SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-24-07, 04:56 PM   #331
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Okay guys here it is as promissed Compatable depth charge shake mod

This first one is a T.M. / RSRD compatable depth charge shake download.

http://files.filefront.com/TM+and+RS.../fileinfo.html

The Second one is a RFB / RSRD compatable depth charge chake download.

http://files.filefront.com/RFB+and+R.../fileinfo.html

Both are JSGME ready and have a readme file in them.

I got these files from Lurker on the RSRD mod and I added the changes from NVDRifter's work.

Enjoy guy's.
Dave
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-07, 01:14 AM   #332
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincuan
The mission orders come from the .tsr files in data/Campaign/PatrolObjectives/NameOfPatrolObjective/
Thanks, but I checked (some of) those files and could not find any reference in them to what the source of the patrol order would be (e.g., whether it would read as coming from COMSUBPAC or COMSUBSOWESPAC) - any idea where that determination is being made? I'd really like to 'fix" this so that operational orders for the Asiatic Fleet boats come only from COMSUBSOWESPAC (or its predecessor or successor command title, as appropriate) but I don't know where the logic is built in as to which orders are stated as coming from which HQ unit.
Old 11-25-07, 09:52 AM   #333
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercules
Quote:
The mission orders come from the .tsr files in data/Campaign/PatrolObjectives/NameOfPatrolObjective/
Thanks, but I checked (some of) those files and could not find any reference in them to what the source of the patrol order would be (e.g., whether it would read as coming from COMSUBPAC or COMSUBSOWESPAC) - any idea where that determination is being made? I'd really like to 'fix" this so that operational orders for the Asiatic Fleet boats come only from COMSUBSOWESPAC (or its predecessor or successor command title, as appropriate) but I don't know where the logic is built in as to which orders are stated as coming from which HQ unit.
Ok let’s go over this “message” by “message”

First message from in Data\Campaigns\Campaign\PatrolObjectives\Sink East China Sea 05\ Sink East China Sea 05.tsr and is part of RSRDC. And is generated when you start the mission.

The Second and third message come from Data\Campaigns\Campaign\DynamicMiss\ContactReport 50\ ContactReport 50.tsr
and is from “stock” SH4 and is generated when you are out of ammo or your fuel is down to 10%

The fourth message is from Data\Campaigns\Campaign\messages.txt and is from RFB 1.31. See the “last” three lines in the file i.e. lines 174, 175, and 176 and is generated based on the date and time that is set at the start of the message.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-07, 04:50 PM   #334
panthercules
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Quote:

First message from in Data\Campaigns\Campaign\PatrolObjectives\Sink East China Sea 05\ Sink East China Sea 05.tsr and is part of RSRDC. And is generated when you start the mission.
Thanks for the detailed response - still have a question though. When I looked in the file you mentioned above about the first message, I saw that it did contain the reference to ComsubPac in the text of the message "Make daily reports a 0001Z daily to ComSubPac". That would be easy enough to change by just editing the text in that file. BUT, my real question is, where does the "From: COMSUBPAC" at the beginning of that first message come from? That's the one I was wanting to change so that it would be coming to my Asiatic Fleet boat from COMSUBSOWESPAC (or ComSubsAsiatic, as Roscoe's book indicates it was called at this early point in the war).

Quote:
[The Second and third message come from Data\Campaigns\Campaign\DynamicMiss\ContactReport 50\ ContactReport 50.tsr
and is from “stock” SH4 and is generated when you are out of ammo or your fuel is down to 10%
Again - while the text of those messages may be in the .tsr file you mention above, there's no reference to ComSubPac in that file, and thus no indication of how the game decided to label these messages as being "From: COMSUBPAC" instead of "From: COMSUBSOWESPAC" as it did with the 4th message.

