SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-19-10, 03:25 PM   #121
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Thanks nodlew, Yes I belive it to be fixed - as I haven't had it occur to me since removing un-needed Fully_Raise_Obs_scope_commands.
But then I didn't have the problem with the obs rising. Except when I created a new campaign and the Training mission at the start, then it started to raise itself.
But once I reloaded my save it was gone again. I think it may have been a modsoup issue due to installing while on patrol.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 07:00 PM   #122
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572
Uploads: 0

I'd like to know where that command is so I can delete it and see if it fixes the Obs. Periscope for my V1.0 while I wait for version 1.X.

Aside: Since I got promoted, I'm good-looking again. While I was a Sound Dude I had completely lost my mojo. Fat and bald. Now I'm my old self again.

edit--found the relevant line in the obs. periscope.py and removing the command to "Rise_whole_obs_periscope" has indeed corrected the problem. Hooray! Your problem is fixed sir. And now I can try out the Attack Disk and the fancy Obs. Peri. Compass.

Last edited by nodlew; 08-19-10 at 07:27 PM.
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 08:15 PM   #123
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodlew View Post
I'd like to know where that command is so I can delete it and see if it fixes the Obs. Periscope for my V1.0 while I wait for version 1.X.

Aside: Since I got promoted, I'm good-looking again. While I was a Sound Dude I had completely lost my mojo. Fat and bald. Now I'm my old self again.

edit--found the relevant line in the obs. periscope.py and removing the command to "Rise_whole_obs_periscope" has indeed corrected the problem. Hooray! Your problem is fixed sir. And now I can try out the Attack Disk and the fancy Obs. Peri. Compass.
In doing so, did it disable the "fully raise obs scope" button that reaper7 included in his latest version?

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 09:43 PM   #124
nodlew
Engineer

Default Viking

Yeah, it sure did. Though I think all the other buttons work, the thumb levers, etc. The obs. scope doesn't lower itself automatically when you exit from it, but that's a small thing. Shift Pg Down does the trick. I'm sure R7 will find a solution. The buttons themselves are nice, but unnecessary. The lever for adjustments and the the shift insert...delete/shift pg up...pg down keys for raising and lowering are sufficient if there is no work around for the bug.

Although TDW's UI has buttons that fully raise and lower the scopes without any resultant problems--so with some tinkering the issue should be correctable without abandoning the buttons.
Old 08-20-10, 10:16 AM   #125
reaper7
sim2reality

Try saving then re-enabling the fully raise scope to see if it works correctly.
In looking for the problem I placed a error message just before that line which never activated when the scope would auto raise, but would activate when the button was pressed.
So still not convienced that is the cause of the problem.
Old 08-20-10, 10:27 AM   #126
Brumete
Sailor man

Downloads: 191
Default Yes o No compatible

This mod is compatible with UI TDC_4_0_3_ThedarkWraith?
Brumete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 10:30 AM   #127
reaper7
sim2reality

Sorry Brumete, Not compatible.
Old 08-20-10, 10:34 AM   #128
Brumete
Sailor man

Downloads: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Sorry Brumete, Not compatible.
OK, I Will try your mod Thank you.
Brumete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 11:21 AM   #129
reaper7
sim2reality

If you play in lower that 1920*1080 resolutions, it may be worth waiting for my next release.
I have totally redone it to auto scale (The same way Stock UI does) rather than be 1:1 scalling at 1920*1080.

Current one if played at resolutions below 1920*1080 can get very crampped at panels and guages appear much bigger.
Old 08-20-10, 06:03 PM   #130
fly2002
Watch

Downloads: 118
Default Excellent work reaper7

I have a quick question. With the new interface
I plan on using the standimeter fix method instead of the raobf. Ok here's the question. Is it possible to imput the aob manually? The gauge on the left tdc panel won't move and the one that pops up can only be scrolled on one side of the ship. Did this make sense? I just want to use the standimeter fix for range and I want to be able to imput the sob manually. I manually put the speed in and that gauge seems to work. Thanks for the help and for your mod work.

Sincerely, Eric
fly2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-10, 06:10 PM   #131
fly2002
Watch

Trying to explain it a little better here, and typing on the iPhone is no fun
The aob gauge on the left tdc is basically inactive when I try and use it. Pressing the tdc red/green button allows me to change torpedo speed and bearing, torpedo depth but not the red/green aob gauge. I usually just eyeball the speed and aob. (I've gotten quite good) ...took a while though. Thanks again, Eric
Old 08-20-10, 07:39 PM   #132
nodlew
Engineer

Default Fly

Not to presume, but anyone could make get confused given all the dials. Are you sure you are using the right dial? It's the one labeled LAGEWINKEL. It is green on the right side, reddish on the left, and it has within it a small dial at the bottom with numbers that spin as you move the needle on the dial.

By the way--related to the fix for the Obs. Periscope by deleting the command in the .py: Actually, the buttons to raise and lower the scope still work. Don't know why I convinced myself they didn't.
Old 08-20-10, 08:52 PM   #133
fly2002
Watch

I think the one your talking about if the
Bearing indicator. You can set it manually or
Allow it to slew with your heading on the periscope.
It's red and green and the lower part of the dial is a semi circle that has numbers right? The one I'm talking about has a larger arrow pointer on the dial and I located on the top right of the left tdc panel if I remember correctly. Maybe I'm wrong here but have you been using that dial for aob? Is so where are you imputing bearing?
Old 08-20-10, 09:04 PM   #134
fly2002
Watch

Nodiew, forget my last post. I was confused
And you were right. That's the aob dial. Your right.
You set the bearing on the right tdc panel above the
Gyro gauges? And I'm assuming leave the gyro gauges alone? What about the impact angle gauge at the top of the right tdc panel? I guess an earlier mod I played used that gauge for aob. I think that is leading to my confusion. That and playing with everything in German doesn't help. Haha Eric
Old 08-21-10, 05:16 AM   #135
reaper7
sim2reality

Just to confirm that the 2 gauges at the top of both the left and right panels can only be used if carrying Fat/Lut type torpedoes.

Also dials can only be manualy used is TDC control is switced to manual, that is the red/green button in the bottom right of the left panel .