SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-30-08, 12:34 AM   #46
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Uploads: 0
Default My Issues got swollowed by others still got a problem

Ok BBW, thanks for your earlier fix, I disable the mods you suggested and installed the replacement file then went back and played a new career. Unfortunately I still seem to have a problem, though this seems more to do with geraphics, please refer below.

When attacking a convoy at night, when flares and search lights are about, I notice two things, firstly a slow down in frame rate when looking towards ships with search-lights. This never used to happen.

More worrying, some ships hulls become invisable or flash visable then invidable really fast.

If you can imagine a Black Swan tearing down on you with the masts and decks and guns all graphically fine but the hull is invisable. The ships bow wash is washing over an invisable bow, and there are a couple of propellers spinning away up where the stern should be.

I wonder if this invisable hull routine and my late, in-game crashes are connected.

As I have said before, I would love to encounter in RL the care and professionalism that I encounter on an almost daily basis here at Sub Sim

Thanks again
Rascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Done OLC
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-08, 03:59 AM   #47
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
...close JSGME & Reopen...
FYI this is not necessary. Just enable the hotfix and press F5, which will refresh the available mods list.

FWIW players would have much less hassles, and subsequent conflicts, if they realised that the hotfix patches the core game (ie GWX 2.1) files. In other words, logic would suggest that players disable ALL mods, THEN enable the hotfix FIRST (if not even apply it DIRECTLY to their game sans JSGME) and THEN enable any additional mods. Enabling a hotfix that corrects core game files over 10 odd subsequently enabled mods seems quite...stupid...to me.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-08, 07:16 AM   #48
Murr44
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 16

I think some of the confusion was caused by the fact that there were several mods included in this fix. Being confused by it isn't being stupid. Not all of us, myself included, are experts at this stuff. I'm not trying to take a swipe at BBW either. I'm grateful that he spotted these mistakes & did something about them. Yesterday I did a complete reinstall of SH III & GWX after reading this thread and learning that I'd *******ed things up by manually replacing the Late War Sensors folder that was installed by GWX with the one that came in the Bug Fix. After reading more of the thread I now know how this hotfix should be installed.
Murr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-08, 11:32 PM   #49
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Default Any ideas re strobing/flashing hulls?

Still got a prblem,
Thanks for your earlier fix, I disabled the mods you suggested and installed the replacement file then went back and played a new career.

Unfortunately I still seem to have a problem, though seems more to do with geraphics.

When attacking a convoy at night, when flares and search lights are about, I notice two things, firstly a slow down in frame rate when looking towards ships with search-lights. This never used to happen.

More worrying, some ships hulls become invisable or flash visable then invidable really fast.

If you can imagine a Black Swan tearing down on you with the masts and decks and guns all graphically fine but the hull is invisable. The ships bow wash is washing over an invisable bow, and there are a couple of propellers spinning away up where the stern should be.

I wonder if this invisable hull routine and my late, in-game crashes are connected.

Any ideas re strobing/flashing hulls? Have updated drivers still got a problem

Thanks again
Rascal

Quote:
Done OLC
Old 05-01-08, 08:50 AM   #50
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

What card and drivers are you using Rascal ?

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-08, 10:38 PM   #51
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Default Graphics glitch with flashing ships hulls

Thanks BBW sorry to be a bit insistant, I have a

Radeon X 1950 Pro with the very latest drivers donwloaded yesterday

Quote:
Old 05-02-08, 08:08 AM   #52
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101
Thanks BBW sorry to be a bit insistant, I have a

Radeon X 1950 Pro with the very latest drivers donwloaded yesterday

Quote:
No worries
Have posted this over at the Lair
Perhaps Dowly or Dan will have an idea as I am graphically challenged
lol

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 08:43 AM   #53
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Sorry, missed the post, both here and on the lair.

@ rascal101, I assume you are using the official ATI Catalyst Centre, is so, make sure the Catalyst A.I. is set at Standard, if you set it to Advanced it will display as you describe.

This is a problem at ATI's end and this issue is happening with lots of games around SH3's age.

Hope it helps.
Old 06-11-08, 12:38 PM   #54
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Isn't the Pillau terrain fix also included in this fix ?

Nevermind already, found it separatelly in MODs list
Old 06-11-08, 03:36 PM   #55
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

AOTD_Max ships plus the Schleuse mod.
what is it ? Do I need this mod ? :hmm:
Old 06-11-08, 04:16 PM   #56
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

That is some nice German ships from AOTD_Max and the fix for the two canals (Holtenau and Brunsbuttel-excuse any spelling mistakes) plus IABL's AA ships scripted and placed in harbours.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 12:34 AM   #57
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
That is some nice German ships from AOTD_Max and the fix for the two canals (Holtenau and Brunsbuttel-excuse any spelling mistakes) plus IABL's AA ships scripted and placed in harbours.
Thanks Jim. The more mods I'm using the more confusing it gets to sort which mod should be enabled first to avoid any possible conflicts.. But as far as I understood the GWX2.1 minor fix 26th April should be enabled first and then the rest of them, correct ? :hmm:
Old 06-12-08, 05:17 AM   #58
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Thanks Jim. The more mods I'm using the more confusing it gets to sort which mod should be enabled first to avoid any possible conflicts.. But as far as I understood the GWX2.1 minor fix 26th April should be enabled first and then the rest of them, correct ? :hmm:
The AOTD fix is all I use and is also an alternative to the 26th April minor fix.

To be doubly safe, engage the AOTD last because that will simply overwtite the 26th April.

The joy of JSGME is that you can swiftly change the error if there is a conflict.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08, 07:33 AM   #59
roadhogg
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Knowing how busy big boy and the team have been, and obviously still are, i was so hoping i could leave them alone for a while. . . BUT..

I got the AOTD fix and stuck it in the JSGME mods folder, and enabled it.

Trouble is that in the AOTD folder there is the data folder, a MODS folder and a Campaign Changes folder, the latter of which looks like it edits the Campaign.RND and LND.
It looks from the file compare that the data folder and MODS folder have updated (are the Late War Sensor and Lite Harbor Traffic folders updates of the originals in 2.1, or just duplicates. . . same folder sizes ?), but the Campaign Changes folder doesn't appear to have edited the new campaign files included.
To check it i went into the SH3 campaign.RND after enabling, and using the "Find" command in Wordpad i picked on " Class=LUSBremen". . . nada
Tried a few others too with no joy.
JSGME dumps the Campaign Changes folder into the main SH3 directory, and if i put the Campaign Changes folder inside the data folder it still doesn't edit the campaign.RND,LND.
So after all that, my question is, where do i put the CC folder to get it to update through JSGME?
I thought the second layer in any mod had to be named "data" in JSGME, ie: folder structure = mod name, data.
The above is for the AA ships mainly. . . i think
I'm also finding that although the readme states that madmax's units replace the stock german shipping files, i now have additionals ie: PPL and LUSBremen. Same with the other files.
Apologies to the GWX team for asking what must seem like obvious questions yet again, but the readme says that the new units are scripted into the campaign files.
This seems not to be the case so i'm doing something wrong

Just wish i could suss what it was.

Last edited by roadhogg; 07-10-08 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-10-08, 07:50 AM   #60
bert8for3
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 110

Have a look at what BBW said here when I was asking about some jsgme conflicts: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...4&postcount=12 . I'm not sure if it addresses your specific problem, but it may be of help.