Quote:
The fourth message is from Data\Campaigns\Campaign\messages.txt and is from RFB 1.31. See the “last” three lines in the file i.e. lines 174, 175, and 176 and is generated based on the date and time that is set at the start of the message.
Aha - now these three message lines all have an "@COMSUBSOWESPAC" reference in them that seems to be telling the game to display the 4th message as coming "From: COMSOWESPAC". Most of the "@COMSUBPAC" references I saw in skimming that file so far seem to be FOX-type informational traffic, which probably could stay as coming from COMSUBPAC - I guess I'll have to flyspeck through that messages.txt file and see if I can find any places where they're using that reference to trigger normal operational messages. Failing that, I suppose I could try just replacing all COMSUBPACs with COMSUBSOWESPACs in a copy of that file and using JSGME to install that modified version of the file for when I have an Asiatic Fleet boat, and another similarly changed (but replacing COMSUBSOWESPAC with COMSUBPAC) version of the file for when I have a boat from PH.:hmm:
Old 11-25-07, 05:54 PM   #335
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the detailed response - still have a question though. When I looked in the file you mentioned above about the first message, I saw that it did contain the reference to ComsubPac in the text of the message "Make daily reports a 0001Z daily to ComSubPac". That would be easy enough to change by just editing the text in that file. BUT, my real question is, where does the "From: COMSUBPAC" at the beginning of that first message come from? That's the one I was wanting to change so that it would be coming to my Asiatic Fleet boat from COMSUBSOWESPAC (or ComSubsAsiatic, as Roscoe's book indicates it was called at this early point in the war).

Quote:
[The Second and third message come from Data\Campaigns\Campaign\DynamicMiss\ContactReport 50\ ContactReport 50.tsr
Again - while the text of those messages may be in the .tsr file you mention above, there's no reference to ComSubPac in that file, and thus no indication of how the game decided to label these messages as being "From: COMSUBPAC" instead of "From: COMSUBSOWESPAC" as it did with the 4th message.

Quote:
Aha - now these three message lines all have an "@COMSUBSOWESPAC" reference in them that seems to be telling the game to display the 4th message as coming "From: COMSOWESPAC". Most of the "@COMSUBPAC" references I saw in skimming that file so far seem to be FOX-type informational traffic, which probably could stay as coming from COMSUBPAC - I guess I'll have to flyspeck through that messages.txt file and see if I can find any places where they're using that reference to trigger normal operational messages. Failing that, I suppose I could try just replacing all COMSUBPACs with COMSUBSOWESPACs in a copy of that file and using JSGME to install that modified version of the file for when I have an Asiatic Fleet boat, and another similarly changed (but replacing COMSUBSOWESPAC with COMSUBPAC) version of the file for when I have a boat from PH.:hmm:

Data\Menu\menu.txt

item 4193

If you change it "ever" message that is generated through out the war no matter what home base your using with will start with what ever you enter in this field
Old 11-25-07, 06:20 PM   #336
panthercules
The Old Man

Quote:
Data\Menu\menu.txt

item 4193

If you change it "ever" message that is generated through out the war no matter what home base your using with will start with what ever you enter in this field
Cool - thanks for pointing me there. I now have my path laid out to create a set of tweaked files message-affecting ready for installation by JSGME, but I'll have to have several (1 for ComSubAsiatic 12/41-6/42, 1 for ComSubSoWesPac 6/42-whenever it changed again (still looking), 1 for ComSubPac, etc.) - this is where having an SH4 version of SH3 Commander ready with its date files capabilities would really come in handy.

[EDIT - just a well-intentioned suggestion - if/when you issue any updated version of RSRD that messes with these patrol order files in the "Patrol Objectives" folder, it would be great if you would delete the words "to ComSubPac" in all the messages about making daily reports. I don't think it's worth trying to figure out which ones of those should be changed to ComSubSoWesPac and which ones left alone, but by simply deleting those two words the orders would work for either type of boat and they really don't add much to the message. If your HQ orders you to make daily reports, you're not going to need to be told who to make them to - you're just going to make a status report.]

Last edited by panthercules; 11-25-07 at 07:32 PM.
panthercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 07:26 AM   #337
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

Okay, I've finally finished a career without RSRD and it's time to get on to higher realism.

Problem, though!

I've loaded NSM, ROW, RFB for ROW and everything runs fine.
I then load RSRD and have the following:

If I run the supplied 'Midway' mission everything works fine.
But, if I run the mission 'Tokio-Saipan Convoy' I get an immediate crash.

Before I embark on a new career, is the above normal or is there something 'lurking' that might cause me problems later on?

And before I forget, thanks so much for your work!

Old 11-26-07, 07:55 AM   #338
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nichols
Okay, I've finally finished a career without RSRD and it's time to get on to higher realism.

Problem, though!

Before I embark on a new career, is the above normal or is there something 'lurking' that might cause me problems later on?

I'll look into it.
Old 11-26-07, 08:37 AM   #339
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

@Bill

I run the RFB/ROW/RSRD mod pure, meaning no NSM. No CTD. My idea here is letting the modders working with RFB to add and test each introduced mod into the entire package. Sort of a building up to a entire mod package free of issues. Just for the heck of it, deactivate the NSM and see if she still crashes.
Old 11-26-07, 09:00 AM   #340
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Okay, I'll give that a try this evening. 'Tho I was under the impression that ROW requires that NSM be installed first.
Old 11-26-07, 09:04 AM   #341
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Okay, I'll give that a try this evening. 'Tho I was under the impression that ROW requires that NSM be installed first.
No, you just need to grab the correct (i.e. "stock game zone files") version.

ETA: This is what you need

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 07:00 PM   #342
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:

Problem, though!

I'll look into it.
The reason for your CTD is your install is incorrect. There is a “SCSubchaser” in this scenario that has a unit type conflict. You have either the RSRDC version of the Tokio-Saipan Convoy.mis file or you have the “stock” version on the same file. I have some questions

(1)How did you install RSRDC by hand or with JSGME?

(2)Did you copy original Single Missions back into the system?

The bottom line is that your install is “suspect”.

Please provide “how” you installed the mods and in what order.

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 11-26-07 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-26-07, 08:56 PM   #343
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Here's my mod list. All were installed by JSGME in the following order:

Natural Sinking Mechanics 3.3 Classic
NSM3.3_hardcore_torpedo_mod
ROW Realistic Camera vs_1c
ROW Classic Zones Special Effects vs_3
ROW Textures without Sun Halo camera flair vs_4
ROW Sky and Ocean controls
ROW Objects Reflections vs_2
ROW Sub Reflections and Roll Pitch Mod
ROW NEW Clouds from Kriller2
ROW NEW SeaFoam from Jaketoox
Warships retextures_install
BALAO HI-RES Weathered
Gato Hi-Res
ROW Sound Effects vs_5_Final
ROW Sound ADD on Creaks level 1 and Depth Charges surface
Map Labels 1.3
Ambient Sound Mod
RFB_for_ROW_RC2
RSRDC_P1_v103

Files and date for the scenario causing problem are:

SM07 Tokio-Saipan Convoy.mis, 10/4/2007 (this appears to be the RSRDC version)
SM07 Tokio-Saipan Convoy.tga, 12/8/2006
SM07 Tokio-Saipan Convoy.tsr, 2/17/2007

The three RSRDC files for the NSC_Subchaser all have the correct date in my game folder: .cfg is 5/19/2007, .eqp is 10/13/2007, and .sns is 8/24/2007

Please confirm my mods & order of install are correct, and I'll do a re-install from scratch.

Thanks!

Last edited by Bill Nichols; 11-26-07 at 09:09 PM.
Bill Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 11:19 PM   #344
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Here's my mod list. All were installed by JSGME in the following order:

Natural Sinking Mechanics 3.3 Classic
NSM3.3_hardcore_torpedo_mod
ROW Realistic Camera vs_1c
ROW Classic Zones Special Effects vs_3
ROW Textures without Sun Halo camera flair vs_4
ROW Sky and Ocean controls
ROW Objects Reflections vs_2
ROW Sub Reflections and Roll Pitch Mod
ROW NEW Clouds from Kriller2
ROW NEW SeaFoam from Jaketoox
Warships retextures_install
BALAO HI-RES Weathered
Gato Hi-Res
ROW Sound Effects vs_5_Final
ROW Sound ADD on Creaks level 1 and Depth Charges surface
Map Labels 1.3
Ambient Sound Mod
RFB_for_ROW_RC2
RSRDC_P1_v103

Files and date for the scenario causing problem are:

SM07 Tokio-Saipan Convoy.mis, 10/4/2007 (this appears to be the RSRDC version)
SM07 Tokio-Saipan Convoy.tga, 12/8/2006
SM07 Tokio-Saipan Convoy.tsr, 2/17/2007

The three RSRDC files for the NSC_Subchaser all have the correct date in my game folder: .cfg is 5/19/2007, .eqp is 10/13/2007, and .sns is 8/24/2007

Please confirm my mods & order of install are correct, and I'll do a re-install from scratch.

Thanks!

Ok

Found the problem. On line 935 of the SM07 Tokio-Saipan Convoy.mis, the line say’s TYPE=5, should read TYPE=1. When I ran the editor it didn’t throw an error that you usually see when there is a unit type mismatch. That the only places were this error exists. You’re safe to play. This problem will be corrected during the next software release.

Also you should use RSRDC v111 which is built for RFB, see first post of RSRDC thread for link.

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 11-27-07 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-27-07, 12:57 AM   #345
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75

Quote:
Also you should use RSRDC v111 which is built for RFB, see first post of RSRDC thread for link.
Added this to the RFB for ROW thread.

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote