SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-08-12, 12:39 PM   #1411
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

I've been using the compact edition along with the retreat, mainly because ive been trying to play the game, without ever starting the main storyline. Once i got out of helgen, i just high tailed it and didn't talk to Gerder or the blacksmith in Riverwood. If you do attempt to play this way, its better to escape with Ralof, because otherwise, the blacksmith in riverwood goes into his house to talk to Hadvar, and doesn't come out again until you initiate the quest, so you lose a vendor.

Great way to play if you want to be the dragonborn and not have dragons dropping on your head every time you travel somewhere. You make your own path, not the one the main storyline lays out for you.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-12, 02:02 PM   #1412
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
I've been using the compact edition along with the retreat, mainly because ive been trying to play the game, without ever starting the main storyline. Once i got out of helgen, i just high tailed it and didn't talk to Gerder or the blacksmith in Riverwood. If you do attempt to play this way, its better to escape with Ralof, because otherwise, the blacksmith in riverwood goes into his house to talk to Hadvar, and doesn't come out again until you initiate the quest, so you lose a vendor.

Great way to play if you want to be the dragonborn and not have dragons dropping on your head every time you travel somewhere. You make your own path, not the one the main storyline lays out for you.
Yeah, kinda wished I'd done that. But I was worried that if I escaped with Ralof I wouldn't get to talk to the smith in Riverwood at all, didn't think about it working out the other way instead.

As it is I escaped with Hadvar (altho I did go with Ralof in one aborted restart) because I figured I'd probably join the Legion this time if I get around to the Civil War stuff. Want to do the truce negotiations, though, and may wait until after that's over... but then that means getting pretty far along in the Main Quest first, so I dunno.

Anyway I ended up in Whiterun talking to the Jarl, and I did head off to Riften and start the Thieves Guild quests before returning, but like an idiot I went back there and turned over the Dragonstone which jumpstarted the dragon stuff. So now I've got dragons to deal with and I'M NOT READY with this character.

Actually got killed by one trying to cross that ugly patch of Eastmarch with all the hot springs and and stuff, to get to Witchmist Grove cuz I kept getting cornered by whatshisname in the Bannered Mare since I was staying there while trying to do jobs out of Whiterun to pick up coin and loot. And I figured, why not. But trying to cross instead of going around was stupid, because there's a dragon lair or whatever right in the middle and he came out, don't know if he was going after the giant camp or just flying big circles around his territory but he spotted us pretty quick and there really is no place to hide out there and I ran out of Resist Fire and Restore Health and down I went.

Went all the way around the second time and still had to creepy crawl up to the hag's shack because I could hear the dragon roaring and actually see him flying circles around his little mountaintop off in the distance through the trees. Maybe he does that all the time until you kill him but I know I cleared that spot last time and I don't remember him being out and about beforehand. Maybe I was just lucky. Anyway I thought the commotion we caused might get his attention but fortunately, no. And I kept hoping maybe he was attacking the giants because then I could circle back around and see if they killed him which would be fantastic, but no such luck there. He just kept hollering until we were out of earshot and I was looking over my shoulder all the way to Windhelm.

I really have to get over being a nice person with this character. I only went to Whiterun because the guy in Riverwood was so kind and he asked me to and, yeah, seems harsh not to inform the dude in charge that there's a dragon on the loose. But the whole sneak thief thing really goes against the grain, what is "best" for this character is out of character for me personally and I keep forgetting that.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 07:27 PM   #1413
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5

If this don't surprise you, then nothing will:
Old 03-09-12, 10:25 PM   #1414
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

What.. What the heck did I just watch
Old 03-09-12, 10:32 PM   #1415
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

How in the hell... I don't even...

I see you're WTF video and counter it with this one:

Credit's go to Task Force for showing it to me in the first place.
Old 03-09-12, 10:43 PM   #1416
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Check out the latest anime "armor" by some dude who calls himself "Hentai" (That word should be a big clue).

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11871

What is it with these people? What that looks like to me? Looking at the face.. its a child, with Bat ears, wearing lingerie, cause that's hardly armor. A pedophiles dream come true?

Gods, how i hate anime.
That's a rather broad generalization you have going there. Save for the person's name of Hentai, this has nothing to do with anime, and that's even debatable. Technically Hentai mean's sexual perversion(which is what this is), or pervert/weirdo(which is a pretty good sum of the artist in question.)

While a lot of self claimed Otaku's like, say and do some crazy stuff, you are stereotyping something.

As for the ears, I believe the person in question was trying to achieve elf ears .
Old 03-10-12, 05:37 AM   #1417
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike88 View Post
I see you're WTF video and counter it with this one:

Credit's go to Task Force for showing it to me in the first place.
*Pat!*

...brain reboots...

Yah, seeying his other videos it's pretty much the weirdest thing I've seen done in Skyrim.

HunterICX
Old 03-10-12, 12:32 PM   #1418
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
*Pat!*

...brain reboots...

Yah, seeying his other videos it's pretty much the weirdest thing I've seen done in Skyrim.

HunterICX

I believe large amounts of LSD are involved.

If you watch his Warhammer: Space Marine videos, he turns the orks into terrorists.
Old 03-10-12, 06:55 PM   #1419
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Stupid bugs - I made a long journey from Riften to Windhelm to Winterhold to Solitude to Markarth and then planning to go to Whiterun. When I reached the Western watchtower of Whiterun, the guards spotted me - and attacked me. I wonder why, I had committed no crimes and no accidental killings of "false targets". I could have killed them all easily, but instead, not wanting to raise my bounty, ran away, with the guards in pursuit. After a longer while I managed to get them getting into a rumble with some magicans, who finally grilled them. I returned at whiterun, but having become cautious, I bypassed it, ran offroad, and headed for Riverwood. There everybody started yelling and attacking me again. I ran away, at Helgen and finally managed to get rid of them when dropping into the dungeon that I had left in the very beginning during the escape from Helgen. I returned to Riften, where everybody was peaceful. But when having slept in my home there (I'm married with the trader's sister from Riverwood, and live in Rifton with her now), in the morning the door bursts open and the blacksmith from Riverwood jumpom sinto the room and stars to hammer at me with a warhammer before my housecarl finally killed him. Short time later, the elve archer from Riverwood stands in the room and star´ts shooting at me, before my housecarl jkilled him. Next came the trader from Riverwood, and got finishged by my housecarl. Next three peoplke from the taverns and the mill, who all got fed by my housecarl (she's an very angry girl, you know).

The whole damn village of Riverwood seems to pursue me throughout Skyrim and tries to kill me. By now I must have buried the better part of the full population there. And it seems they still keep coming!?

Why do people have no love for me anymore?
Old 03-10-12, 08:26 PM   #1420
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The whole damn village of Riverwood seems to pursue me throughout Skyrim and tries to kill me. By now I must have buried the better part of the full population there. And it seems they still keep coming!?

A cursed village that one. I have exactly the same problem at the moment, and since I didn't want to eliminate everyone in the village I'm also taking shelter in Riften. We'll see when the angry mob reaches me. They're not as bad as the Thalmor patrols though. Imho the Talmor are arrogant sobs anyway, but usually peaceful. Mention Talos, and suddenly they're all coming for you with their swords out. After a few such encounters I've just started killing every Thalmor I come across.
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 09:25 PM   #1421
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincuan View Post

A cursed village that one. I have exactly the same problem at the moment, and since I didn't want to eliminate everyone in the village I'm also taking shelter in Riften. We'll see when the angry mob reaches me. They're not as bad as the Thalmor patrols though. Imho the Talmor are arrogant sobs anyway, but usually peaceful. Mention Talos, and suddenly they're all coming for you with their swords out. After a few such encounters I've just started killing every Thalmor I come across.
Same, I usually cast frenzy into their midst and then kill any survivors
Old 03-11-12, 10:27 PM   #1422
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Well I finally sent Golldir on his merry way (I let him keep his fancy enchanted Dwemer and Elven weapons what I made for him cuz I'm a nice boss, even if I do rob and kill people for a living) after several fatal (to me) attempts to kill a dragon that was harrassing the Rift. I've spent so much time running jobs for the Thieves Guild and now the Dark Brotherhood that I haven't really had time to do anything else, including find Word Walls and kill more dragons except for the one at Kyne's Grove and that's totally scripted and kind of a gimme because you've got a lot of help around like with the first one in Whiterun.

So anyway when I joined the DB I got the first word of Marked For Death but - no dragon soul to unlock it with, so I went ahead and met up with Delphine to see Alduin do his stuff and have some Dovah Soul for dinner. (HA! I see what I did there.)

Then I got a couple more words to unlock but... no souls. I've got some decent Elven armor and weapons now to wear when I'm not in pure sneak thief/assassin mode, and not doing too shabby with the melee combat when it's required. We hear word from the local guards that there's a dragon on the loose in the Rift so we go to check it out and it becomes painfully clear that I still don't have anything that can actually ground one of the beasties, nor can I hope for a melee-based fighter to do all the work if and when I do because generally it comes after me instead since I'm the one who just shouted at it or initiated the attack. I died. So. Many. Times. Finally I just gave up and reloaded the last save before we left Riften, and took Golldir's pretty pretty Orcish armor and said see ya when I see ya bro. Then I hied meself to the ol' Bee 'n' Barb and hired Marcurio for a little ranged destruction magic action.

Went back to the place of my multiple recent demises and it was still a close fight (Elder Dragon, ugh) but we got the SOB on the first try. We're partway through Dead Men's Respite now and he's crouching behind me in the Orchish armor with blood splattered all over him, surrounded by the soft glow of some protective spell with sparks flying off his fingers, complaining about having to carry my stuff. And that's when I realize just how much I've missed him.
Old 03-12-12, 09:15 AM   #1423
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Maybe I need to rethink joining the Stormcloaks as my current character.

And then try out that Ulfric marriage/follower mod.

Because... um... it would be really funny to make him marry a Dunmer? Yeah, that's totally the reason...

I'll... uh... er... I... oh WTH.

I'll be in my bunk.
Old 03-12-12, 01:50 PM   #1424
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105

Michael Kirkbride posting in-character as dragons:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/135...ar-documented/

Elder Scrolls lore! LET THE NERDERY COMMENCE!

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 02:19 PM   #1425
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post

So anyway when I joined the DB I got the first word of Marked For Death but - no dragon soul to unlock it with, so I went ahead and met up with Delphine to see Alduin do his stuff and have some Dovah Soul for dinner. (HA! I see what I did there.)