SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-14, 01:49 PM   #16
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
Plenty of demand. No supply. I do not know what the issue is, but it seems like there might be a major limitation. Hopefully, one of the experts in this area can explain the difficulty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstriker View Post
From my foyer into the WS mods the dificulty is in the menu_1024_768.ini.
hello guys,

@BigWalleye: there is no limitations for making the ui at 1920x1080 (well not exactly 'no limitations' but the limitations are so minor that can be passed by).

@Desertstriker: the difficulty is not at menu_ini at all.the menu_ini can handle whatever resolution we may alter.

i have read a thousand of nosences to many threads about this theme.the truth is that it can absolutely be done. i have allready made and running a ui at 1600x900 (16:9) and one more at 1680x1050 (16:10)

so where is the 'problem' and you have no 1920x1080 ui today?
i am speaking for myself now and i will tell you why i haven't made a ui at this resolution (1920x1080)

there are two 'problems' (big ones!):
1. each resolution needs many images (graphic work) to be made (leave aside the code work-this is not problem for me). the ammount of the work at images is getting much bigger as you are aftering the quality at your images. forget enlarging existing images...etc ,this is not an option at all (i have left behind the so-so made mods long time ago). most images ,about 80% of them,were made from...scratch at the 1680x1050 version of the u-boot-hahd ui.
as you are intending to go to so high resolution there will be the need of huge work at necessery images and ,ONLY if i had a real talended graphic guy on my side to make the images that i ordered to him , i would start the creation of this ui.
2. the second 'problem' is that i don't have a monitor to rise at 1920x1080 resolution(mine is getting max to 1680x1050) and without it ...it is impossible for me to create a ui at 1920x1080

edit: i remember that i have read some time ago that it was a guy who was saying that he had almost made ready a 1920x1080 ui for sh3. i can't remember his name now but do a search and you may find him.

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 04-06-14 at 02:02 PM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote