SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Jutland
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-09, 03:39 AM   #1
HS
Bosun

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default Jutland - some thoughts and questions

Well, first of all thank you for this simulation, which combines a realistic historic context and a dynamic, obviously non scripted campaign system with excellent graphics (including the often underestimated effect of good sea and sky textures!). This is indeed the game I’ve been waiting for for years and years.

Perhaps we will see some 1914 campaigns in the future? E.g. a Nothsea or even a multi-hemispheric raider campaign (SMS Emden, Dresden, Karlsruhe, suppliers Q-ships, Vice adm. Graf Spee etc.) could be interesting. No game can cover everything of course but another idea for smaller scenarios would be to have slightly more options for the gunnery system (e.g. shell types, ranging or spotted fire).

I absolutely respect your need for copy protection. But please, please and again please make sure, that the brilliant simulation will not end like the HSF in Scapaw Flow 1919 (btw, best regards from Germany ;-)), should you once cease online support for the game in the future. I’ve just visited a forum of a similar protected game, were something like this seems to take place at the moment: People with crashed PCs are unable to get a new protection code and have to play the demo version now …

One final question: Since my PC broke down a few weeks ago I`m currently online with my laptop which does not really meet Jutlands system requirements. Nevertheless I downloaded the demo version. As soon as I’m online with my new PC I will purchase the full version. Is it possible to copy the Laptop version to the new PC and then purchase the game on that basis or would you, due to technical reasons, recommend a new download, using the PC?

Regards and every success in the future
HS
HS is offline   Reply With Quote