SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-01-09, 03:28 AM   #61
Silverwolf
Officer

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 View Post
great students act alike
Exactly man

------------------
Just thought I'd post this before I go to sleep. Fell asleep testing her so that's usually a good reason to stop. I replaced the Mk27 torpedo with this guy, and of course changed a few things around.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...003822_589.jpg
Silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 07:54 AM   #62
U-46 Commander
Lieutenant

Downloads: 41

Thats a great looking torpedo!

"Loved By Few, Hated By Many, Respected By All."-The U-boats.
U-46 Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 07:55 PM   #63
Silverwolf
Officer

Got 1 ready for campaign. Played a little of it and she works like a charm. Now to do the other two.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...harkcareer.jpg
Old 08-01-09, 08:54 PM   #64
FADM Gryphon
Lieutenant

Downloads: 97
Uploads: 1

Okay I've been bit my the modding bug but I need to know what programs to start with. And yes I am aware 3d modeling is not easy but I look forward to this new challenge to learn something new.

Home of the Unorthodox Naval Shipyard
FADM Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 09:07 PM   #65
The Fishlord
Planesman

Downloads: 119

Neato!

The fun thing is, I can just picture this as the next James Bond movie's villain lair. A Captain Nemo gone rogue, if you will - hiding in the Pacific with his technologicallly advanced sub, stealing supplies and hostages from passing ships. Attempting to influence the outside world by being the ally of anyone with enough money and the right mission.

Looks fun, I can't wait to try this out
The Fishlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 10:53 PM   #66
Saturnalia
Mate

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwolf View Post
The weapons are split up into three versions. The regular shark will have just the single deck gun for top side defense. The Shark X1 will have twin deck guns and twin gatling guns for top side defense. The Shark X2 will have everything from the X1 plus the mini Sam site launcher.
The what now?

Edit:
After viewing the video, I am very impressed. What are the stats on all these guns?

Last edited by Saturnalia; 08-01-09 at 11:06 PM.
Saturnalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-09, 01:21 PM   #67
Royale-Adio
Officer

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 5

Looks good!
Old 08-03-09, 12:30 AM   #68
Silverwolf
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnalia View Post
The what now?

Edit:
After viewing the video, I am very impressed. What are the stats on all these guns?
The main deck gun which has twin barrels, holds 300 rounds of ammo per shell type, AA, HE, and AP. You'll get a max of 100 hit point damage from the HE shells, 80 from the AP and 25 from the AA.

The gatling gun you get a max of 3000 rounds per shell of type AP and HE. You'll get a max damage rate of 60 hp for the HE and 50 for the AP.

The Sam Site or better known as Surface to Air Missile launcher. Which in this case has been adapted to water use and short range missiles. These suckers do a whopping 1000 hit points of damage. Capable of sinking a merchant in two good hits to the bow or stern. Sometimes one will do depending on size. One direct hit will sink most small war ships. I was able to sink the Yamato with four of these. Only downside, you have 18 rockets and that's it. Nine loaded and nine reserve. I wouldn't let your AI man this gun if you want a direct hit just about every time.

---------------------------------------
Looks like career mode is done for the Shark
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...arkcareer2.jpg

Last edited by Silverwolf; 08-03-09 at 01:39 AM.
Old 08-03-09, 02:48 AM   #69
Saturnalia
Mate

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwolf View Post
The main deck gun which has twin barrels, holds 300 rounds of ammo per shell type, AA, HE, and AP. You'll get a max of 100 hit point damage from the HE shells, 80 from the AP and 25 from the AA.

The gatling gun you get a max of 3000 rounds per shell of type AP and HE. You'll get a max damage rate of 60 hp for the HE and 50 for the AP.

The Sam Site or better known as Surface to Air Missile launcher. Which in this case has been adapted to water use and short range missiles. These suckers do a whopping 1000 hit points of damage. Capable of sinking a merchant in two good hits to the bow or stern. Sometimes one will do depending on size. One direct hit will sink most small war ships. I was able to sink the Yamato with four of these. Only downside, you have 18 rockets and that's it. Nine loaded and nine reserve. I wouldn't let your AI man this gun if you want a direct hit just about every time.

---------------------------------------
Looks like career mode is done for the Shark
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...arkcareer2.jpg
Would you happen to know offhand how these values compare with the 3/4/5 inch guns? Regarding career mode, will it be be possible to somehow hack it to work with the megamods?
Saturnalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 02:48 AM   #70
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

methinks a short range rocket launcher is a little better that SAM...hehe.
maybe adapt a deck gun into a TOW missile launcher...or a recoillless rifle?

I don't know, but that is one helluva boat you got there SW!
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 04:15 AM   #71
hyungjan
Swabbie

Downloads: 126

I was silently monitoring your exellent work from the beginning and I am so happy to hear that ur sub will be eqipped with water to air rockets.

I was really impressed with missile rising from water and flies to enemy ship in playing ohio class sub.

Keep up the great work of yours!!!

ps. will these rockets work fine in auto tarketing system? Coz ohio class TASM seemed to have some targeting troubles. maybe 550 knots is too fast for game to calculate??

Last edited by hyungjan; 08-03-09 at 09:42 AM.
hyungjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 09:11 AM   #72
Sophont
Seaman

Downloads: 6

As far as I'm aware, they aren't like the ones in the Ohio mod. This is like a deck-gun that fires missiles, right?
Sophont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 09:38 AM   #73
hyungjan
Swabbie

Downloads: 126

SOPHONT, thanks. u r right.

I misunderstood TheShark's sam site [i just watched the video #57 post]. So it is not water to air missile.. little disappointing fact for me.

Now I am playing a career mode with LA class SNN 688 nuke sub made by ETR3(SS). Amazing sub it is. I think u may add few good things from this LA sub, such as TASM [water to air missiles, must have weapons in real nuke subs], most advanced MK47[ADCAP] torpedoes and switching engine system[nuke powered to/from EPM, electric powered]

Plus, I may presume that ur great sub would be best with FOTRS. FOTRS's mad air strikes vs. NSS shark's great surface weapons

I am looking forward to playing ur great sub soon.
hyungjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 05:56 PM   #74
Silverwolf
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyungjan View Post
SOPHONT, thanks. u r right.

I misunderstood TheShark's sam site [i just watched the video #57 post]. So it is not water to air missile.. little disappointing fact for me.

Now I am playing a career mode with LA class SNN 688 nuke sub made by ETR3(SS). Amazing sub it is. I think u may add few good things from this LA sub, such as TASM [water to air missiles, must have weapons in real nuke subs], most advanced MK47[ADCAP] torpedoes and switching engine system[nuke powered to/from EPM, electric powered]

Plus, I may presume that ur great sub would be best with FOTRS. FOTRS's mad air strikes vs. NSS shark's great surface weapons

I am looking forward to playing ur great sub soon.
I haven't used the Ohio class sub and since it's built for 1.4 I don't know how well it would work with 1.5. I would however like to take a look at some of the features on the sub because I've always wanted to shoot a missile at another ship. What I've got for the Shark is the best I could think of and it does get the job done. You'll still have a lot of fun blasting ships to bits with the missile launcher. The AI can manage this missile launcher better because it is based off of a deck gun. It doesn't have any recoil either. However with it's low ammo count the AI crew will be wasting precious ammo if they miss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnalia View Post
Would you happen to know offhand how these values compare with the 3/4/5 inch guns? Regarding career mode, will it be be possible to somehow hack it to work with the megamods?
They're better in almost every aspect, they turn quicker and reload faster. The missile launcher is the slowest to reload and turn but the most powerful when it comes to the ammunition. The gatling guns can seem a bit touchy but are overall better than the regular machine guns. They however are not AA guns, they can be used to shoot down Aircraft but their main purpose is to penetrate a ships hull and have the shells explode on the inside causing internal damage, such as fires and the like. They're also meant to take out gunners and pretty much render a ship defenseless while the deck gun batters away at the main hull.

At the moment the sub was made entirely with TMO and RSRDC installed. It works with the stock game and I am planning on getting it to work for FOTRS. At the moment I am trying to get it to work with RFB.

This brinks me to my next point here.
I need help from anyone willing to give it. For what ever reason the conning tower will not appear when I run RFB and RFB alone, no other mods installed. I copied the Balao files (which was the base for this sub) and changed everything around so that the conning tower would appear when it's supposed to, but it doesn't and I dont know why. If anyone can help I will upload the files for the sub and you guys can take a look at them and see what the problem is. If not then I guess this sub won't be able to work with RFB.
Old 08-03-09, 07:26 PM   #75
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

I'll take a crack at it. I've had/am having sorta the same problem with the 688i. I get the sail for the 688i but not the Gato boats. I know why it happens though. Oh and there is a version of the Ohio for 1.5 I just converted it over to 1.4. They're both in the downloads section.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote