, the ...
or achievement

Old 07-25-18, 01:43 PM   #1875
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

JIM..

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/mexico

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote