Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-18, 09:27 AM   #4711
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

When 'the Iran deal' sanctions were lifted. Iran took that new found wealth from oil exports and invested it in shiite rebel operations in Syria and Yemen.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 05-10-18, 01:26 PM   #4712
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ Next move: Russian oil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
When 'the Iran deal' sanctions were lifted. Iran took that new found wealth from oil exports and invested it in shiite rebel operations in Syria and Yemen.
So true for both of you: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...in-their-tanks
Quote:

President Donald Trump doesn’t like high oil prices. What would he think about the higher prices attracting Russian-made gasoline to the U.S. Atlantic shores?

East Coast drivers could be putting Russian gasoline into their fuel tanks without even knowing it.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 05-10-18, 01:51 PM   #4713
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

As an east coast driver myself I'll tellya. So long as the prices are reasonable I dont give a rats arse where the gas comes from.

Old 05-10-18, 04:50 PM   #4714
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

I'm skeptical of Saudi "assurances". The Saudis have been hurting when oil prices dropped or stayed level but have seen a boon when prices rise sharply and have not been shy about taking advantage in the past of prices escalations, regardless of cause. also keep in mind how they actively sought to torpedo, and actually did, the rise of shale oil and fracking production in the US by glutting the market with their oil. One thing is 'assured'; if something is in the Saudis' interests, all their other "assurances" are moot...

<O>
Old 05-10-18, 05:15 PM   #4715
vienna
Navy Seal

What's as bad as a "witch hunt"? How about a whitewash?:

Release of Thousands of Russia-Linked Facebook Ads Shows How Propaganda Sharpened --

https://www.wsj.com/articles/full-st...ned-1525960804

Quote:

The release of the ads comes weeks after Republicans on the Intelligence Committee ended their yearlong probe into Russia’s activity during the 2016 election. Their report concluded that there were no signs of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians, angering Democrats who said the investigation was far from over.

“Russian malign influence activities on Facebook were significant but they were not well-funded or large-scale operations relative to the overall scope of election-related activity on these platforms,” the GOP-authored report concluded.

“Russia sought to divide us by our race, by our country of origin, by our religion, and by our political party,” Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said in a statement about the newly released documents. “They sought to harness Americans’ very real frustrations and anger over sensitive political matters in order to influence American thinking, voting and behavior.”

Republicans on the committee didn’t respond late Wednesday to a request for comment on Democrats’ plans to release the ads, which The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday.

Yeah, I guess the GOP committee members would find it difficult to comment on their 'comprehensive' and 'through' investigation, led by Nunes The Nitwit, and how they missed the слон (Russian for elephant) in the room...

<O>
Old 05-10-18, 05:38 PM   #4716
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Russia sought to divide us by our race, by our country of origin, by our religion, and by our political party,” Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said in a statement about the newly released documents. “They sought to harness Americans’ very real frustrations and anger over sensitive political matters in order to influence American thinking, voting and behavior.”

LOL. OMG Schiff just described the very methods of our own Republican and Democratic parties

He takes the meaning of, hypocrisy blamshifting, arrogance and weasel to new levels.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-10-18 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-10-18, 05:53 PM   #4717
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Didn't Russia promise to bury us a long time ago, perhaps Khrushchev said that?

Quote:
Nikita Sergeyevich Khrushchev (15 April 1894 – 11 September 1971) was a Soviet statesman who led the Soviet Union during part of the Cold War as the First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union from 1953 to 1964, and as Chairman of the Council of Ministers, or Premier, from 1958 to 1964. Khrushchev was responsible for the de-Stalinization of the Soviet Union, for backing the progress of the early Soviet space program, and for several relatively liberal reforms in areas of domestic policy. Khrushchev's party colleagues removed him from power in 1964
Russia has gone from a cold war to a bold war ... they are now the enemy within
or achievement

Old 05-10-18, 07:06 PM   #4718
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Russia sought to divide us by our race, by our country of origin, by our religion, and by our political party,” Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said in a statement about the newly released documents. “They sought to harness Americans’ very real frustrations and anger over sensitive political matters in order to influence American thinking, voting and behavior.”

LOL. OMG Schiff just described the very methods of our own Republican and Democratic parties

He takes the meaning of, hypocrisy blamshifting, arrogance and weasel to new levels.

So, basically, you're saying if US political parties engage in certain underhanded activities, you find it perfectly alright, are perfectly content with foreign powers,hostile foreign powers being allowed to engage in the the subversion, perversion, and erosion of the US government and principles? Say, you haven't been getting some rubles sent your way from your friends in Putinland, by any chance?...

You take "the meaning of, hypocrisy blamshifting, arrogance and weasel to new levels."...

...very low levels...

<O>
Old 05-10-18, 07:43 PM   #4719
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Putting words in my mouth isnt much of an arguement. I never said it was alright for anyone to do such things.

What I did say is those who, in this case happens to Schiff complain about someone doing to him what he does to them AND his own people is an arrogant, hypocrite, weasel, and blameshifter.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-10-18 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-10-18, 07:44 PM   #4720
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:

The Republicans are certainly no angels but the Dems have taken it to new levels:

Quote:
Under the Obama administration’s watch, the Internal Revenue Service and other federal agencies from the BATF to the NLRB were illegally used to target and harass the president’s political enemies. The IRS targeting scandal was the most high-profile of these, but others are just as worrisome. Federal investigations and congressional oversight were obstructed, and investigators were lied to outright — a serious crime. The administration protected the wrongdoers and saw to it that they retired with generous federal pensions rather than serving federal sentences for their crimes.

The Obama administration oversaw the illegal sale of arms to Mexican traffickers for purposes that to this date have not been adequately explained, and those guns have been used to murder American law-enforcement officers.

President Obama’s secretary of state was involved in a high-profile case in which she improperly set up a private e-mail system to evade ordinary governmental oversight; she and her associates routinely misled investigators, obstructed investigations, and hid or destroyed evidence.

These are all serious crimes.

The Obama administration made ransom payments to the Iranian government and lied about having done so.

Under the Obama administration, the Secret Service has been a one-agency scandal factory, from drunk agents driving their cars into White House barriers to getting mixed up with hookers in Cartagena.

Under the guise of developing “green” energy projects, the Obama administration shunted money to politically connected cronies at Solyndra and elsewhere.

Obama’s men at the Veterans Administration oversaw a system in which our servicemen lost their lives to bureaucratic incompetence and medical neglect, and then falsified records to cover it up.

Under the flimsiest of national-security pretexts, the Obama administration used the Department of Justice to spy on Fox News reporter James Rosen. It also spied on the Associated Press.

The Obama administration’s attorney general, Eric Holder, left office while being held in contempt of Congress for inhibiting the investigation of other Obama administration scandals.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/...-sex-scandals/

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 05-10-18, 08:23 PM   #4721
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Putting words in my mouth isnt much of an arguement. I never said it was alright for anyone to do such things.

What I did say is those who, in this case happens to Schiff complain about someone doing to him what he does to them AND his own people is an arrogant, hypocrite, weasel, and blameshifter.
Perhaps, but are the facts he has exposed actually wrong and the criminality of the actions of those who facilitated Russian efforts not criminal just because Schiff, in your view, is corrupt himself? I ask this because the Trumpers demand the rest of the US accept as Holy Writ the utterances and actions of a person, Trump, who has a very long record of lying, fraud, deceit, dodging personal responsibility, falsely defaming others and a whole range of other transgressions moral people would find repugnant. Now that you have expressed your moral repugnance of Schiif and your evaluation of his actions, the rest of us in the counrty can now be confident that we can justifiably consider Trump an "arrogant, hypocrite, weasel, and blameshifter" Why, whaddya know, the very description/definition you have given fits Donny to a "T"...

<O>
Old 05-10-18, 08:43 PM   #4722
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Perhaps, but are the facts he has exposed actually wrong and the criminality of the actions of those who facilitated Russian efforts not criminal just because Schiff, in your view, is corrupt himself? I ask this because the Trumpers demand the rest of the US accept as Holy Writ the utterances and actions of a person, Trump, who has a very long record of lying, fraud, deceit, dodging personal responsibility, falsely defaming others and a whole range of other transgressions moral people would find repugnant. Now that you have expressed your moral repugnance of Schiif and your evaluation of his actions, the rest of us in the counrty can now be confident that we can justifiably consider Trump an "arrogant, hypocrite, weasel, and blameshifter" Why, whaddya know, the very description/definition you have given fits Donny to a "T"...

<O>
Ok you win a cookie. I'll give ya this though you're about as predictable as they come. bye bye

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-10-18 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-11-18, 08:44 AM   #4723
Iceman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Welcome back iceman ... long time no see
Hey thank you.... is home port been out on long range patrol...jk but always have loved this site for the wealth of information in regards to Submarines...and the great awesome "General" category...this section is better than any news networks combined having all you great people here...Good to see all of you still alive and kicking as well ...what a topic huh...? Trump was the lesser of two evils at the time I admit I voted for him as I could not bring myself to vote Hillary with all her debacles...I must say he, Trump, is an unbridled wild one...he certainly proves the saying, The tongue is an unruly evil that no man can tame...he encapsulates that proverb. I do like the upset of the status quo in American politics he has caused. Change I believe is good sometimes very painful but good no matter the initial cause of it...anyways I'll be around gents.

Old 05-11-18, 09:48 AM   #4724
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Trump was the lesser of two evils at the time I admit I voted for him as I could not bring myself to vote Hillary with all her debacles...I must say he, Trump, is an unbridled wild one...he certainly proves the saying, The tongue is an unruly evil that no man can tame...he encapsulates that proverb. I do like the upset of the status quo in American politics he has caused. Change I believe is good sometimes very painful but good no matter the initial cause of it...anyways I'll be around gents.

Key words: "Trump was the lesser of the two evils" The next national election will be an even bigger circus than the last one ...

Glad your back and "I'll be around gents" thanks for the warning.
or achievement

Old 05-11-18, 03:30 PM   #4725
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter