SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-07, 01:13 PM   #496
BladeHeart
Chief

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Returning yesterday after a long absence, I have jusr re-installed SH3, patched it to 1.4b and currently downloading this impressive labour of love.

At the moment I am downloading this mod to a fresh folder that I created for the task; when I come to install it do I have to move the 5 bins, the exe file and the 23/12 hotfix to the mods folder first before running the exe?

Thanks
BladeHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-07, 01:23 PM   #497
Boris
Sea Lord

Downloads: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeHeart
Returning yesterday after a long absence, I have jusr re-installed SH3, patched it to 1.4b and currently downloading this impressive labour of love.

At the moment I am downloading this mod to a fresh folder that I created for the task; when I come to install it do I have to move the 5 bins, the exe file and the 23/12 hotfix to the mods folder first before running the exe?

Thanks
It doesn't matter where the bins and the exe are as long as they are all in one place. The installer will find your SH3 installation automatically. It will also install jsgme and put a mods folder into your SH3 directory. This is where you can put the Dec 23 patch, and enable it with JSGME.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-07, 01:31 PM   #498
BladeHeart
Chief

Thanks Boris.
Old 01-10-07, 11:10 PM   #499
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Finally got all five installments on this mod downloaded using my painfully slow dial-up connection. Installation went smoothly. Looks spectacular so far. Especially like all the new ship types. Great work on your labor of love all.

By the way is there a sexier-looking nurse mod in the works?

Torplexed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-07, 11:20 PM   #500
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

Nobody would leave port if there were hot nurses standing there, and can you imagine all the periscope zoom mods that would be requested.
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-07, 11:56 PM   #501
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Quote:
Originally Posted by d@rk51d3
Nobody would leave port if there were hot nurses standing there, and can you imagine all the periscope zoom mods that would be requested.
The solution is obvious. Take a few with you. They can distract the enemy too.

Old 01-11-07, 12:20 AM   #502
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torplexed
Quote:
Originally Posted by d@rk51d3
The solution is obvious. Take a few with you. They can distract the enemy too.

Especially if they are dressed in slinky mermaid costumes and released thourhg the torpedo tubes!

Well, regarding making the nurses looking sexier in SH3... i think we've done what we can for them. Fubar made some really good skins for them recently which are used in GWX.

Torplexed, Thank you for your kind words regarding GWX. It is really nice when a Subsim vet like yourself lets us know we did a good job. Sometimes, its really hard to see the forest for the trees.

We'll be releasing a cumulative update patch on the 31st of this month and wrapping things up with a final update in late spring... very likely a little after the release of SHIV.

Just to switch gears, I love your cartoons mate. Those relating to "you know you've been with Subsim a long time when..." just really make my day.
Thanks mate!

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 03:22 AM   #503
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

No problem Kpt Lehmann! I just draw the odd pretty picture. You guys do the arcane software surgery/sorcery I could never do. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see what you all do for Silent Hunter 4 when it's turn for re-modeling comes around.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 01-11-07, 08:01 AM   #504
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

@Torplexed

SALUTE

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 08:44 AM   #505
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
@Torplexed

SALUTE
I add my Salute as well
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 09:58 AM   #506
u48
Mate

Downloads: 1
On patrol 25 at the moment in career/GWX, and loving every minute. Just wondering for the final Spring update, will there be any new units ? Love to see a few French DDS.. ( Aigle and Adroit class ) and a Brit Heavy Cruiser or two.. ....Love the new aircraft, especially the Supermarine Walrus....( one of my favourites ) Thanks fellas you've made SH3 so much more realistic and enjoyable to play....Salute !
u48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 10:38 AM   #507
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by u48
On patrol 25 at the moment in career/GWX, and loving every minute. Just wondering for the final Spring update, will there be any new units ? Love to see a few French DDS.. ( Aigle and Adroit class ) and a Brit Heavy Cruiser or two.. ....Love the new aircraft, especially the Supermarine Walrus....( one of my favourites ) Thanks fellas you've made SH3 so much more realistic and enjoyable to play....Salute !
Trust me if the devs put in the spring update half of what they're talking about including it will be a GWXX
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-07, 04:02 PM   #508
BladeHeart
Chief

Now have this mod installed along with SHC 2.7; currently doing refresher courses as I realise how much I have forgotten. However, may I add my thanks for all the work and the quality of your creation.

Could some one please tell me if this mod has added any improved crew skins as I am currently running through the academy exercises?

Also could some one please tell me now at what range the hydrophone will pick up convoys and single ships? presumeably the sailing ships make no noise but are the screw revolutions still accurate?

I have a few other questions of a more general nature that I feel should not clutter this thread such as reminding me how to alter the quick key configuration, etc.
Those questions I'll post to the general forum.

Anyway, well done again and regards
Old 01-11-07, 05:06 PM   #509
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by u48
well Gerome is nearly finished with his Norfolk heavy cruiser so it may get in - should lead to a couple of other cruisrs from that model too hopefully
As for French ships well they join an ever increasing list of wants
Jack did model the L'Adroit a while ago but while he added a third stack it was in such a way it didnt add any smoke from it
Have had a good look at that model but needs a lot of rework doing to it
So unless someone creates any French\Polish etc DD then they cant be included lol
Cant add what we dont have

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-07, 07:43 AM   #510
u48
Mate

Downloads: 1

Theres the French Aigle and Adroit Class DDS as well as a minesweeper used in SH2.......But suppose they no use ? Ah well heres hoping.
u48 is offline   Reply With Quote