SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-12-10, 07:43 AM   #3001
furby
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

cheers will have a look now.
furby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-10, 08:03 AM   #3002
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBabouin View Post
2°/ Actually this mod only interests me for the activation of the commands from the officer bar and for the corner bars features. Couldn't there be a light version released without all the "realistic" features?
I would kill for such a mod, crew and fuel bar only mod. I tried several times to build a mod like this but I'm a complete nab with scripting :/
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-10, 08:29 AM   #3003
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
1°/ In what version did the ship's journal came out? Can't seem to understand from reading #1 post. I don't want this feature nor have the code that manages it running and would like all the stock messages appear in the bottom right corner notebook. Do I have to keep stuck with 2.5.0 or is the journal and its code toggable from the option file ?

2°/ Actually this mod only interests me for the activation of the commands from the officer bar and for the corner bars features. Couldn't there be a light version released without all the "realistic" features? I'm afraid of game performance dropdown due to all the code needed for the advanced features, as some people mentionned lag along this thread and as I can get only a 30 fps rate despite of high end hardware.
ship's journal came out in v2.9.0 I believe. The code that 'manages' it is minimal - hardly anything to cause any FPS hit at all (maybe a 0.001 change). To enable all the stock messages appearing set the max radio contact rage to 9999, set the max depth for radio messages and radio contact reports to 999, and disable radio contact reports and messages always clipped in the options file.

The 'light' version of the mod is however you setup the options in the options file.

Game performance slowdown? Not hardly. I have a tester using v3.0.0 on his laptop and have had no complaints.

Describe high end hardware. I have an AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE on an Asus Crosshair III Formula MB with 8GB ram running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Graphics processing is done with BFGTech GTX285 video card. I'm clipped to 60 FPS outside the sub due to enabling v-sync. Inside the sub it's 25-30 for the FPS. And all this is with EVERY option enabled v3.0.0 has to offer. So I hardly doubt that FPS will be a problem if a tester of mine can play it on his laptop and you have 'high end' hardware.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-10, 09:31 AM   #3004
LeBabouin
Mate

Downloads: 12

Thank you for the explanations, I'm relieved.

I use an i7 860, ASUS P7P55D mobo, 4GB Corsair RAM (the game only uses 1.8) with a GTX295 under 1920x1200 and XP, and with everything maxed or not I get a minimum 30 fps with flashing peaks to 50-60, but it never stays stuck to 60 now, as it used to before. Will have a run with and without your mod to definetly prove UI innocent
Old 06-12-10, 09:48 AM   #3005
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Thank you for the explanations, I'm relieved.

I use an i7 860, ASUS P7P55D mobo, 4GB Corsair RAM (the game only uses 1.8) with a GTX295 under 1920x1200 and XP, and with everything maxed or not I get a minimum 30 fps with flashing peaks to 50-60, but it never stays stuck to 60 now, as it used to before. Will have a run with and without your mod to definetly prove UI innocent
forgot to mention that I run at 1920 X 1200 resolution also. I have everything maxed also except for the AA (I believe it's at the half). You'll want to do your test with v3.0.0 of the mod when I release it. It's been optimized as far as code and timers go to minimize FPS hit.
Old 06-12-10, 12:33 PM   #3006
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567

Hello.

I believe I wrote about the framerates too on this thread.

It was an issue with my system configuration.

Now it's fine and game runs smooth.

i7 860
P55
8 GB 1333 MHz
HD 5870 1GB
1920x1200
Win7 64 bit

I need to sleep so I will test again tommorrow.
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-10, 01:30 PM   #3007
naights
Sparky

Downloads: 384
Uploads: 7

Hi:

No problems with my actual system:

1680x1050, All maxed (shadows medium), No AA, AF16x.

E8400- 4ghz
Asus p5q-e
4GB 1066
GTX 260
Win7 64
Win xp

Bye !!
naights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-10, 06:07 PM   #3008
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 614
Uploads: 10

Hey DarkWraith,

Congrats on your mod, it's amazing how far it's come. I'm looking forward to 3.0.0.

In the mean time, would it be possible to have an option to move the message box like in the screen shot below when using SH4 interface? The drawback would be having to keep it at minimum size but it would clear up the right side of the screen.

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-10, 06:58 PM   #3009
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by etheberge View Post
Hey DarkWraith,

Congrats on your mod, it's amazing how far it's come. I'm looking forward to 3.0.0.

