SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-21-10, 09:38 AM   #1
DontBlnkBadWolf
Swabbie

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0
Default JSGME Question

Ok, to start with. I am new to this forum. I would like to say hello to all that has been here from the start. Little background: I have been playing SH since SH3. Love the mods that have been done on SH4 (FOTRS,Titan,Blackwolf, etc.)

I think I remember using JSGME before on SH3 but the 2.5v I got looks different then what I remember. What I remember is that you could launch the game directly from JSGME and that would load the mods that you have enabled. I don't see that on this version. After a few days of trying to run the game with what I was thinking that the mods are enabled from JSGME, I discovered that the mods are not loading.

Am I missing something else to do besides clicking the arrow to load the mod to the active side and then clicking on the SH4 shortcut?

I guess it has been too long since the last time I have played with mods loaded. I have had SH4 for about 2 years now. Playing without modding it. But now I would like to try different things to keep it fresh.

So with that in mind, What would also be the correct load sequence to apply the mods?

I have the following mods:
FOTRS
Titan
Campaign mode FOTRS
BlackWolf RFB (Does this mean I need RFB to get this one to work?)

Any help would be wonderful.

Oh yeah I almost forgot to ask this as well. I placed these mods in a mods folder I created in the SH$ directory....was that correct also?

Last edited by DontBlnkBadWolf; 07-21-10 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Forgot to ask another question
DontBlnkBadWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-10, 10:13 AM   #2
DontBlnkBadWolf
Swabbie

I think I found my answer in the forum search. But if you would still like to reply please do so.

Here is the thread I found:

http://www.silenthuntermods.com/foru...hp?topic=430.0
Old 07-21-10, 08:37 PM   #3
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwclarksr View Post
I think I found my answer in the forum search. But if you would still like to reply please do so.

Here is the thread I found:

http://www.silenthuntermods.com/foru...hp?topic=430.0
Sometimes the mod author will have an extra folder which will keep the mod from activating.

The right folder setup is: C://Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII/data/mods/ModName/data/a bunch of files. NOT C://Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII/mods/ModName/ModName/data/abunch of files.

If you right-click on the mod name in the mods folder and choose open, the first folder should be data. If it is not the mod will not be activated.

This is the main mistake made by most who do not install the mod correctly; Welcome aboard
Old 07-21-10, 09:46 PM   #4
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Do you have a copy of JSGME installed inside the SH4 folder? Is there a MODS folder inside the SH4 folder. If the answer to either of those is "No", then JSGME is installed to your computer but is not interacting with the game.

No, JSGME will not launch the game. SH3 Commander did that for SH3, but JSGME only installs mods, nothing else.
Old 07-21-10, 10:35 PM   #5
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwclarksr View Post
BlackWolf RFB (Does this mean I need RFB to get this one to work?)

Any help would be wonderful.
when you see any mod labeled in that way then yes it means it is designed only to work with that mod unless it specifically says otherwise (very rare)
Old 07-21-10, 11:00 PM   #6
DontBlnkBadWolf
Swabbie

TY....and I knew there was something that started the game with mods active...just forgot what it was called.

Still need to know what order I need to install the mods though....anybody out there know the correct way?
Old 07-21-10, 11:02 PM   #7
DontBlnkBadWolf
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
when you see any mod labeled in that way then yes it means it is designed only to work with that mod unless it specifically says otherwise (very rare)

TYVVVM....Ok then now I know that as well....so that leaves me down to 2 mods that I want to activate....i'm hoping the order is FOTRS...then Titan...but will try it both ways.

My fault....
I have:
FOTRS
Titan
Campaign mode FOTRS update (That was for the Titan Mod)

I will try it in that order unless someone tells me differently

Last edited by DontBlnkBadWolf; 07-21-10 at 11:05 PM. Reason: A Correction on Mods d/L