SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-18-14, 08:17 AM   #16
Sbrooke311
Watch

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Hmm... Game front i think it was. I just tossed it in google, had GWX.exe on there. i remember this being such a breeze last time. I'm thinking i may just have to pull out the ole credit card and send some cash to subsim. To get this baby up and running again.

PS:
Thanks for the quick replies and help y'all. I'm not the best with computers, i find myself troubleshooting simple things for days. Its good to have multiple minds coming to my aid.
Sbrooke311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-14, 08:35 AM   #17
Sbrooke311
Watch

hmm giving it a read, seems a lot of it is for the DVD copy. I've got SH3, SH4, and SH5, all on steam. I'm not sure i can modify the installation path through there. If i can i'm not sure how. They all just download and install to blablabla/ProgramFilesx86/Steam/appdata/common/<game name>.

I've got JSGME in there, im waiting on SH commander, as i'm supposed to install GWX first if i recall correctly. its a fresh install, just re downloaded it the other night as i figured out i like SH3 GWX more than my newly purchased SH5.

There's tons of helpful info in there i'm sure i will be taking a look at in the future. Though i'm not seeing anything there specific to my problem that i havn't already done. Unless my eyes are lying to me, i am only on my 2nd cup of tea after all.
Old 04-18-14, 11:00 AM   #18
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbrooke311 View Post

I've got JSGME in there, im waiting on SH commander, as i'm supposed to install GWX first if i recall correctly. its a fresh install, just re downloaded it the other night as i figured out i like SH3 GWX more than my newly purchased SH5.
JSGME comes already with GWX but it is now an old version. See the link below for the final version (simply install over the version that comes with GWX).

http://www.mediafire.com/?5sryab9masy5xt6

SH3 Commander is a standalone programme and ideally should be installed prior to commencing a career. See the link below for the final version as well as the GWX cfg for SH3 Commander.

http://www.mediafire.com/?v8hgs2wkr53psmq

http://www.mediafire.com/?c4oakjnc3tynwk5

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-14, 11:18 AM   #19
Sbrooke311
Watch

hrm JSGME seems to be empty. I'm clearly doing something wrong, or missing something. Forgive my stupidity. I normally got my husband looking over my shoulder to help me out with these things. He's out of town at the moment though so i'm struggling with this solo.

So far I have done this short list of things:
-downloaded JSGME
-unpacked it to my desktop
-put the program + the MODS folder in my SH3 folder
-Downloaded GWX 3.exe
-Double clicked it and tried to install it. (defeated by the, " Please insert Disk 7 and click Ok. If the files on this disk can be found in a folder other than the one displayed below, enter the correct path or click browse")
-Deleted that one, and downloaded from the link provided on mediafire.
unpacked to desktop, tried again with the same error.

Old 04-18-14, 11:21 AM   #20
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Create a new folder on your desktop and name it 'xxx' for example.
Download the GWX installation files to your desktop folder.
You must ensure all 8 installation files are placed in the 'xxx' desktop folder.
Run 'GWX.exe' and follow the installation instructions.

Old 04-18-14, 11:33 AM   #21
Sbrooke311
Watch

Its installing woot. Yea i didn't know i had to have all of the files, i thought i just needed the .exe to get started. User error as i figured .

It's trying to tell me that its detected modded files in there though. Which cant be possible since i just installed it a couple nights ago, and have not even loaded the game. However, it auto detected a ubisoft folder, and the games on steam. So fingers crossed it works.
Old 04-18-14, 11:42 AM   #22
Sbrooke311
Watch

wohoo its up and running. Thanks all of you for your wonderful help, i'd still be scratching my head, or getting ready to give up without it!

Last edited by Sbrooke311; 04-18-14 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-19-14, 03:49 AM   #23
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

SINK EM ALL!!