SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-09, 10:59 PM   #14
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101
Hi Racer Boy Thanks for your messages and your interest to help re my smoke issues - Am pleased to say I have it soreted and now all is functioning well

Except - Something now appears to be affecting your secondary explosions - I can see them so they are bing fired - but I cant hear them - something maybe me has knocked out the sound for the secondaries - Fantastic major explosion - any chance of a step by step re getting at the sound for this mod so I can manipulate it

Would love to see you re-opend the file on this and add a few more randomised damage affects - not so worried about seeing dead bodies or guys dying in the water - later in the war most attacks are going to be at night so you never see this stuff - its the randomised affects that occur when you hit something thats what makes this game so interesting

Also I have had a thought and speaking of sound - Sound travels much slower than light often when you see footage of an explosion you see a flash but get the sound a second or two later - do you think its possible to mod for this with your affects - I think there used to be a mod for this ages ago but its gotten lost

What do you think
if you're using the effects mod of mine with GWX they also have modified the SH3.SDL file which is the master sound mixer and the particles.dsd file which defines the sounds for the effects. In effect you are missing the sounds I intended for you to hear (and you're missing all the new underwater sounds I made!). Asanovic7 is doing a great job porting it over to GWX x.xx but he doesn't know every little detail of what needs to go where and how to do it and what needs modified.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote