SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-29-18, 06:16 AM   #586
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Merkel just declared she will not run for presidency of the CDU again in december 2018. She will still remain chancellor though.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-18, 06:24 AM   #587
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Merkel just declared she will not run for presidency of the CDU again in december 2018. She will still remain chancellor though.
What one wants, and what one gets, are two different things. We'll see. Maybe they have not yet shown her to the door. But surely they have handed her coat to her. The end is near. One decade too late.

For the time being, however:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46016377

With Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer being the most likely successor, another desaster-figure is being installed. From bad to bad at least, if not from bad to worse. Not really the promise of a change.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-29-18 at 06:36 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-18, 06:32 AM   #588
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
It sure read like it
I do not quite agree to the "democracy" of ancient Greece though, it is easy to have a "democracy" for a few who vote, when all the work is done by slaves who may of course not vote, and are ritually slaughtered and kept down.
The point is that this nevertheless is the original meaning and idea of "democracy". Its originally a feudal government system .
Old 10-29-18, 06:43 AM   #589
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
^ May well be, the numbers are from may 2018, but i don't think they changed much. We can take it. Not that we want to.

Much more disturbing: Election in Hesse, Germany. CDU and SPD have suffered losses, the Neonazi AfD has 12 percent and is now present in every county of Germany, with appx. 8+ percent overall. Like in the US, hate speech and anti-semitism is increasing, as is criminal behaviour among the ultra-right. Not good.
Most worrying in my estimation and predicted earlier by Sky if my memory isn't failing me.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-18, 06:45 AM   #590
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Still , in the ECB decision makings and the eU gremia, Germany has a voting weight of one - like an economic nobody like Malta has "one" as well. Its hilarious. The Germans must have lost their marbles when accepting this bollocks scheme. Its an invitation for abuse. And practically everybody seems to accept it. Serves us right.

The very point I find most offensive in being an EU member.

Old 10-29-18, 06:46 AM   #591
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
That woman has more political lives than a cat.

Old 10-29-18, 07:07 AM   #592
Skybird
Soaring

My God, Jens Spahn candidates, too, a boasting and m ost narcisstic self-promoter who has no real key competences, and is a typical party-product of the system'S personell-breeding program, including stepping the chairs of the CDU's youth-organization. He came to rise not becasue his brilliance or excellent comoetence for anythign was ntoiced, but becasue he channled at the right point of time that he is gay: and then all hearts flew to him.

His career as minister for health so far marked by bog words and half-baked compromises that do not really tackle the inherent problems there.

Monkey zoo votes for monkey alphas.

And Friedrich Merz may return as well. At least he knows finance a bit, just that he draws the wrong consequences from it and strongly propagates the aper money system and the Euro.

I predict that the AFD will beocme much, much stronger over the coming years, and maybe the Greens as well, for different reasons. The old parties seem to still not understand. Monkey zoo dreams monkey dreams.
Old 10-29-18, 07:10 AM   #593
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Most worrying in my estimation and predicted earlier by Sky if my memory isn't failing me.
CDU lost 10.9%, SPD lost 11.3%.

Its the second major debacle for them within just two weeks.
Old 10-29-18, 09:31 AM   #594
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Icon12

"Happy days will be here again in 2021"

I can hear you singing Sky.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-18, 10:01 AM   #595
Skybird
Soaring

Twenty Twenty-one...??? She still thinks she is to dictate the conditions...???

You cannot get rid of them, you just cannot. Must the moon fall on her throne before she wills to see that people do not want her anymore and certainly not for another almost three years...??

Damn bitch. Some people are too full of themselves. For flattering just one ego, the possible damage gets maximised.

I do not sing, Steed . I want to force the message with two jet engines into her ears so that she finally cannot avoid to understand what is being told to her. The message is simple: swing your fat azz off my lawn NOW!!

The next two and a half years will be the worst for Germany. Maybe there will be a party revolt. Cant get worse, so good it would be. Unfortunately the SPD gets ruled currently by another such arrogant motherpig that has its snout glued to the trough. But maybe a party revolt will overwhelm her and then end this carricature of a "coaltiion".

When the last national elections were held and the results came in, we all knew immediately that it would turn out to be a messy time, didn't we. And if the parties instead would have triumphed bck then, it would have been messy as well, due to their arrogance boosted by such a card blanche.

Its a mess.
Old 10-29-18, 01:14 PM   #596
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Twenty Twenty-one...??? She still thinks she is to dictate the conditions...???

You cannot get rid of them, you just cannot. Must the moon fall on her throne before she wills to see that people do not want her anymore and certainly not for another almost three years...??

Its a mess.
She's certainly determined to cling on until the bitter end

Old 10-30-18, 05:27 PM   #597
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
She's certainly determined to cling on until the bitter end

Now now jim, poor old Sky will be needing a bloody great big scotch making comments like that.

I'm afraid but the old saying is so true..One bastard out and another bastard in.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 10-30-18, 05:37 PM   #598
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

It's like you guys bought a time share. When you don't want it anymore you can't give it away and it still costs you money.
Old 10-30-18, 05:46 PM   #599
STEED
Lucky Jack

Icon10

Just for Sky...

Old 10-31-18, 07:01 AM   #600
Skybird
Soaring

^

News from today says that of all new platforms for the Bundeswehr that got dleivered in 2017, currently not more than 38% is operational, the rest is broken down or so uncomplete that it cannot be operated.

Three of four newly delivere deurofighters, are grounded.

Of 71 newly delivered Puma IFVs, 44 are not operational.

Of 8 so far delivered A400M, only 4 can fly with restrictions, the other 4 are grounded.

Of 7 new Tiger helcopter gunships, 5 are grounded.

Of 7 new NH90 transport helcopters, 3 are grounded.

Official goal of the BW is to have at least 70% of its platforms always ready for action.

The Germans got some apllaus for the equipment they show up with in Norway during NATO's manouver. What is less knwon is that that equipment has been borrowed from all other units of the BW across all Germany, and these units now are seriously handicapped since the equipment is missing. Not even adequate training is possible due to lacking working equipment, and in many batallions they suspended training.

"Advanced flexible equipment management system" this is called by barrack barbie von der Leyen'S ministry. An euphemism for "Mängelverwaltung", sounds like GDR-terminology.. An invention of her predecessor von Guttenberg.

Repairing these deficits, just repairing them, is called war mongering and a provocation to Russia, says the SPD and many others.