SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-12-08, 06:36 PM   #691
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby_TFS
I just made a clean load of SH4 patched to 1.4 with multi sh. I thought I'd start a new career with TM and RSRD. Installed TM 1.7.6, all the ROW except the sub reflections, and then Phase III of RSRD plus the patch. Started the career in PH 12-8-41 off to Japan. Thought I'd stop by Midway to top off the tanks before the long journey, and half way to Midway we get the black screen. Tried this several times and get the same result. Unloaded RSRD and the problem went away. Am I missing something on loading RSRD? I'm using the TM versions.
What type of sub?. You say that you are running more than one version of SH4? What was the assign patrol area. I was in that general time frame and area today with out any problems. During testing I loaded only the "required" mods, i.e TM plus RSRDC and no other mods.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-08, 09:36 PM   #692
Kirby_TFS
Mate

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0
Default Still crashing

I tried it in a Tambor and a Gar. I installed the mods in a different order to see if that would help. ROW first then TM then RSRD. Tambor mission was search for shipping SW of Bungo Straits. Gar missions was patrol Luzon. An error came up stating a problem in the sound.act file.
Old 02-12-08, 11:02 PM   #693
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
I tried it in a Tambor and a Gar. I installed the mods in a different order to see if that would help. ROW first then TM then RSRD. Tambor mission was search for shipping SW of Bungo Straits. Gar missions was patrol Luzon. An error came up stating a problem in the sound.act file.

Do you have any "radio" modes installed ?
Old 02-12-08, 11:31 PM   #694
Kirby_TFS
Mate

Default Slightly working

I uninstalled all mods except for TM and RSRD. Finally got away from Midway and on patrol. Encounted my first ship and automatic targeting took over. I set it for manual targeting before we started the career. I also set it for external camrea and event camera, neither worked. Saved the game and exited to main screen and sure enough they were not checked. How do I keep them checked? I think that maybe it was something in the sound Mod in ROW that was causing the problem. I might try it again without the sound part of ROW because I really miss that mod. I think we are getting there, and thanks for haning in there with me. These are such great mods for this game.
Old 02-13-08, 12:10 AM   #695
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
I uninstalled all mods except for TM and RSRD. Finally got away from Midway and on patrol. Encounted my first ship and automatic targeting took over. I set it for manual targeting before we started the career. I also set it for external camrea and event camera, neither worked. Saved the game and exited to main screen and sure enough they were not checked. How do I keep them checked? I think that maybe it was something in the sound Mod in ROW that was causing the problem. I might try it again without the sound part of ROW because I really miss that mod. I think we are getting there, and thanks for haning in there with me. These are such great mods for this game.
When you start a career it ask you what level ( easy to hard ). based on that setting will control what check box is selected
Old 02-13-08, 06:08 AM   #696
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Quote:
I think that maybe it was something in the sound Mod in ROW that was causing the problem. I might try it again without the sound part of ROW because I really miss that mod. I think we are getting there, and thanks for haning in there with me. These are such great mods for this game.
Eep! Yep, that's your culprit, ROW Sounds. There's a ROW Sounds+RSRDC fix available...hold on, I'll dig it up.

Got it, download here. Install AFTER ROW Sounds and RSRDC.

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-08, 07:47 AM   #697
Kirby_TFS
Mate

Default Fix my problems

Thanks guys I'll try both this evening. I thought that by selecting normal it may have caused the automatic targeting to take over. I'm going to re-install the ROW stuff tonight along with the sound fix. One quick question - can I install ROW after TM & RSRD or do I need to un-install both and put ROW in first then TM and finally RSRD followed by the patch and the sound fix?
Old 02-13-08, 08:11 AM   #698
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

TMaru already has most of the ROW stuff incorporated. So, install as follows:

1. 1_Tmaru
2. 3_TMaru GXF_ROW Version
3. ROW Sounds
4. Addon for ROW OR
Pacific Environment for ROW by kriller2 (highly recommended)
5. RSRDC III for TMaru
6. RSRDC III Patch 2 for TMaru
7. ROW+RSRDC sh.sdl Sound Fix

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-08, 10:51 AM   #699
hyperion2206
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 8

I've got a question concerning the cargo of the merchant ships: Do they carry more ammo or fuel then in the stock game?
I'm asking because I had NSM 4.0 installed and although I was using the contact pistol (June 1943 onwads) all ships were breaking in 2 as soon as the first torpedo hit them.
Now I want to know if NSM isn't working right or if the ships are so packed with ammo that they desintegrate upon impact.

hyperion2206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-08, 06:17 PM   #700
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperion2206
I've got a question concerning the cargo of the merchant ships: Do they carry more ammo or fuel then in the stock game?
I'm asking because I had NSM 4.0 installed and although I was using the contact pistol (June 1943 onwads) all ships were breaking in 2 as soon as the first torpedo hit them.
Now I want to know if NSM isn't working right or if the ships are so packed with ammo that they desintegrate upon impact.
Some have fuel, some have ammo, some have freight. It has been assigned "randomly" by the tools I use to generate merchant ships

Stock is 100% freight only. No ammo in merchants and no fuel in tankers
Old 02-15-08, 02:11 AM   #701
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Some have fuel, some have ammo, some have freight. It has been assigned "randomly" by the tools I use to generate merchant ships

Stock is 100% freight only. No ammo in merchants and no fuel in tankers
I've noticed the same thing as far as the shipping goes. I haven't found any unloaded freighters or tankers, going in either direction since I enabled RSRDC. WHAT A RUSH!!!! Getting a torpedo shot set up into a good firing position takes a lot of thought and patience, not to mention maneuvering. So the ship exploding all over the place is my reward. Great effects!

Seriously, though, were all tankers during the war filled with av-gas? The Japs were getting their oil from Malaya, but were the refineries there too, or were they shipping crude to the home islands, then trans-shipping the finished product to their bases? Apparently, the program is unable to distinguish between heavy crude, Bunker-C, or Av-Gas.

Just an obversation. Thanks for the effects!
Old 02-16-08, 02:24 AM   #702
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

I have found some “ugly bugs" in some of RSRDC campaign files that I will have to fix in the not to distance future. Currently “Patch 3” is in the works and will be released shortly
Old 02-16-08, 11:48 AM   #703
jazman
Commander

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperion2206
It looks like there are some problems with RSRDC / NSM together. Since NSM has changed the damage model, and RSRD has changed the loads of ships, the combined effect can be a bit...over-spectacular.
Old 02-16-08, 01:14 PM   #704
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6

I've read about 'Battle of Midway' actions (including carrier launched acft) being scripted in RSRDC. Yesterday, however, returning from patrolling off Japan in late May '42, I saw that the date was such that I could get to the area West of Midway prior to the historic date of the battle (4 June '42 Climax). I looked up a battle map with the actual coordinates of the IJN carriers when attacked, and sailed to that location. I then loitered there in the vicinity of 30N and 179W for two days starting 3 June, and never saw a single ship of any type.

Are the IJN fleets somehow represented in SH4/RSRDC?
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-08, 02:42 PM   #705
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
I've read about 'Battle of Midway' actions (including carrier launched acft) being scripted in RSRDC. Yesterday, however, returning from patrolling off Japan in late May '42, I saw that the date was such that I could get to the area West of Midway prior to the historic date of the battle (4 June '42 Climax). I looked up a battle map with the actual coordinates of the IJN carriers when attacked, and sailed to that location. I then loitered there in the vicinity of 30N and 179W for two days starting 3 June, and never saw a single ship of any type.

Are the IJN fleets somehow represented in SH4/RSRDC?