In the mean time, would it be possible to have an option to move the message box like in the screen shot below when using SH4 interface? The drawback would be having to keep it at minimum size but it would clear up the right side of the screen.
I don't see why it wouldn't be able to expand up as it does now? Just make is so you can drag it.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-10, 07:04 PM   #3010
etheberge
Watch Officer

Downloads: 614
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I don't see why it wouldn't be able to expand up as it does now?
No reason, I just assumed it would need to be locked to minimized to stay within the grey orders bar.

11 War Patrols / 56 ships sunk or damaged for 212,022 tons
Zero casualties throughout the war
Scuttled on 8 May, 1945 in Sonderburg Bay, after German surrender
etheberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 01:49 PM   #3011
Mithrandir
Bosun

Downloads: 199

Hello Darkwraith,
It seems I discovered a bug in the 3.0.0 version. If you open the navigation map from outside any of attack views (periscopes or UZO) and open the TDC you can have the following problem:
when you change the Salvo/Single shooting selector you have the following error script. No problem if you do this from a map opened from a periscope or UZO view.
See below the error:

Furthermore if you change the Single/Salvo shooting from the TDC (not using the standard SH5 torp. interface) the command seems to be given twice.

Bye,
Mith
Mithrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 02:07 PM   #3012
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
Hello Darkwraith,
It seems I discovered a bug in the 3.0.0 version. If you open the navigation map from outside any of attack views (periscopes or UZO) and open the TDC you can have the following problem:
when you change the Salvo/Single shooting selector you have the following error script. No problem if you do this from a map opened from a periscope or UZO view.
See below the error:

Furthermore if you change the Single/Salvo shooting from the TDC (not using the standard SH5 torp. interface) the command seems to be given twice.

Bye,
Mith
this bug is what I've been trying to reproduce and track down the last 4 days...thanks for reporting it
Old 06-13-10, 02:22 PM   #3013
Mithrandir
Bosun

Downloads: 199

Always happy to help!

Bye,
Mith
Mithrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 02:28 PM   #3014
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Is possible to add to this mod 'a long long time expected function' - use on surface a electric motors only?

Speed value
looks good, but proposal is change the accuracy with no decimal place.

Last edited by PL_Andrev; 06-13-10 at 04:36 PM.
PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 05:58 PM   #3015
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v3.0.0 released. See post #1 for details. This is a pretty major revision as you can see from the change log:

v3.0.0 - upon start game the game will determine whether the sub's batteries need to be recharged or not and if so will initiate a recharge order. This can happen if you save a game with your sub's batteries less than 100% charged
- fixed bug of some items not monitored correctly. These items required you to have an order category or order bar selected before updating would occur. This has been corrected so that they are monitored at all times.
- Squelched the message "Battery recharged 100%, sir!" due to it displaying when batteries weren't actually fully recharged. A new message will appear when batteries are fully recharged stating "Batteries recharged"
- added some error checking code to the ship's journal import function
- added torpedo door switches to control the torpedo doors. kylania's torpedo switches are the graphics for the torp door switches (his .psd file)
- added a new user option that controls the time delay for opening the torp doors when the option of realistic torp firings is enabled. The default value of the time delay is 10.0 seconds (RealisticOpenTubeTD)
- added a new user option that controls whether the firing of the torpedoes is semi-realistic or not. When this option is enabled and you try to fire a torpedo and the torp door is not open then the door will open, a timer will start (RealisticOpenTubeTD) and once that timer has timed out (signaling the torp door is open) then the tube will fire. Default value is Enabled (RealisticTorpedoFirings)
- added a new user option that controls the time delay between the automatic switching states of items based on depth (whether surfaced or submerged). Default value is 5.0 seconds. This is mainly for heavy seas to prevent things like propulsion mode from switching back and forth due to waves (WaterLevelTD)
- added a new user option that controls the time delay for switching to standard propulsion. Default value is 300.0 seconds or 5 mins (SwitchToStdPropulsionTD)
- added a new user option that controls the time delay for switching to recharge propulsion. Default value is 300.0 seconds or 5 mins (SwitchToRechargePropulsionTD)
- made the order icons for standard propulsion mode and recharge propulsion mode non-instant. The time delays specified above apply to them now.
- order category icons and order icons that have time delays associated with them now flash continuously while the order 'is being carried out'. Once the order is complete they will change state (selected or not selected) and stop flashing
- (SH5Enhanced style) Fixed the heading/rudder dial visibility problem for the following: navigation map, attack periscope, obs periscope, UZO, crew page, Subsystems page, Weapons and sensors page, Guns page, captain's log, awards page, and ship's journal page. If the heading/rudder dial was visible before going to one of these it will remain visible (might be slight pause before it reappears on some of them though)
- changed the size of some menu items on the ship's journal add, save, edit, and add sub pages
- fixed bug of incorrect depth reported (when submerged) on entry into the ship's journal at specified time interval of JournalEntryIntervalTime
- fixed bug of ship's journal sometimes not showing the entries when you open it for the first time
- fixed the AOB and Bearing dials on the TDC to display the correct graphics. The Bearing dial lost its vernier and the AOB gained a vernier
- changed the operation of the time compression icon in the top right bar. If you're at TC 1 then it's not highlighted. If TC > 1 then it's highlighted (recommendation by Echolot)
- changed the way hotkeys are disabled in the ship's journal
- added hotkey disabling to the integrated mod otto's chalkboard
- changed the way hotkeys are disabled in the XO TDC Dialog box when entering mast height manually
- more code optimizations done
- changed the way the ship's journal writes the date time stamp for each journal entry in the file. It's now saved in military time
- added the ability to change TDC modes on the fly at each scope via buttons on the torpedo panel. Selecting a mode will activate that mode. Having no modes selected activates the NO Dials TDC mode.
- added a high precision timer class to the game. This class takes into account TC level and thus can be used for timings that involve TC level. The stock animation timers of the game do not account for TC level
- added a new user option that controls the fully raising of the attack periscope when you enter that station. It defaults to disabled - do not fully raise when entering the attack scope (AutomaticallyRaiseAttackScope)
- changed the way the nav map displays a contacts lat and long. When a new contact is detected and it's not a radio contact then it's lat and long are set to '---'. If it's a radio contact then the lat and long are set to what the message said the lat and long of the contact was. Once ANY contact gets within the user defined option GetRangeStartUpdatingContacts then it's lat and long will be continuously updated.
- added a new order category to WEPS - Determine contact speed. This provides SH3 like target speed determination. If follow target is enabled then this new icon is available else it's disabled. To use it lock onto a target, enable follow target, identify the target, take range reading, set target's AOB, the press the new icon. A new message will appear in the messagebox saying 'Determining contact speed'. After you've let it time for the period of time you wanted, click the icon again to cease timing and determine target speed. A new message will appear in the messagebox saying 'Target speed is xkts'. NOTE: the TDC speed dial and the XO TDC dialog box will not be updated with this speed measurement. You will have to input it manually as I have not been able to set them via code yet.
- Pressing the crash dive icon on the depth bar now also results in TC = 1
- Changed the operation of the 1 click crash dive function. If TeleportOnCrashDive is enabled and you are surfaced then it acts like it always has. If it is enabled and you are submerged then no teleporting will occur but the time delay will still be incurred. If it is disabled and you are surfaced then the time delay will still be incurred (to account for crew clearing topside decks and closing hatch).
- removed the order depth under keel from nav and made it an order category under nav instead
- added depth under keel and deploy decoys icons to WEPS as order categories
- changed the way the background for the officer icons behaves. If the user option to enable scrolling the officer's background isn't enalbed then if no officer is selected then the background is hidden. Once an officer is selected the background becomes visible
- the nav map now has it's own keep sub centered icon. It is located in the top left of the nav map. This allows for indepenent 'keep sub centered' operations on the TAI and the nav map.
- added a bearing overlay to the TAI map (that is centered on the sub). It's visibility is controlled by a new toggle button located in the bottom right corner of the TAI map. It uses it's own .dds file (TAIBearingOverlay.dds)
- added a bearing overlay to the nav map (that is centered on the sub). It's visibility is controlled by a new toggle button locaed in the top right corner of the Nav map. It uses it's own .dds file (NavMapBearingOverlay.dds)
- adjusted timers to make more efficient use of CPU cycles (some items didn't need to be updated every 0.06 seconds!). This should result in slight FPS again
- brought back the launched torpedo icons. When you launch a torpedo an icon will show in the center of the scope view denoting that torpedo. If you click on that torpedo then the clock will show with the time to impact denoted in red hands on the clock. Each torpedo fired gets it's own icon.
- added a new user option that controls whether the attack scope is fully lowered when you leave that station. Default value is True (AutomaticallyFullyLowerAttackScope)
- added a new user option that controls whether the obs scope is fully lowered when you leave that station. Default value is True (AutomaticallyFullyLowerObsScope)

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui