Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-15, 12:23 PM   #11
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
That screen capture of the curtain doesn't look bad!

And as for the Developer's grant, I hope you get it! Before you apply for it, perhaps we can get some publicity for your project by way of interviews with game reviewers in which you can talk about the project and your communication with the ol' salts who used to sail the Nautilus in making it as realistic as possible.

-----

I don't particularly need anything and I don't want to de-rail your thread anymore, though it is now the most active thread in the Indie forum

I will ask Neal if I can create a thread in this forum about a non-Naval game and share a little bit of what I'm working on.
I saw your videos I didnt watch them and it looks like the gears are spinning in your head. I saw you were trying to model a old Winchester. That was one of my first ever models boy did the barrel rifling get me for a while back then. We seem to have similar intrests.

Thats the whole idea I'm having. Make the interior so amazing and use community projects (community ocean project) with my own changes and additions that I share openly. Showcase how I use UE4 features like blueprinting, matinee, and physics animation recording, how I use Blender to do all my modelling and how I strove to get details right. Get a audio interview with some of the vets is exactly what I was thinking! The whole story behind me contacting them and stuff. Get a video of me touring a museum ship taking measurments. My sister is a professional photographer/videographer and would help I'm sure (with pay). Then if Unreal granted me 2500, 5000, hell say 10k that would start to fill the pockets... right now my budget is 200-1000 Canadian dollars. So like. 3 USD

Heres my second attempt at some "cloth doors" but they were origonally around 80,000 polys so I unsubdivided them down to about 5000. Hence th euglyness. Gonna take one more crack before I leave it for another day and start work on the exterior of 571.

Trust me this thread will stay active. I plan to be #2 behind WotA. I'm dedicated to this and I have at least 1 more year of "unlimited free time" at my estimations. Although that has the side effect that I'm not banking huge amounts of money I can put towards my project. My income just pays the bills and daily life stuff. No fancy cars no million dollar houses. etc.

I really need a WORKING TITLE FOR THIS GAME. ColdWarSubSim is too generic.

Edit: 1 hour 15 minutes in photoshop and you have probably the best 571 prints available to the public (resized 6:1)

Now to seperate them into their own individual images and see how far I get today. Sundays my least productive days.

Edit: Got the blueprints all sized up and lined up in blender Side Top Front and Aft (back). Time to start what I dread: vehicle modelling. The idea is easy. It just takes FOREVER. And I have to do it twice. Once for cutscene quality (750k-1mill tris) and once for game asset quality (20-30k tris).
Funny enough the blueprints came out to near perfect scale. it made her 298' long (320 reported) and a perfect 26' wide. Unfortunatly the blueprint is a little off center from the photocopy and the bow view of off center in the drawing so I'll have to do a little bit of guess work. I might have to go buy a scale model (one of my other hobbies) for reference.

Last edited by nsomnia; 03-01-15 at 03:18 PM.
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote