SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-24-15, 06:28 AM   #1126
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmonzo View Post
Is that wanted or did I do something wrong?
Yes, it is wanted for Anvart FuMO30 mod.
You turn the radar on/off through these keys commands:

Radar On:
- "SHIFT+R", Radar_continuous_sweep
or
- "R", Radar_one_sweep

Radar Off:
- "CTRL+R", Radar_turn_off

Or, through menu commands.

Quote:
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final
Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final - FILES for NYGM v3.6D
These mods contain important files that overlap one another. I do not know whether Ahnenerbe has prepared his files for use with "V16B1" and "Stiebler4C_Addon". If not, you have to manually do it. I advise you to carefully read all the documentation of these mods.

Quote:
Also I am having a question regarding the periscope. It is really hard to use the slide down dial with only 6x zoom and 2 unit steps. How do you guys aim on true 100% difficulty in nygm?

And another question: ist it right that the ground mount and the actual observation scope are in different locations in my uboat and that the observation scope does not actually work (i.e. can't deploy or use it, eventhough I can see it undeployed on the bridge)?
I do not understand these two questions!
Old 02-24-15, 07:58 AM   #1127
Schmonzo
Seaman

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Also I am having a question regarding the periscope. It is really hard to use the slide down dial with only 6x zoom and 2 unit steps.

How do you guys aim on true 100% difficulty in nygm?

And another question: ist it right that the ground mount and the actual observation scope are in different locations in my uboat

And the last one: I can't use the observation scope, by this I mean I can click on it's icon, but that does nothing, I simply get not teleportet into the observation scope, so it is of no use to me, eventhough I can deploy it via keyboard.
Thank you so much for the radar help though Tycho, here is my new loadorder, so ahnerbe should not be a problem anymore:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\G\Sim\Silent Hunter 3\MODS]

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
Enhanced Nav Map Plotting Tools
Harbor Traffic Add-In
O2-Gauges v2
Schmonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 08:19 AM   #1128
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
am I missing anything in my installation (the documentation folder confuses me quite a bit)

NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen
O2-Gauges v2

One problem is that you have the mods in the wrong order. You must install all other mods, except Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME) and Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1, before you even begin setting up those two files. You use the menu_1024_768.ini, menu.txt, etc, that are in the game's Data folder after all other mods have been activated with JSGME. The you modify them according to the instructions, first for h.sie's V16B1-Patch-Kit, then for Stiebler4C, and place the modified files into the appropriate folders. Then you install the patches, first h.sie's, then Stiebler's. Then you activate all patches with the Option Selector in Stiebler4C and place the patched sh3.exe in Stiebler4C-Addon-for-V15B1. Now activate Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME) and Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1 with JSGME. Lastly, add the O2-Gauges v2. The last three mods shown on your JSGME activated mods list should always be

O2-Gauges v2

Right now, you are overwriting the files you prepared for the patcher supplements when you activate Ahnenerbe, which, IIRC, contains its own version of every file in the supplements. So the files you edited for V16B1 and Stiebler4C are never used.

JSGME does not change the contents of files. It changes entire files. If you activate File A from Mod_One, then File A from Mod_Two, only the Mod_Two version will actually remain in the game Data folder. You won't lose Mod_One's stuff - JSGME takes care of that - but you won't use it either.

Quote:
Also I am having a question regarding the periscope. It is really hard to use the slide down dial with only 6x zoom and 2 unit steps. How do you guys aim on true 100% difficulty in nygm?
Actually, 1.5x-6x was all the RL Kaleuns had to work with, and they didn't have a stadimeter, except for the pre-war boats. Hitman's Optics and Hitman's GUI both incorporate the optical tools that you will find in the surviving U-boats in museums. The rest is Hollywood.

If you use the "normal approach" tactic (sub is 90 degrees to the target track at point of impact), range becomes unimportant. The German TDC (they called it a TVR) does an excellent job of calculating lead angle for you, as long as you get the target speed right. I am no crack shot, but on my last patrol, I put 13 of 14 torpedoes on the target. (They were all steamers, so I could see the entire run.) Not all were hits though, thanks to the Torpedo Directorate.

Suggestions: Fix the patcher supplements. Look into the "normal approach" tactic. And practice. NYGM has two WAW practice missions as well as the school mission. Then you will find that 100% is quite doable. Maybe you will even try the Hitman mods!

Good luck and good hunting.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-15, 09:33 AM   #1129
Schmonzo
Seaman

hey Big Walley,
I already posted my new loadorder in my last post with the pictures :

NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
Harbor Traffic Add-In
O2-Gauges v2

and nygm seems to make the config changes of h.sie and stiebler for me, because I looked and even without them installed de_menu etc. are already altered in the right way. Only thing I needed to add were AI_Sensors.dat for Stiebler and change the campaign_SCR.mis for H.sie so wolfpacks would appear. I did not change Menu_1024_768.ini, because I did not activate the weather meter.

But thank you for your help! The thing about ahnerbe vs. hitman is, that I prefer the high resolution and that the game fills my screen. I know nygm players frown upon that kind of talk, but that is the one eye-candy fix I like.

My only problem still is the observation periscope thing from my last post...
Old 02-24-15, 11:22 AM   #1130
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
I already posted my new loadorder in my last post with the pictures :
Sorry about that. Cross-posted.

Quote:
The thing about ahnerbe vs. hitman is, that I prefer the high resolution and that the game fills my screen. I know nygm players frown upon that kind of talk, but that is the one eye-candy fix I like....
Of course, you want 1920x1080! For anyone using NYGM, there is an equally good-looking alternative to Ahnenerbe.'s 1920x1080. It is Van1920x1080 http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//sho...d.php?t=213527. In fact, VanJast is one of the modders Ahnenerbe credits.

Van1920x1080 works only with NYGM and only with Hitman's GUI. If you are using NYGM anyway, Van1920x1080 is not only compatible with Hitman's GUI, but requires it! No need to have to choose between hi-rez and Hitman's great optics.
Old 02-24-15, 04:13 PM   #1131
Schmonzo
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
Sorry about that. Cross-posted.

Of course, you want 1920x1080! For anyone using NYGM, there is an equally good-looking alternative to Ahnenerbe.'s 1920x1080. It is Van1920x1080 http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//sho...d.php?t=213527. In fact, VanJast is one of the modders Ahn
enerbe credits.
Van1920x1080 works only with NYGM and only with Hitman's GUI. If you are using NYGM anyway, Van1920x1080 is not only compatible with Hitman's GUI, but requires it! No need to have to choose between hi-rez and Hitman's great optics.
No need to apologize when you are helping
okay, so I installed van1920x1080 my modlist looks like this now:

NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
Harbor Traffic Add-In
NYGM_HiRes_Submarines_3_6F
Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1
Van1920x1080
O2-Gauges v2

the observation scope is still gone though in my VIIC in Jan 1941. Also is there a tutorial for aiming anywhere, because I never did it manually without the luxury aiming wheel that was used in olc_gui, magui_widescreen and ahnenerbes gui. I have no clue how I would measure distance or angle on bow and most importantly speed without guessing it.
Old 02-24-15, 05:48 PM   #1132
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
No need to apologize when you are helping
okay, so I installed van1920x1080 my modlist looks like this now:

NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
Harbor Traffic Add-In
Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1
Van1920x1080
O2-Gauges v2

the observation scope is still gone though in my VIIC in Jan 1941. Also is there a tutorial for aiming anywhere, because I never did it manually without the luxury aiming wheel that was used in olc_gui, magui_widescreen and ahnenerbes gui. I have no clue how I would measure distance or angle on bow and most importantly speed without guessing it.
There is material in the documentation folder for Hitman's GUI, and in the Documentation folder for Hitman's Optics, which is included in NYGM 3.6F. There are tutorials on YouTube under the name Dick O'Kane method and Wazoo's Fast 90 method. Some of them are for SH4, but they are even easier in a U-boat with a TVR to give you lead angles. The techniques for range, AoB, and speed using just the scope graticles are in Hitman's documents. Also the documentation that comes with the U-jagd tools http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=123373 is very helpful.

AFAIK, the simplest attack tactic is this:

Maneuver the boat so it is perpendicular to the target track and at a range to the track of 500-1500 m. Disengage the TVR ("TDC"). Set target AoB to 90 degrees (Make sure you set it to the correct side!) Set target speed to whatever you have determined (There are lots of ways to do this. I try to use at least two and make sure they agree.) Set the scope bearing to zero degrees (180 if using a stern tube). Engage the TVR. Turn the scope so the indicated torpedo gyro angle is zero. Wait! (May want to lower the scope while waiting.) When the target crosses the wire, "Fire!"

For this method, the only crucial parameter is target speed.

BTW, thanks to the TVR and its lead angle calculator, this technique works fine for attacking convoys. They're all on the same course at the same speed. You can swing the scope 10 degrees or more to either side, and the lead angle will adjust. So you can engage multiple targets without having to change the setup. Which IIRC was one of the purposes for the lead angle calculator.

Last edited by BigWalleye; 02-25-15 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-25-15, 08:40 AM   #1133
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
so, after giving my guys the order to dive (d) they are unwilling to change the ruder, so I keep on going down... any hints? Surface (s) lets them start to change the ruders for the fraction of a second, but then they go back to diving, I can't surface via (e) because there are destroyers up there waiting for me...
Don't know. But I never use the Dive order. I always order a particular depth. (I use voice command, so it's: "Make your depth three zero meters." and the crew does the rest. But you can do the same thing by clicking on the depth meter.) The boat goes to the ordered depth. Never have a problem. And I can't see anything in your mod list that might cause the bahavior you describe. I use the same mods myself (along with a bunch more).

Schmonzo, looking back over the problems you have described, I am beginning to wonder if you have a corrupt install of SH3, or maybe a corrupt mod package. Have you considered uninstalling everything, doing a registry cleanup, re-downloading all your mods, and then reinstalling. It sounds onerous, but it can often be easier and faster than trying to find assorted odd behaviors. Especially when a reinstall is often the fix you come to in the end.
Old 02-25-15, 08:49 AM   #1134
Schmonzo
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
Don't know. But I never use the Dive order. I always order a particular depth. (I use voice command, so it's: "Make your depth three zero meters." and the crew does the rest. But you can do the same thing by clicking on the depth meter.) The boat goes to the ordered depth. Never have a problem. And I can't see anything in your mod list that might cause the bahavior you describe. I use the same mods myself (along with a bunch more).
Damn you are a quick helper
Seems like the destroyers hit my depth ruder without me noticing, because after I stopped silent running for a bit and sent my crew to the bow for repairs my ruders started responding again
Thanks anyway!
Old 02-25-15, 09:42 AM   #1135
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Quote:
Damn you are a quick helper
Seems like the destroyers hit my depth ruder without me noticing, because after I stopped silent running for a bit and sent my crew to the bow for repairs my ruders started responding again
Thanks anyway!
Glad that's all it was, although you could die from it!

Good luck and good hunting! Bring back ein Englisch WC-Sitz as a souvenir!

Last edited by BigWalleye; 02-25-15 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-03-15, 09:19 AM   #1136
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Kaleun Stiebler I have a couple of questions
I used hitman_gui_NYGM3_1.1 ... now I tried 3.6fix
I have a couple of problems ... can I get / I install (as I do) LAGEWINKEL dials?

The "ENTFERNUNGSTABELLE FÜR NLSR 9 BIN / MON" is ideal for Hitman 1.1 .... with 3.6 FIX is not so simple (for me) it is possible to regain the optics of 1.1?

thanks Stiebler
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-15, 11:42 AM   #1137
Rokko
Seaman

Downloads: 60

I've come back to SH3 once again and remember I quite liked NYGM. I do unfortunately not have the slightest recollection of how to set it up, I just remember it to be rather dreadful, especially if I want to play in 1920x1080.

Is there a comprehensive instruction for the most recent version? I've looked around in this thread but much of the info I've found seems to be obsolete now.
Rokko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-15, 04:56 AM   #1138
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Default Question newbie

Hello I have 2 questions

1- I want to play without god mod eyes ... give me a link where you explain how to intercept enemy ships with NYGM without god mod ?

2-This is my mod list what would you recommend to add?

3- Better IABLShipsforNYGM_New or Merchant Fleet Interim?..... and if instead I install MFM 3.2? .... works fine with NYGM?

[C:\Users\Elsa\Desktop\NYG\MODS]

NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
IABLShipsforNYGM_New
3rd Flotilla Mod
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
Stiebler4C_SubsFlag
Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6 (Fixed)

thanks Kaleuns please answer me

Last edited by hauangua; 03-18-15 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-19-15, 10:42 AM   #1139
hauangua
Grey Wolf

cool

Ok non esagerate con le risposte gente di NYGM! .... incredibile che se chiedo qualcosa da qualche altra parte le risposte arrivino, qua no, sembrate una cerchia ristretta di illuminati....bah.... pazienza comunque di riffa o di raffa la soluzione la troverò
ciao gente!
Old 03-19-15, 10:59 AM   #1140
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

Learning to use the attack disc (Angriffsscheibe) helps in attacking without god's mode.

www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=126824
Maneuvering board techniques as well.

Tags
torpedos through hull