SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-01-07, 09:24 PM   #76
Steppenwolf
中国水兵

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
No kidding. I'm also my worst critic. I don't know if i should chewing myself out letting this oversight slip by me, or pat myself on the back for it being the only screw up as so far. Although im 99% sure, its the only screw up ive made, and only because i had a moment of laziness
Definitely, a big pat on the back!

You have made the game more enjoyable for a large number of people. Both those that have used your entire mod and those, like myself, who have extracted the parts they like best from it. I can only imagine the number of hours this must have taken, and the fact that this is the first noticeable error speaks for itself regarding your attention to detail and thorough testing. So a big thanks from all of us that have benefited from leeching off your hard work.
Steppenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 09:33 PM   #77
Bungo_Pete
Medic

Downloads: 14

Hi how and wheree do you install this?:hmm:
Bungo_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 09:45 PM   #78
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

More like leeching off of my leeching. Remember im not the one who thought up alot of the stuff in this mod pack. All i did was compile it in such a way as to be applied to GWX.

I've repeatidly stated nothing in here is orignal work, and i just want to reiterate that. Less i be confused with less then savory characters that passed off other peoples work as their own intellectual creations. Something i would never do.

All in all though, im confident that if there were any more bugs/quirks/oversights that break something in this mod compellation, they would have been voiced by now.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 12:54 AM   #79
U-snafu
XO

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Next update.............to make.............to address............mod............implement....... ....testing.............polished......

...........i can stop looking at things and just play the damn game :rotfl:

That will never happen--you have the dreaded tinkering disease Which is a good thing actually.
Old 02-02-07, 02:13 AM   #80
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Observation scope error is fixed.

http://www.ducimus.net/sh3/release/R...o_Taste_V5c.7z

And that i believe, is that.

*dusts off hands*
Old 02-02-07, 03:36 AM   #81
Bungo_Pete
Medic

Downloads: 14

Ok I got it in didnt have jsgme but when I am in game I'm getting a sporatic static/hissing sound through my ear phones the only time I don't get it is when i goto the hydrophones.Really love the sound of the periscope going up and down all in all a great addition.I am also not using the patch for gwx.
Bungo_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 05:19 AM   #82
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

Great thanks to geralt, Kpt. Otto and Steppenwolf for helping with the issue. And to Ducimus for his mod and kind assistance. Keep up the good work!
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 01:20 PM   #83
Kpt, Otto
Planesman

I Second that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
Quote:
No kidding. I'm also my worst critic. I don't know if i should chewing myself out letting this oversight slip by me, or pat myself on the back for it being the only screw up as so far. Although im 99% sure, its the only screw up ive made, and only because i had a moment of laziness
Definitely, a big pat on the back!

You have made the game more enjoyable for a large number of people. Both those that have used your entire mod and those, like myself, who have extracted the parts they like best from it. I can only imagine the number of hours this must have taken, and the fact that this is the first noticeable error speaks for itself regarding your attention to detail and thorough testing. So a big thanks from all of us that have benefited from leeching off your hard work.
I second that

The NYGM team and the GWX team have done a fantastic job and have made the game so much more realistic to play.

Ducimus, for me, including the NYGM Periscope TDC in GWX has helped me to further understand the challenges the men faced in the heat of battle when getting the firing solution right first time was a matter of life or death. So thank you for bringing these great Mods together. My enjoyment of the game has been greatly increased
Kpt, Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 01:40 PM   #84
Kpt, Otto
Planesman

Ah yes thats it...

Quote:
Kpt. Otto,
I may be able to clear the situation up a little bit.

Neither the stock version nor GWX uses an OBS_periscope.tga. The [G2B I130] block in the menu_1024_768.ini file that you mention, has always pointed to Periscope.tga I believe this is because stock and GWX use the same background for both the (F3) Attack periscope and (O) Observation periscope screens.

In Ducimus' "Periscope Stand Alone Mod", no Periscope.tga or OBS_periscope.tga files were included, BUT the "menu_1024_768" file has the change in the [G2B I130] block to point to a "OBS_periscope.tga file. So if you have only applied the "Periscope standalone" mod you may have the problem with the Observation scope. Lots of people don't use the Observation scope, so I don't think too many people even notice the problem, if they have it.

In Ducimus full "Flavored to Taste Mod", he provides both a new low-contrast Periscope.tga and OBS_periscope.tga file (Although these files are really identical and OBS_periscope.tga is just a copy of Periscope.tga that has been renamed). Therefore, you will not have a problem with the observation scope.

This is not remotely a criticism of Ducimus' mod, which I absolutely love. I suspect (and obviously I'm just guessing here) that at one point, changes for a mod that was altering the Observation Scope to have a little different background from the Attack Scope got carried over to these mods somewhere along the line. Given the sweeping changes in Ducimus' mod I am amazed there aren't any other inconsistencies like this one.
Ah Yes that its it! I thought more about it at work today before I read your post and came to similar conclusion that it could not be because of two differant stock games being produced. Thanks for shedding some further light on that one

Ah well all sorted now and we all have a great mod!

Kpt Otto
U-137
Kpt, Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 04:47 PM   #85
Roads88
Sparky

awwwww...thank you, thank you, thank you.
Old 02-09-07, 12:39 PM   #86
Makr
Sailor man

Quote:
EXTRA FILES IN THE DOCUMENTATION DIRECTORY

- GouldJG_ZONES.CFG
Gouldjg's special effects. See this thread for details:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102769
Quick question about this part of the Readme. So this mod is not in your mod by default, you have to add it in manually after installing yours?
Makr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-07, 01:10 PM   #87
Steppenwolf
中国水兵

Correct, it is not in the default installation.

Easiest way to install it, is to just copy the GouldJG_Zones.cfg file from the \Documentation folder in the mod to the \data directory in the mod. Then rename the file to Zones.cfg. Then enable the whole "Flavored to Taste" mod through JSGME (This way, in the future, it will enable/disable along with the rest of the "Flavored to Taste" mod).
Steppenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 11:31 AM   #88
Makr
Sailor man

Quote:
Correct, it is not in the default installation.

Easiest way to install it, is to just copy the GouldJG_Zones.cfg file from the \Documentation folder in the mod to the \data directory in the mod. Then rename the file to Zones.cfg. Then enable the whole "Flavored to Taste" mod through JSGME (This way, in the future, it will enable/disable along with the rest of the "Flavored to Taste" mod).
Good idea. Just did it and it's working like a charm.

@Ducimus: thanks again for creating this awesome mod, i've been using it for a week now and can't imagine sh3 without it!
Makr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-07, 12:21 PM   #89
Jager
Loader

Downloads: 7

I really like the attack periscope with the TDC dials bulit in! I also liked the trial days for new equipment in NYGM so should prove very interesting. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-16-07, 01:01 PM   #90
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Up to 5d now