SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims > WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-12-13, 11:44 AM   #1
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadCary View Post
1] WAR SYSTEMS
What, precisely, are the defensive/offensive systems of a Seehund Type XXVIIb u-boot, hmm?
Two torpedoes G7e (no TDC)
A fixed (but 360° turnable) SRC/15 Periscope (1.3x) or later SRC/16 Periscope (1.25x, tiltable -15°, +20°)
Hydrophone (4 crystal receivers in front direction, one on each side)
Max dive depth 30m (70m)
Time to dive (at no speed) 10 seconds
Vary late boats had a radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadCary View Post
2] GRAPHICS
Will they use quasi-realtime radiosity with enlightened geometrics to approximate subsurface scattering
on seperable deferred shading while generating ambient occlusion, or not?

Vielen dank!
I won't publicly discuss any technical details of what's going on under the hood of WOTA because that's irrelevant to the end user. I consider this as company confidential.

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - upcoming mobile U-boat simulation for iOS (later Mac, PC, Linux) • subsim forumfacebook
v-i-c- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-13, 10:15 AM   #2
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

something different: work on the soundtrack for WOTA has started

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - upcoming mobile U-boat simulation for iOS (later Mac, PC, Linux) • subsim forumfacebook
Old 12-17-13, 11:30 AM   #3
Sung
Developer

Downloads: 6

Wow VIC cool!
I know thats your profession! Very nice.

For me it is to modern, but everyone had another taste.

SILENT DEPTH the submarine simulation for your mobile device
www.silentdepth.com
https://www.facebook.com/silentdepth/

Silent Depth Manual
Sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-13, 12:07 PM   #4
Julhelm
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 189

I like it. Electronic soundtracks are much more interesting than the standard hyper-serious Hollywood soundtrack.
Julhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-13, 12:20 PM   #5
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

This was my profession. I switched to the movie business 11 years ago, and since some years I work almost full-time on WOTA, except when jobs come in that I just can't refuse. The movie business is rotten to the core.

Actually I'm not doing it on my own, the score is produced with a friend who was #1 in the german charts this year (can't list his name in credits due to the usual stupid performance rights organization problems (GEMA), I've canceled my contracts with GEMA so I am free now).

Old 12-25-13, 02:33 AM   #6
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - Arcade Missions (Main Menu) <-- NAME CHANGED TO "WOTA: U96"

"WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - Arcade Missions" …Winter 2014 for iOS <-- NAME CHANGED TO "WOTA: U96"

This video just shows the start menu of the first title of the WOTA submarine simulation series: "WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - Arcade Missions". (Graphics quality of iPod touch 5 gen., iPhone 4S, iPad2)… Well, actually I think it also shows some nice mobile 3D Graphics and I really didn't thought I could even add this PostFX… but it works :-)

Does "Arcade Missions" mean "arcade mode"? No! <-- but people don't like the word arcade ;-) so I had to change it

It's a realistic U-Boat simulation for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. But instead of freely navigating during the missions of a campaign the games offers a fast arcade style campaign mode to go from battle to battle without the need to use a map and with no land at all in V1.0 - hence the name "Arcade Missions". Also it does not offer "super extra realism" like the later titles will do.
Some more details after Christmas…

Release date: this winter

Please note: The Seehund sub sim will be delayed because of this title - I've changed target of development to "Arcade Missions" already in october.

Last edited by v-i-c-; 01-10-14 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-10-14, 09:17 AM   #7
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

The name of "WOTA: Arcade Missions" was changed to "WOTA: U 96".
I urgently had to create some screenshots for someone today. So I thought I could share them. Nothing special, a lot of work in progress and a lot of tiny errors in these pictures. You can also see the unfinished U 96 which has missing parts, simple textures and still the wrong seats on the wintergarten.

Slideshow:

Old 01-11-14, 05:24 PM   #8
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

^^^

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote