SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-30-07, 03:45 PM   #46
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

File 2 of 3

http://files.filefront.com/Sh3Gen_v0.../fileinfo.html

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 03:53 PM   #47
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

File 3 of 3 Good luck people, fingers crossed
http://files.filefront.com/TatukGIS_.../fileinfo.html

Old 03-30-07, 05:06 PM   #48
Meridian
Frogman

Downloads: 625
Uploads: 0

Thanks Jim, downloading now. What's the DotnetFX file? thats one I didn't see on the files to download list.

OK just installed only the Viewer in your link and it works. The version I downloaded from Tatukgis was "TatukGIS_VWR_1_8_5_340.exe"

Problem fixed, thanks Jim.

AORUS Z390 Ultra, Intel Core i5 8600K, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4096mb, 64.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4, Soundblaster Z.
Meridian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-07, 07:34 PM   #49
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Pleased to hear it

Old 03-31-07, 02:36 AM   #50
Genferret
Loader

Downloads: 36

Thank you good sir. It appears the newer version of Tatuk doesn't work with the map generated by SH3 Gen. However, the older version which you put up for us works like a champ.
Genferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-07, 05:10 AM   #51
Tazzie
Helmsman

Downloads: 5

Thanks Jim

The older version works like a charm with no problems.
\"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place.\" - Douglas Adams
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-07, 05:39 AM   #52
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Glad your sorted guys better to have an older version that is working (I just haven't had the time to upgrade mine) than a newer version that's giving you problems Good Hunting

@Meridian....I've just had a thought matey....you said you hadn't seen DotNET in the original download instructions....you definitely need that to install the programme, so I'm wondering if that was your specific problem :hmm:

I'm sure GE will be along to help you all when time/RL permits

Best Wishes
jimbuna

Old 03-31-07, 06:16 AM   #53
Meridian
Frogman

Downloads: 625

No m8, I realised what it was when I went to install it, DotNET 2. I thought it was an update to DotNET. When I went to install it and realised it was DotNET 2 I cancelled the install as I already have it.

Its definitely a viewer problem, just doesn't like the newer version.

It's working great now with the older version you posted, thanks again.

AORUS Z390 Ultra, Intel Core i5 8600K, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4096mb, 64.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4, Soundblaster Z.
Meridian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-07, 06:19 AM   #54
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Okay matey...no prob

Old 03-31-07, 06:24 AM   #55
Genferret
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Glad your sorted guys better to have an older version that is working (I just haven't had the time to upgrade mine) than a newer version that's giving you problems Good Hunting

@Meridian....I've just had a thought matey....you said you hadn't seen DotNET in the original download instructions....you definitely need that to install the programme, so I'm wondering if that was your specific problem :hmm:

I'm sure GE will be along to help you all when time/RL permits

Best Wishes
jimbuna
Yeah, just for clarification purposes I only downloaded the TatukGIS program you linked. It's an older version from the one that they currently have on their website for download.

I'm still using the version of SH3Gen Tracker Room that GlobalExplorer put out, and I already had .NET installed and up to date (necessary these days really with so many mods I get for games making use of it).

So whatever Tatuk did to their program with the last update broke the terrain import from SH3Gen.

Now if I could only figure out why I get insta-killed anytime I load up a saved game during a patrol.

Don't think that's mod related from searching these forums, think it's a SH3 issue with being too close to ships or something.
Old 03-31-07, 02:50 PM   #56
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

Ok here I am. I see the origin of the problem has already been established - which is the viewer version. Thanks, as this will make it much easier to offer a solution.

I will download the new version tomorrow and have a look at the problem. Should not be difficult to fix, I only hope it is not something that has to be done with every new version of the viewer. Unfortunately I am also a bit busy atm.

Even if you click on the legend and add->Layer and browse to the terrain.gml file, it won't load right? Then there must either be a change in the TTKGP file structure (which is a text file containing all the project information) or in TatukGIS's GML reader. There are several solutions in my mind, one would be to switch to ESRI shapefiles, because they are more standard than GML.

For the time being, please use the link to the older version, and post any alternative mirrors .. the old version was fine. I will also check if I it is legally ok to offer the viewer permanently for download on my site - I think it is - and might do the same.

Somebody should have simply sent me an email instead of lamenting my absence - its not like I dont care

Sorry for the inconvenience but this kind of thing I could not foresee.

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-07, 02:59 PM   #57
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

A gosh what a new ridiculous avatar

Old 03-31-07, 03:10 PM   #58
Genferret
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
Ok here I am. I see the origin of the problem has already been established - which is the viewer version. Thanks, as this will make it much easier to offer a solution.

I will download the new version tomorrow and have a look at the problem. Should not be difficult to fix, I only hope it is not something that has to be done with every new version of the viewer. Unfortunately I am also a bit busy atm.

Even if you click on the legend and add->Layer and browse to the terrain.gml file, it won't load right? Then there must either be a change in the TTKGP file structure (which is a text file containing all the project information) or in TatukGIS's GML reader. There are several solutions in my mind, one would be to switch to ESRI shapefiles, because they are more standard than GML.

For the time being, please use the link to the older version, and post any alternative mirrors .. the old version was fine. I will also check if I it is legally ok to offer the viewer permanently for download on my site - I think it is - and might do the same.

Somebody should have simply sent me an email instead of lamenting my absence - its not like I dont care

Sorry for the inconvenience but this kind of thing I could not foresee.
Tried adding the terrain.gml file through both the add->layer option as well as dragging and dropping into TatukGIS. Neither worked. Naturally before all that I tried to check and uncheck the box next to it in the legend, but that didn't work either.

Like I said, old version of their program works like a champ, so SH3Gen is doing it's job properly, they changed something.

As a side note: Going on patrol number 3 with the tracking room running on my 2nd monitor. Even using it just for the subnets and mine locations in Axis ports alone makes it worth it to me. Definitely found that something I needed on the other screen while traveling long distances.
Old 03-31-07, 04:17 PM   #59
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Welcome back GE....I'm away back to my bunker

Old 04-01-07, 05:27 AM   #60
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Welcome back GE....I'm away back to my bunker
Thanks a lot for holding the line for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genferret
Tried adding the terrain.gml file through both the add->layer option as well as dragging and dropping into TatukGIS. Neither worked. Naturally before all that I tried to check and uncheck the box next to it in the legend, but that didn't work either.

Like I said, old version of their program works like a champ, so SH3Gen is doing it's job properly, they changed something.
Pretty certain now the new version chokes with the format of my terrain.gml, which is a very complex file I have created from satellite data . So I will have to export it into a different format, create a new template viewer project, and make some minimal changes to the engine. Not a lot of work when I am at it, but right now I am busy with work, my coming move back to Berlin, and an application for a masters course.

On top of it, there is also nice spring weather in Germany, and I got back into playing games (in contrast to tinkering)

The temporary, perfectly working solution for now will be to use the old version - which is working fine. In the next days I will make some changes to my website and documentation and offer the correct TatukGIS version for download on my site, or I might include it in the download.

For now use the link offered by jimbuna a bit further up in the thread.

http://files.filefront.com/TatukGIS_VWR_1_8_5_340exe/;7082276;/fileinfo.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genferret
As a side note: Going on patrol number 3 with the tracking room running on my 2nd monitor. Even using it just for the subnets and mine locations in Axis ports alone makes it worth it to me. Definitely found that something I needed on the other screen while traveling long distances.
I am glad you are using the concept to its full potential - keep me updated on your experiences as this will probably not be the last GIS application I write for a computer game ..

As much as I thought it could be a future trend for wargames / mitlitary simulation, I still want to find out if players are ready for it. From what I see atm you are slowly, but steadily realizing the potential - or thats what I hope .. It would also be interesting to know how many of you have used a GIS software before, certainly not many ..