SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-02-10, 07:49 AM   #1426
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
got a question from someone wanting to know if I could add a switch/button to the nav map that would allow the TDC dials to show on the nav map. What do you all think about this idea?
sounds like a good idea for some although I would not use it
but if as you say it had a toggle switch then the user can choose
to use it or not
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 07:57 AM   #1427
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Maybe not exactly the same but with the TAI map having the ability to expand and be resized, you already have the dials, map, tools all at one place. Bringing it to Nav map would really be the same as what you already have available.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 08:00 AM   #1428
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
I for one would rather have the 0 heading Up (north) and obviously 180 (south) but if this goes against the majority then i will go with the majority (should be pretty easy edit to reverse ? )
so you want both styles of draggable compasses with 0 up and 180 down? Or do you want 2 of the same style with 1 having 0 up, 180 down and the other having 180 up and 0 down?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 08:00 AM   #1429
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

On the TDC...
Yes, I think KarlKoch has hit the nail on the head and I feel exactly the same way on the TDC, it would be a nice feature and making it toggleable allows the user to decide whether they want it or not.

On the compasses
Perhaps we should keep the larger of the two compasses, would it be possible to have the toggle for compass up/down on the draggable itself in the form of a double headed arrow? and retain the current switch for its visibility?

On an options screen
Whilst it would be good top have these in the main options screen, perhaps it might be better to have a popup screen integrated into the map station for speed, instead of the icons in the extending toggle bar you could have a single button there to bring up an options panel with checkboxes or radio buttons etc, This would make things easier when adding new features. Looking back at old games such as the GNB series, Harpoon etc they have a wealth of features in their map options boxes.
Old 05-02-10, 08:11 AM   #1430
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

TDW ......

Two the same, with each pole (top = 0 and top = 180) would be fine

I only have the stock 2.0 release, so at the moment i just have the lone 180 top compass to visualise (some people testing dual compasses with a larger compass ? )

(is there is a slightly larger compass you're incorporating then ?)

I will read back some pages, guess with the speed of replies and your lightning fast work i've missed some crucial additions

Edit : Ok i think i'm back up to speed, read the 2.1 changes

So back to the draggable compasses, one reading normal t'other opposite seems fine

As i run 1920x1200 could an optional mod be made for slightly larger dragging compasses, i mean like you did the Twisty Thing etc etc where we can have a jsgme option ?? (my eyes aint what they used to be lol) or have i missed another compass pic that's being incorporated ? (i read back ten pages but will read back further after i get back, gotta fetch mother for her sunday dinner )

Bye

Def

Last edited by Defiance; 05-02-10 at 08:23 AM. Reason: added text
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 08:23 AM   #1431
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
TDW ......

Two the same, with each pole (top = 0 and top = 180) would be fine

I only have the stock 2.0 release, so at the moment i just have the lone 180 top compass to visualise

(is there is a slightly larger compass you're incorporating then ?)

I will read back some pages, guess with the speed of replies and your lightning fast work i've missed some crucial additions
if you have v2.0.0 then you have 2 draggable compasses. If you enable the new map tool (the circle one at the top - just click on it) the draggable compass will change to the other style.
Old 05-02-10, 08:27 AM   #1432
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Lol,

I understand you now lol

For me the bearings to zero on the larger one up north

Keep the smaller one as-is

Hope that makes sense

One of "Those Days" for me i think lmao

Cheers

Bye

Def
Old 05-02-10, 08:57 AM   #1433
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

here's what I'm going to do: since the second draggable compass (the larger one with all the dots on it) was meant to be scaled with the map and I'm not implementing that I'll remove it. In it's place I'll add the smaller compass with north south flipped. This will give two draggable compasses of the same type, one with north up and the other with south up.
Old 05-02-10, 09:29 AM   #1434
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Sounds fine to me

Cheers

Bye

Def
Old 05-02-10, 09:36 AM   #1435
java`s revenge
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 97

Guys,

Can`t we establish a foundation for this great man?????

He gives much time to make sh5 as it should be....
Old 05-02-10, 10:07 AM   #1436
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticalwolf View Post
Love your work

Flipped the eagle back to the top of the draggable compass.

DL: http://www.filefront.com/16337347/Na...bleCompass2.7z
excellent. Removed the big draggable compass and in it's place put this compass (same as the small one that was originally there with south up) which has north up. Now there are two draggable compasses, both of the same style, one with north up and one with south up.
Old 05-02-10, 10:23 AM   #1437
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunos View Post
This is your mod, so basically it means that YOU decide what is going to be included and how it is going to function. You may receive all kinds of odd wishes to be included into your mod but be carefull, still this is going to be a fail if you think that all the wishes has to be fullfilled in order to keep it in high ratings. To answer the question what is common between nav map and TDC ? If you ask me Nav map is for navigation. TDC is another thing, so my common sense says why should these two be merged ? In other words I'm against this idea.
I can see the point of having them available on the nav map for 'tweaking' the firing solution. I used to do that all the time in SH3. The layout of the TDC dials though will be defined by the TDC mode in use which could pose problems on the nav map.
Old 05-02-10, 02:18 PM   #1438
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBabouin View Post
They are great images but make me laugh instead of dramatizing the situation, especially as the hide/show officer bar feature doesn't exist yet.
it sure does. In the options file you can disable the officer bar.
Old 05-02-10, 02:19 PM   #1439
ologuy
Mate

Downloads: 48

Would it be possible to make RAOBF in your mod?
ologuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 02:25 PM   #1440
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonarman View Post
Yes, but only temporarily ie when you press it it relocates the TAI to your sub's location, it would be good to have a button to do this all the time automatically.
Quote:
looks like Sober is referring to a change of background colors in the order icons and notepad to a tan color, probably to help make things be less intrusive for night vision.

Another new idea
How about a button to trigger a function to autocentre the TAI on the sub.
Quote:
Yes, surprising the devs didn't include that feature, hopefully not something that will be bad for resources with redraws etc?
this feature has been added and it doesn't drain resources. It's a very simple call to a function in the animation stopped routine (so it's updated very frequently). When enabled it will keep the sub centered on the TAI and the nav map.

It's located on the top left of the TAI map in the corner. When enabled it's a bright blue and when disabled it's a dull blue. When enabled/disabled it will flash twice to let you know (I also gave the bottom left button - center on sub - the same flashing when pressed). There are times when the game needs to scroll the map/nav map and thus when that happens it will disengage the automatic centering of the sub on the TAI/nav map and flash it twice to let you know it's changing state. You'll have to re-enable it.

Disabled:

enabled:

TAI minimized (I made it default to a little bigger size so you can access this new feature):

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui