SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-06-09, 09:00 PM   #1
Sub Sailor
Commander

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default Silent Hunter Wolvs of the Pacific Gold Edition

I had a computer problem and had to clean my hard drive-well the Computer Doctor did- I just paid.I attempted to load my original SH4 and that was fine but I had bought my U-Boat missions on line. I thought I had it all saved but could not load it from my files.
OK, I will just buy the Gold Edition, it was only a few bucks more and it came with the U-Boat Missions on the DVD. Installed fine----BUT--- no matter what I do I get the easy mode with nothing checked I have unlimted fuel, oxygen, everthing but weapons. I set it up and start playing and it has shifted back. Never had it happen before. Can anyone help me?
Also where do I find the JSGME installer, the one by Jones, I have not found it----YES I searched.

Please any body,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
Sub Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-09, 09:24 PM   #2
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

you searched but did you check the sticky threads?

try the sticky thread at the top of the forum that says

"SH4 Popular Mods, Tools, Technical advice & Tactical tips"

look up the thread there "how to reinstall the game" because you sound like there is still a corruption in your files somewhere so check it out.
Old 10-07-09, 05:44 AM   #3
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Here is the new version of JGSME
http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html

As for the difficulty problem, you are changing it in the radio icon in the captains office aren't you (not from the game menu)?
Or if you are playing Uboats I think it's in the filing cabinet by the door to your office.

If you are changing it here and it's still not sticking, then yes maybe a corrupt install. Try completely removing SH4 and SH4UBM with the remove program control panel, then reinstall.

Let us know how you get on.
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-09, 07:27 AM   #4
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Try this:
go to: SilentHunter4/data/cfg/GameplaySettings and copy this file to desktop. Open the copy with notelpad.
Then change all the blocks to true for whatever you want to have, and to false for whatever you don't want.
Then make a JSGME install by creating a folder called
"NewSettings". Open that folder and make a folder called "data". Open that folder and make a folder called "cfg". Into that folder place your copy of GameplaySettings and be sure the name you give it is just that (not "copy of GameplaySettings")

Now, take the folder "NewSettings" and place it into the JSGME mod folder and activate it last.

If this doesn't work, you need to reinstall the whole thing and get rid of any SH4 folders in "My Documents"

If you have Vista, you didn't install in program files, did you?
Old 10-07-09, 06:43 PM   #5
Sub Sailor
Commander

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default I really Feel dumb

I appreciate the help. I figured out my mistake with the difficulty level. I had hard in one place and easy in another.
But, gentlemen I cannot down load TMO 1.7. I have the latest JSGME installer and made a hard copy of the help file and believe I set it up right but nothing happened, I download stuff and it all goes some where but I still end up with the stock SH4, with U-Boat missions.
I must be suffering from Alzheimer's, I used to know how to run JSGME, but I turned 69 last month so I must of had a reactor scram in my brain.

Does anyone have a "JSGME for Dummies" lying around?

Sub Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-09, 12:20 PM   #6
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Sailor View Post
I appreciate the help. I figured out my mistake with the difficulty level. I had hard in one place and easy in another.
But, gentlemen I cannot down load TMO 1.7. I have the latest JSGME installer and made a hard copy of the help file and believe I set it up right but nothing happened, I download stuff and it all goes some where but I still end up with the stock SH4, with U-Boat missions.
I must be suffering from Alzheimer's, I used to know how to run JSGME, but I turned 69 last month so I must of had a reactor scram in my brain.

Does anyone have a "JSGME for Dummies" lying around?

sometimes when you unrar a mod it make a folder like this :

Jyunsen B mod\Jyunsen B mod\Data\

you have to copy the data folder in the first mod folder so it looks like :

Jyunsen B mod\data

then implement it with jsgme, in the first case the game doesn't see the mod.

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote