SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-10-14, 04:28 PM   #1
xPDxTV
Swabbie

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0
Default Searching for THIS nav map mod

For 2 days I have been looking for whatever silent hunter 4 mod allows you to add a chart to the nav map. This chart allows you to draw lines between time and distance to calculate speed using the ingame nav map tools. For a reference please refer to this video by White Owl on youtube at timestamp 17:00 minutes or any other time he opens his nav map. It's on the right hand side of the map and is very visible. . Matt (white owl) is no longer active on skype or youtube and i cannot contact him directly and would very much appreciate if anyone could tell me what mod this is and where i could find it.

I thank you very much in advance for your help.
xPDxTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 05:54 PM   #2
depthtok33l
Sparky

Downloads: 61

I think he's using Trigger Maru Overhauled (TMO) Get it here.
depthtok33l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 05:58 PM   #3
xPDxTV
Swabbie

"depthtok33l I think he's using Trigger Maru Overhauled (TMO) Get it here."

He is using the Real Fleet Boat mega mod pack which as i understand it is incompatible with TMO. I've searched through the list of mods but it mentions nothing about this speed chart for the nav map. Unless I am completely blind but i've triple checked it and can find nothing.
Old 04-10-14, 08:01 PM   #4
depthtok33l
Sparky

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPDxTV View Post
"depthtok33l I think he's using Trigger Maru Overhauled (TMO) Get it here."

He is using the Real Fleet Boat mega mod pack which as i understand it is incompatible with TMO. I've searched through the list of mods but it mentions nothing about this speed chart for the nav map. Unless I am completely blind but i've triple checked it and can find nothing.
Ah. I see. I thought about TMO because I have it at the moment and it has that chart in the navigation map.
depthtok33l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 09:17 PM   #5
xPDxTV
Swabbie

Quote:
Quote:
Ah. I see. I thought about TMO because I have it at the moment and it has that chart in the navigation map.
I'll have to see if there is a way to pull that mod out specificially or find a way to download it individually I am not quite ready for a difficulty bump yet. Just starting to get used to manual firing.
Old 04-10-14, 10:01 PM   #6
xPDxTV
Swabbie

I believe I have figured out what it is. I will confirm by editing this post here after testing. I believe it is called a nomograph and I have found an Imperial version to try.
Old 04-11-14, 05:14 AM   #7
xPDxTV
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPDxTV View Post
I believe I have figured out what it is. I will confirm by editing this post here after testing. I believe it is called a nomograph and I have found an Imperial version to try.
They are indeed called nomographs, however, the one i found doesn't quite fit on a 1920x1080 screen so i'll have to search for some more. Thanks for the help regardless though!
Old 04-11-14, 07:14 AM   #8
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

When you are working in Imperial units, you don't really need a nomograph.

(Distance in yards target moves in 3 minutes)/100 = speed in knots

Since the time interval is exactly three minutes, the arithmetic gets pretty straightforward.

But I play RFB 2.0 and have the nomograph on my nav chart. (Sorry, maps are what the Auto Club hands out.) And I can draw lines on it with no problem.

EDIT: I just checked. JSGME tells me that nomograph.dds is added by mod RFB 2.0. So, if you are using RFB, it should be there. Unless some other mod is removing it.

TMO, on the other hand, "No joy." But IIRC, there are mods that add it. To find them, google "sh4 nomograph".

Last edited by BigWalleye; 04-11-14 at 07:28 AM.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote