Old 04-22-12, 03:55 PM   #91
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
That....would be awesome.

There's only room for one supervillain on this forum, and I've got that job locked up securely. You can still wear the cape, though.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 05:56 PM   #92
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55

Simply put, the government strives for domination, and in the process, blow trillions they dont have. ESPECIALLY in our military. Until we curb (if we ever curb) the deficit, we should return to isolationism. Our military is so grossly overpowered because of our trillions spent in the futility of being the word policeman that we've seen the debt rise over 5 trillion from one single two term president and another 5 trillion from another. WE need to stop trying to be the best in the world and instead focus on being the best we have the ability to ACTUALLY be, not borrow ourselves into something we cant afford.

Military needs to be cut immensely, taxes needs to be enforced for ALL, Illegal immigration laws need to be enforced, Corporations need to be reviewed with the utmost thoroughness and NOT be allowed to price gouge, and monopolies need to be eliminated.

The biggest threat in any free market economy is corporations getting so powerful that their collapse from dangerously catastrophic investments would take everyone affiliated with them down with it. The workers, the investors, stock players, partners, (assuming they sold goods) market price gouging.

I believe that us trying to borrow our way into being a world leader is absolutely impossible and destructive.

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 07:29 PM   #93
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29

I would agree except for the "ESPECIALLY' part....

Defense spending could be 0 and we still would be spending more than we bring in.....

To make Defense the "main" target for cuts ignores the realities of how we spend our money.

I don't have a problem with cutting defense spending - nor with stopping all the overseas conflicts (which could be done without jeopardizing our national security if we really wanted to...). But making Defense your main target just isn't going to fix things.

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 08:49 PM   #94
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHaplo View Post
I would agree except for the "ESPECIALLY' part....

Defense spending could be 0 and we still would be spending more than we bring in.....

To make Defense the "main" target for cuts ignores the realities of how we spend our money.

I don't have a problem with cutting defense spending - nor with stopping all the overseas conflicts (which could be done without jeopardizing our national security if we really wanted to...). But making Defense your main target just isn't going to fix things.
No, but it is a big source of overspending. It is a priority to stop spending trillions on being the world policeman.

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-12, 03:53 PM   #95
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

meanwhile, back on topic?

Depending on whether you choose the Democratic or Republican analysis, adopting the Buffett rule would raise between $ 5-8 Billion in 2013 or enough to fund 11 to 18 hours of government spending.

So raising taxes on the rich alone will not solve the budget problems, you have to raise taxes on everyone and cut spending.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...NzcT_blog.html
Old 04-24-12, 06:55 PM   #96
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
meanwhile, back on topic?

Depending on whether you choose the Democratic or Republican analysis, adopting the Buffett rule would raise between $ 5-8 Billion in 2013 or enough to fund 11 to 18 hours of government spending.

So raising taxes on the rich alone will not solve the budget problems, you have to raise taxes on everyone and cut spending.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...NzcT_blog.html
Also this:

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statements/2012/apr/23/rob-portman/rob-portman-says-buffett-rule-would-raise-just-eno/
Old 04-24-12, 08:41 PM   #97
soopaman2
Der Alte

Downloads: 61

I got an easy solution, but unpopular.

How about we decrease our military spending.
Stop hiring mercenaries for stuff our soldiers are capible of doing at a fraction of the cost.
Stop building planes that are so expensive and high tech, that they are unusable in mass quantities.
Stop funding Israel, Pakistan, and the UN. That includes our troops we provide. All 3 organizations dislike us, yet use us for our wealth and power.

Why do I have to pay for an Israeli tank, or an Afghani assault rifle (that will be used to shoot us 10 years from now)?

(when I catch crap about trying to own an assault rifle myself)

I bet that can free up more money for the people of the united States, who actually contribute to the efforts of bettering our nation.

We seem to want to cater to those who hate us (Food aid to n Korea, free cash for Afghans, Iraquis, Saudis. etc)

Rather than the people of the nation, most of whom pay for these international adventures with tax money.

Europe is strong, it don't need us... Withdrawl from the UN, and end all wars and occupations. Yes you too s korea, time to stand on your own after 60 years.

Japan too, we can let them have an army again, not a defense force. I do not think they will bomb Pearl Harbor or retaliate for Nagasaki or Hiroshima...

Is America first so bad?

-Winston Churchill-

The most fascinating man in the world.
soopaman2 is offline   Reply With Quote