SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-21-10, 06:06 PM   #1
Wolfling04
Frogman

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 0
Default Need Advice

Ok, I came to a determination today, Ubisoft's customer service sucks and their website sucks.

Right after Uboat missions was released I bought the game via Digital Download off their website. Today I tried to login and re-download it, tried, I typed in the original email address I used to download/purchase the addon and Ubi tells me there is no existing account with my email address. So I tried to submit a question to customer service, typed everything out and clicked submit, nothing happened. So I tried another email address (to one i use to play SH5) and then I get the same thing no account exist. By now I'm in a rage and almost ready to put my head through my monitor but my dear wife saves me from this costly mistake. Anyways I finally got to email them about the matter but now I have to wait a month for a reply.

Anyways my question is, any idea if they changed something up to where I cant login? or maybe any knows if their having website issues.

Thanks

p.s. I still have the original emails stating thanks for registering and thanks for buying Uboat Missions.
Old 08-22-10, 12:23 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I'm sorry I can't help. I stopped frequenting the UBIsoft forums years ago, and I won't buy the game while the DRM is attached to it. I know that's no help, but it's been six hours since you posted this request, and I wanted you to know someone cared.

I also never buy games through downloads, untrusting luddite that I am.
Old 08-22-10, 01:32 AM   #3
Wolfling04
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post

I also never buy games through downloads, untrusting luddite that I am.
Thanks SS. Besides a few steam games I will never trust another digital download especially from ubi. I guess Ill just break down and find a copy of Sh4 Uboat Missions

(or was there even disk copies made)? n/m i cant find any...
Old 08-22-10, 04:10 AM   #4
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfling04 View Post
Thanks SS. Besides a few steam games I will never trust another digital download especially from ubi. I guess Ill just break down and find a copy of Sh4 Uboat Missions

(or was there even disk copies made)? n/m i cant find any...
As far as I know it was never released separately except for download.

The Gold version has the uboat add on included.

But finding it at a decent price might be a problem. The old game used to decrease in value but now everyone is trying to get rich. Amazon seems to feature a company that has ridiculous prices.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-10, 07:22 AM   #5
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Default Iteresting about Amazon

I found my Gold copy on Amazon about 6 months ago. I paid US $9.95 and got free shipping. Things must have gone downhill since then? Keep looking - the Gold edition is worth it.

Good Hunting!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-10, 10:27 AM   #6
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Thanks SS. Besides a few steam games I will never trust another digital download especially from ubi.
It was Steam that made me the way I am. I tried to get UBM from them, but their auto-system kept telling me they couldn't sell to me, as Utah wasn't in the United States. Their poor customer service girl tried her best to help, so I can't fault that, but no luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
But finding it at a decent price might be a problem. The old game used to decrease in value but now everyone is trying to get rich. Amazon seems to feature a company that has ridiculous prices.
Wow, they really have gone through the roof! Used ones for thirty bucks?

I'm not sure what to say, Wolfling04. If I had more than one copy I'd give you one, but I don't.
Old 08-22-10, 11:53 AM   #7
Wolfling04
Frogman

Thanks guys, I just don't want to buy another copy of SH4, I still have the original disk here, depending on what I hear back from ubi maybe I will just buy the gold edition.
Old 08-28-10, 11:30 AM   #8
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52

Quote:
Thanks guys, I just don't want to buy another copy of SH4, I still have the original disk here, depending on what I hear back from ubi maybe I will just buy the gold edition.
Try this Commander....http://www.direct2drive.com/

Use your original E-mail addie and password

If you log in successfully there, check the drop down box where the user name is and select my games. That should open a download window for you.
Wolferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10, 12:36 AM   #9
Wolfling04
Frogman

Unfortunately I didn't download it from direct2drive, I used Ubisoft's digital store.

I just emailed then back after a week, any one got a phone #? because I cannot find one anywhere on their support