SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-01-14, 12:39 PM   #1
barker262
Seaman

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0
Default Can't spend my renown on my U-boat

G'day all,

Having a good cruise, get back for tea and medals, looking forward to upgrading my batteries. But I can't find the panel in game to spend renown on my boat.

At the end of a cruise the crew get there rewards, then I back out of that screen and none of the other desks on screen are working. Is it something to do with SH3 commander, as I am loading with that?
barker262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 07:07 AM   #2
RConch
Captain

Downloads: 503

Need a little more info please.
What major mod are you running?
What minor mods do you have engaged?
Was the "upgrade" screen available at the start of the mission?
Are you playing a single mission?
Old 04-02-14, 07:26 AM   #3
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Have you just completed your first patrol?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 08:51 AM   #4
Mittelwaechter
The Old Man

Downloads: 35

You're probably not in your home port. Your flottilla may have been moved (to France?).

10 happy wolves rear 90 blinded, ensnared sheep. 90 happy sheep banish the wolves.

Arrest the 1% - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6hg1oNeGE
Mittelwaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 10:32 AM   #5
barker262
Seaman

Downloads: 89

Rconch - I have the GWX gold mod, commander and das boot sounds. There is also a graphic user interface mod but I can't remember its name, doesn't affect anything outside of the main sim though.

I think you might have it there Mittelwaechter, I'm in Cuxhaven when my home port is Kiel.

Jimbuna, I'm on my 7th patrol (just got killed but - battleship in the middle of a convoy at night in rain, never saw it, but it lit me up like a christmas tree) I hadn't worried about renown until the end of the 6th patrol, as I had my type VIIB and was happy with that, all my other starts where in type IIA's.
barker262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 08:57 AM   #6
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Downloads: 75

Quote:
I think you might have it there Mittelwaechter, I'm in Cuxhaven when my home port is Kiel.
That will do it, but I was confused because you said your crew "got their rewards".

If you dock anywhere but your home port, you will not be able to change your submarine equipment nor its torpedo loadout for the next mission.

But, also, you will not be able to assign promotions, medals, or qualifications.

Steve
maillemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 04:01 AM   #7
GJO
Planesman

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
That will do it, but I was confused because you said your crew "got their rewards".

If you dock anywhere but your home port, you will not be able to change your submarine equipment nor its torpedo loadout for the next mission.

But, also, you will not be able to assign promotions, medals, or qualifications.

Steve
It is true that when away from the assigned 'home base' the armoury load out will be what that base decides to allocate and the player will have no choice but it is possible to make crew awards and changes when at another base or even when refuelling from a supply ship or U-tanker. Just click on the filing cabinet in the left upper corner when at the 'Commander's desk' and all crew actions, including assigning awards, promotions and qualifications, are possible.
GJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 08:57 AM   #8
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Downloads: 75

Quote:
It is true that when away from the assigned 'home base' the armoury load out will be what that base decides to allocate and the player will have no choice but it is possible to make crew awards and changes when at another base or even when refuelling from a supply ship or U-tanker. Just click on the filing cabinet in the left upper corner when at the 'Commander's desk' and all crew actions, including assigning awards, promotions and qualifications, are possible.
It must just be broken then on the main mission end screen where you can look at your medals and click on the crew roster.

Steve
maillemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-14, 05:33 AM   #9
GJO
Planesman

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
It must just be broken then on the main mission end screen where you can look at your medals and click on the crew roster.

Steve
As far as I know, when at a base other than your home base, clicking on the filing cabinet is the only means of access to either the 'Barracks' or the 'Awards' - there will be no response to clicking anywhere else on either of the desk views - the desk views are accessible only when in the home base.
GJO is offline   Reply With Quote