SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-22-09, 09:19 AM   #961
Rafael
Captain

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 7

In my opinion, the freecam is not necessary to add it in WAC 4.1, OK ... it is nice but not very useful ... explain me why we need to add this in WAC 4.1?

Most of the time people use TC (also when submerged); and don't forget that WAC 4.1 must be fully tested * for integrating this freecam mod.

* Must be tested with several subs, ports CTD's etc. etc.
Rafael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-09, 10:09 AM   #962
robbythesub
Captain

Downloads: 302
Uploads: 0

Yes well, obviously it is a matter of choice and opinion, but I think that being able to move around the exterior and interior of the sub makes it much more real than a fixed position.
I have played for quite some time in various conditions and years with no problems yet.
robbythesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-09, 09:17 AM   #963
limkol
XO

Downloads: 210

Really enjoying wac4.1. Good work, stunning visuals.

But what is the shouting from the crew when leaving port? One guy shouts something that starts with 'A' and the captain from Das Boot says 'ah hah' or something?

I'm just curious, sorry if it's been asked before.
limkol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-09, 10:35 AM   #964
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92

the crewman is saying Ancil contact (radar contact) and the captain is acknowledging him
(sorry for the spelling)
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-09, 03:33 PM   #965
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
2) Load a previously saved game and you will see that certain things won't work anymore. Pointers are 12 o clock to the North. Compass, hydrophone room etc. etc. This I cannot help, it is something that needs to be fixed within WAC 4.1 more you can read here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=913.

The main problem is loading a previously saved game. There is still no solution fix for it.
Hi Rafael,

This is an old issue related to the presence of AI uboats on the campaign game that are not cloned or at least not cloned well. This was one of the first bugs that the community solved since the first year of the game (2005).

IIRC, Hansolo already knows about it, probably he left behind some forgotten Ai uboat on the campaign that he not perceived. Note that this will only occur in the time that the problematic Ai uboat is used by the campaign, I mean , if it is set to appears from 1940 to 1941( for example), then the problem will only appears at this interval and so son.

Regards,

Rubini.
Old 10-23-09, 04:31 PM   #966
Rafael
Captain

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Hi Rafael,

This is an old issue related to the presence of AI uboats on the campaign game that are not cloned or at least not cloned well. This was one of the first bugs that the community solved since the first year of the game (2005).

IIRC, Hansolo already knows about it, probably he left behind some forgotten Ai uboat on the campaign that he not perceived. Note that this will only occur in the time that the problematic Ai uboat is used by the campaign, I mean , if it is set to appears from 1940 to 1941( for example), then the problem will only appears at this interval and so son.

Regards,

Rubini.
Hello Rubini,

Thanks for your explanation.

Yes I knew about the cloning, Han told me (via PM) when I tested the WAC 41beta and RC1 versions.

The 'problem' (really annoying!) was also not fixed in WAC 3.0 and 3.1.

I wonder who will fix this bug?

Greetings,

Rafael
Rafael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-09, 05:39 PM   #967
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
Hello Rubini,

Thanks for your explanation.

Yes I knew about the cloning, Han told me (via PM) when I tested the WAC 41beta and RC1 versions.

The 'problem' (really annoying!) was also not fixed in WAC 3.0 and 3.1.

I wonder who will fix this bug?

Greetings,

Rafael
Hansolo probably; he knows WAC files better than nobody for sure.

An easy way is to open the WAC campaign files and just delete all AI entries uboats inside(SCR file is enough probably).

Another way - and the better one - is to use AI uboats files (on submarine folder) from GWX or old ones from Harbour Traffic mod, just because I can asure you that these ones are ok. Just make sure that the names, class, etc are the same that are in the WAC original files

Ahoy!
Old 10-24-09, 05:26 PM   #968
Gabucino
Gunner

Downloads: 50

Greetings,

Doesn't work with Windows 7 32bit 2Gb RAM, Vista/W7 patch applied, command line parameter set, Silent Hunter vanilla 1.4b.

Mission loading crashes at 85%. Exception code c0000005 in kernel.dll.

Gabucino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-09, 06:22 PM   #969
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabucino View Post
Greetings,

Doesn't work with Windows 7 32bit 2Gb RAM, Vista/W7 patch applied, command line parameter set, Silent Hunter vanilla 1.4b.

Mission loading crashes at 85%. Exception code c0000005 in kernel.dll.

Ok all you need to is follow steps 1 to 4 when running the mod in windows 7 64bit version but here is the killer for you.
I am running Windows 7 64bit and my stats bars are telling me I am using 41% of my ram to run SH3+Wac4.1 I have installed 8gb of ram and 3311mb of ram is used. you have said that you have only 2gb this maybe a big part of the problem.
Old 10-25-09, 04:19 AM   #970
OG Hase
Mate

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 1

Even though my posts are being ignored constantly but since I don't give up that easily , I would like to ask if anyone has probs with the IX -Boats,too? ? When I start any singlemission there is no turret at all (nothing on deck) or at least no deckgun with a IX - Boat. Tried a few other classes which were working OK though - can this be another "IX" Prob which used to be in the past as far as I remember? Also I would like to ask again about the "tiny sun" prob which is still there. Does the game run OK when playing on a 16:9 TFT?
OG Hase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-09, 04:56 AM   #971
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Hase View Post
Even though my posts are being ignored constantly but since I don't give up that easily , I would like to ask if anyone has probs with the IX -Boats,too? ? When I start any singlemission there is no turret at all (nothing on deck) or at least no deckgun with a IX - Boat. Tried a few other classes which were working OK though - can this be another "IX" Prob which used to be in the past as far as I remember? Also I would like to ask again about the "tiny sun" prob which is still there. Does the game run OK when playing on a 16:9 TFT?
are you running a widescreen mod as this can do this
if not try one of the enviromental mods out there to see if it fixes it
Old 10-25-09, 08:38 AM   #972
OG Hase
Mate

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 1

No I don't use a Widescreenmod at this point - I have just switched my TFT to an Auto- 4:3 Mode since I think the game runs in 4:3 still, does it? Which is the best e.g. recommended Widescreenmod anyway? Even though I don't have a prob if it ain't "wide" but would be better of course - time for SH 5 ,huh!?
OG Hase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-09, 10:16 AM   #973
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Hase View Post
No I don't use a Widescreenmod at this point - I have just switched my TFT to an Auto- 4:3 Mode since I think the game runs in 4:3 still, does it? Which is the best e.g. recommended Widescreenmod anyway? Even though I don't have a prob if it ain't "wide" but would be better of course - time for SH 5 ,huh!?
Yes it is
Old 10-25-09, 07:59 PM   #974
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

[quote=OG Hase;1194317]I would like to ask if anyone has probs with the IX -Boats,too? ? When I start any singlemission there is no turret at all (nothing on deck) or at least no deckgun with a IX - Boat.[quote]

Which version of WAC are you using?

The tower was missing on the IXB 1944 model in WAC 3.0 and 3.1. The other years were OK.

WAC 4 correctly displays all Turms.

Last edited by Cheapskate; 10-25-09 at 08:10 PM.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-09, 05:15 AM   #975
Gabucino
Gunner

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWolf U-57 View Post
I have installed 8gb of ram and 3311mb of ram is used. you have said that you have only 2gb this maybe a big part of the problem.
That's generally not a problem in "modern" (32bit) operating systems.

Turns out I just had to reboot the box, and now WAC works (actually I also disabled DEP for sh3.exe so it could have been that). Now I'll have to manually get rid of this abysmal new GUI with its über-annoying miscellaneous popups. Seriously: why?

The crew voices are also very disappointing. One half of the sentence is shouting, and the other is in normal voice. Guess the watch crew is in total awe for seeing a fishing boat. Some of the voices are totally inaudible, and they are overall bad quality (Compared to vanilla and GWX). I also miss the 16km atmosphere.

These features really should be modular (JSGME).
Gabucino is offline   Reply With Quote