SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-05, 06:14 PM   #1
SquidB
Engineer

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0
Default Some random thoughts on DWX

Hello,

Seems the forums of DW have been quiet of late, this has been put down to holiday season etc.

Ive been thinking though, is DWX awaiting the next patch or will it be designed for the current incarnation of DW?

This isnt simply a "whens it coming out request". I feel due to the postponment of the next patch, DW has stalled a little.

What we may need as a community is a new slant on things. As the many community based mods for sh3 have shown, they have kept going intrest in what is a reasonably bugged simulation. And I am sure have kept people playing it due to the new features.

This could only help create more intrest in DW,hopefully help sales and ultimatly help increase its customer base therefore increasing the chance of SCS devoting more resources to support.

Any thoughts/rants would be welcome.
SquidB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-05, 07:06 PM   #2
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Hi we are waiting for the patch but also for ludger to get DWEdit fully working so that the SCX data can be exported from the SCX dbase and imported into the DWX dbase with no errors.

Thomas did so so much work that it would take him a long time to do it all from scratch.

So I am making some new models as time permits and hopefully once the patch is out then hopefully DWX will follow soon.

So here's hoping.