SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-23-23, 12:45 PM   #901
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Meanwhile, on a brighter note.....Former first minister Nicola Sturgeon has revealed she has passed her driving test on her first attempt, aged 53.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-23, 05:59 AM   #902
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Well I'll be damned, Nicola got something right for once, well done you currant.

RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: If the police can scour the internet for hate speech, surely they can arrest protesters calling for the eradication of a nation

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...e-protest.html

Why has Sadiq Khan been in hiding for the last two weeks? and why hasn't the Met Commissioner Mark Rowley not been fired yet?, the previous Met Commissioner was quickly done away with by Khan so why isn't this currant Mark Rowley facing the same fate?.
Appeasement doesn't get you anything, it never has before and it won't in the future either, BendOver Rowley should already know this and, if he doesn't, he isn't the proper man for that job. What was needed at this demonstration was a warning given before it even started that any kind of inflammatory chants like Jihad would lead to them being arrested and deported, that would have made anyone think twice before the demo even started.
As for allowing "Hizb ut-Tahrir", an Islamist group so extreme that they are banned in Germany and across the Muslim world a platform to spout their vile beliefs is a dereliction of duty both by Khan and Rowley and, they both need replacing at the earliest opportunity.

The Tories spouted at the General Election in 2010, we shall be tough on crime, not with a feather duster you won't be you bleeding muppets, maybe a smack in the mouth and a smack around the head for good measure with a truncheon everyday will re-focus the minds of this "Appeasement Disorder" that they're suffering from.

Last edited by Moonlight; 10-24-23 at 06:13 AM.
Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-23, 06:10 AM   #903
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The government is set to confirm plans to end the use of 50 hotels to house migrants by January.

In March, the BBC learned around 400 hotels were being used to house record numbers of asylum seekers.

On Tuesday, Immigration Minister Robert Jenrick will announce plans to start terminating hotel contracts that are costing the taxpayer £8m a day.

Ministers have frequently criticised the cost, promising to reduce the government's reliance on hotels.
Definitely an election on the horizon

Old 10-24-23, 09:08 AM   #904
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Well this should go down a treat with the electorate.

Quote:
Rishi Sunak is pushing ahead with Liz Truss’s plan to axe the cap on bankers’ bonuses despite warnings that boosting bumper pay-outs for the rich is “obscene”.

Scrapping the limit on multimillion-pound bonuses for high earners is one of the only policies to survive the disastrous “Trussonomics” period last autumn.

Mr Sunak has approved his predecessor’s policy to get rid of the post-Brexit rules around capping bonuses – inherited from the EU from when the UK was still a member.

It comes around a year after former chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng first revealed plans to change the bonus rules as part of the mini-Budget fiasco which sparked market panic.

Even Boris Johnson had reportedly backed away from taking the step because he feared a huge political backlash during the cost of living crisis.

On Tuesday the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Bank of England’s Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA) confirmed that the current bonus cap will be lifted on 31 October.

The move – part of a bid to help London’s financial centre fend off competitors after Brexit – was immediately condemned by unions as “an insult to working people”.

TUC general secretary Paul Nowak said it was an “obscene decision”, adding: “City financiers are already enjoying bumper bonuses. They don’t need another helping hand from the Conservatives.”

The TUC boss added: “Rishi Sunak has shown once again that he is more interested in feather-nesting the super-wealthy than helping struggling families.”

Unison’s general secretary Christina McAnea argued that anyone who thinks that making bankers “even richer” will achieve anything positive “is utterly deluded”.

She said: “It’s beyond belief that the disastrous policies of Liz Truss are being reheated. She trashed the economy and everyone else is still paying the price. This won’t win public sympathy for a government in desperate need of it.”

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer previously attacked the plan as amounting to a “pay rises for bankers, pay cuts for district nurses”.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...fca0396a&ei=20

Old 10-24-23, 01:12 PM   #905
Moonlight
Admiral

Bankers are not going to win you the next General Election Sunak you brain dead currant.

Meanwhile doing this might just win it for you, I did say "Might", you've screwed the country over too many times in the past to say "It Will Do".
I think both the Tory and the Labour Party are misreading the room once again, these Europeans are playing with a different "Rule Book" than the UK government is and, they've finally woken up and realised these Economic Migrants have been taking the piss out of us for far too long, it's took you long enough you pillocks.

Pay serious attention to the staggering Swiss election result Mr Sunak – it will teach you a thing or two...
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...891b889e&ei=27

Emmanuel Macron in major Europe pushback as France gears up to break rules to expel 'dangerous' foreigners
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...ei=10#comments

You know what to do Sunak, grow some Cojones and get it done, we're here if you need any public support, just ask the nation and they'll give you the right answer, oh one more thing, tell the UN to go **** itself.
Old 10-24-23, 01:35 PM   #906
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

What seat are you going to be running for?

Old 10-24-23, 04:45 PM   #907
Moonlight
Admiral

Oh bloody hell fire, I'm too old to begin life as a Minister of Parliament, I'm a pensioner next year but, if I was middle aged again, who knows.
I was born in Burford Oxfordshire "The Gateway to the Cotswolds", so everyone keeps bragging about, sigh, the constituency would come under Witney, I've no idea who the MP for it is, I do know he's a typical Tory prat though.

I'm going to see Aunt Priscilla in December, she still lives in Burford so she'll give me the lowdown on all the local scandal that's happened since I was last down there, it might take a couple of days as there's loads of "Bent Nail" Tories down there, country life eh, nothing is kept secret for long.

Crikey, even my aunt is a bleeding Tory pillock, I must remember to remind her of that at least once a day.
Old 10-25-23, 06:37 AM   #908
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Rishi Sunak appeared to drop a major hint on the date of the next general election in a new video.

The Prime Minister shared a video on X, formerly known as Twitter, marking a year in 10 Downing Street.

The 46-second clip listed achievements since Mr Sunak has been in power, as well as his five priorities.

It then added: "So what can a country achieve in 52 weeks? Watch this space."

It suggests Mr Sunak may call a general election in one year's time in autumn 2024.

Old 10-25-23, 09:19 AM   #909
Moonlight
Admiral

Labour in meltdown over backing for Israel: Keir Starmer faces anger of Muslim and other pro-Palestine MPs after dodging mentioning Middle East crisis at PMQs - with 150 councillors demanding he calls for ceasefire
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-visit.html

A week in Politics is a long time Starmer, how's your day going so far?.

Firstly.
Wow, the Fence Sitting Knee Bender is being told how to run the Labour Party by his own migrant councillors, excuse me Starmer, but just how have you let this happen?. Migrants were brought in to work here, they weren't brought in here to run the bleeding country, these pillocks shouldn't be any where near any kind of governmental position, local or otherwise.

Secondly.
I didn't hear any of these muppets howls of outrage at the senseless killing of innocent Israeli citizens by Hamas, did anyone else?, do they support Hamas?, there's a very high chance of that, but we'll never know for sure. I can tell you this though, when some of these pillocks looked in the mirror on that infamous day there would have been a smiling face staring back at them.
Old 10-25-23, 11:17 AM   #910
Moonlight
Admiral

Can rain really come from the 'wrong direction'? Scientists set the record straight after bumbling Environment Secretary Therese Coffey uses bizarre excuse for Storm Babet

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...orm-Babet.html

I don't believe it!, how did this "Plank" get the job of the Environment Secretary?, who gave her this job in the first place?, how did we get to the stage where we let these bloody morons run this country?. Next thing she'll be saying is, it's because the rain is wet. She's just another incompetent minister and there's been a lot of them this last 13 years, an oxygen thief?, undoubtedly, and obviously, she's a typical thick as mince Tory too.

Her Bio says she enjoys gardening, karaoke, and music, looking at the state of the monster she likes plenty of that falling down water as well.
Old 10-25-23, 11:59 AM   #911
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

What perplexes me is the self-destructive behaviour on the Tory backbenches.

Old 10-25-23, 04:00 PM   #912
Moonlight
Admiral

Yeah, some of them are acting as though they've had enough of being in the hot seat and wouldn't mind being in opposition again. After the General Election next year a lot of MPs from either side of the house might never step into the House of Commons again.

The hard left of Labour and the Wets of the Tories, who are going to send their parties into meltdown the most?, it's turning into a Collective Madness free for all and I never ever thought I would see this day.

Bloody Muppets.
Old 10-26-23, 05:59 AM   #913
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Well, that's another one gone....never to return hopefully.

Quote:
MPs have voted to suspend Peter Bone from the Commons for six weeks after an investigation found he had bullied and was sexually inappropriate around a former member of staff.

The move is likely to lead to a by-election in his Wellingborough constituency, a former Tory safe seat polling indicates could flip to Labour.

Parliament's behaviour watchdog found Mr Bone had exposed himself to an aide and physically struck him.

Mr Bone denies the charges.

The Conservative Party had already withdrawn the whip from the MP, meaning he will not be able to stand for re-election as a Tory candidate and he currently sits as an independent.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67219553

Old 10-26-23, 12:22 PM   #914
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

NEXT!

Quote:
Conservative MP Crispin Blunt has confirmed that he was arrested on Wednesday in connection with an allegation of rape.

In a statement, the Reigate MP said he had twice been interviewed by police "in connection with this incident".

He said he originally raised the incident with police three weeks ago over my concern about extortion".

He said he was cooperating with Surrey Police's investigation and was confident he would not be charged.

In a statement Mr Blunt, a former justice minister, said: "It has been reported that an MP was arrested yesterday [25 October] in connection with an allegation of rape. I am confirming that MP was me.

"The fact of the arrest requires a formal notification of the Speaker and then my chief whip.

"I have now been interviewed twice in connection with this incident, the first time three weeks ago, when I initially reported my concern over extortion.

"The second time was earlier this morning under caution following arrest. The arrest was unnecessary as I remain ready to cooperate fully with the investigation that I am confident will end without charge.

"I do not intend to say anything further on this matter until the police have completed their inquiries."

The Conservative Party has declined to comment. This is the latest sexual misconduct allegation to hit the party.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67233090

Old 10-26-23, 12:43 PM   #915
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat