SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-25-18, 05:51 AM   #1186
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

So the 'event' becomes a 'non event' hardly surprising when both parties in reality are far far apart in what they're after.

I certainly believe the only solution will come after talks at the highest level with China.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-18, 06:01 AM   #1187
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
North Korea has said it is still willing to talk "at any time in any form" after US President Donald Trump abruptly cancelled his meeting with Kim Jong-un.

Vice-foreign minister Kim Kye-gwan said Mr Trump's decision was "extremely regrettable".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44248256

Just came across this and the conciliatory tone would have me believe China is working behind the scenes.

Old 05-25-18, 07:31 AM   #1188
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post

Oh, and I smell John Bolton. I think he's actually a democrat plant.
That's funny
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-18, 09:45 AM   #1189
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44248256

Just came across this and the conciliatory tone would have me believe China is working behind the scenes.
PRECISELY...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-18, 11:12 AM   #1190
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
So the 'event' becomes a 'non event' hardly surprising when both parties in reality are far far apart in what they're after.
Not so quick with the young horses - the Donald indicated today that because everybody plays games, it may turn out to be a fake non event. The problem are the events that are indeed events but afterwords turn out to be a fake, with the non event just indicating in modern language that something may happen, or not - but that with highest probability.

A lecture on probability clouds in quantum physics may help to understand it better. Or Heisenberg: usually, you cannot measure exact vector/momentum and exact position of particles simultaneously, as long as you have no Donald. With a Donald at hand, you can do it, however. Just not really - you see?

Maybe the fourfold Buddhist negation should be renamed into the fourfold Donaldinarian negation. Absolutely possible - levitating high enough above reality he certainly does.

I read that he may work on building up his daughter to become the first female POTUS. Reading that was more scary than learning that Sigourney Weaver shoots another Alien movie.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-25-18 at 11:20 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-18, 09:36 AM   #1191
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Its on, its off, its on, its off

Old 05-26-18, 09:44 AM   #1192
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Shhhh Trump has a secret plan to disconcert the rest of the world including the US, not only with his North Korea politics.. and up to now it works perfectly

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-18, 09:56 AM   #1193
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Well, it looks like NK are becoming increasingly eager for the event to go ahead.

Quote:
Korean leaders meet in surprise summit
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44265287

Old 05-26-18, 10:05 AM   #1194
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Might be best if the two of them work things out between themselves without any interference from the US.
Old 05-26-18, 10:48 AM   #1195
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Might be best if the two of them work things out between themselves without any interference from the US.

Wouldn't it be great if we could "finally" learn to stay out of other peoples business.
Old 05-26-18, 10:53 AM   #1196
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Wouldn't it be great if we could "finally" learn to stay out of other peoples business.
You mean, out of Vietnam/Laos, Afghanistan, Syriah, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Nicaragua, Grenada.. and so on.

But what about saving the world, and oil, and other 'interests'?
Give up your 'peaceful hegemony'?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-18, 04:24 PM   #1197
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

But there has to be a summit: Trump has already minted commemorative coins to celebrate his grand coup:

Right now, it seems the coin is going at a discount price:

Commemorative North Korea Summit Coin Now Selling at a Discount --

https://www.thedailybeast.com/commem...-at-a-discount

Trump is still being played and he is playing into CHN/NK's hands; if Trump had been smart (excuse me while I laugh at the Trump=smart oxymoron... or just Trump=moron), he wouldn't have cancelled the summit; it is fairly obvious NK isn't really keen on holding the summit and is just teasing Trump along; if Trump not cancelled and had just let the deadline get down to the end, Kim would have been the one to cancel and the US would not seem like the spoilers internationally. Just another bonehead move from the Bonehead-In-Chief...

<O>
Old 05-26-18, 05:20 PM   #1198
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

How many remember hearing about this a few weeks ago?

Quote:
In any deal with North Korea, Trump said, Kim would “be in his country; he’d be running his country.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.fb7cbab0324b
I wonder if Fatboy is having trouble at home? Wonder if by saying this Trump revealed how shakey Fatboy's hold on power might be? Fatboy has been thrust on the world stage of politics. Kowtowing to China and bending on agreements by the U.S. only makes him look weak to hardliners at home. He needed too reject the summit and talk with Moon and Moon alone. Moon who is probably all too eager for his own political gain happy to agree to reunification even if that means the North keeping its nukes.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-18, 07:08 PM   #1199
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

More likely, Kim and Xi have been 'colluding' on a strategy seeking the maximum amount of humiliation for the US and, with the able complicity of Trump because, you know, he's Trump, they are accomplishing their goal; while Trump cancels and waffles on the summit and he has his minions like Bolton stirring up the pot, Kim is 'going the extra steps' and doing things like meeting with Moon, blowing up his nuke test site, etc., and. even though its all smoke and mirrors, to the rest of the world, Kim is coming across as the "reasonable" leader (then again, how hard is it to appear reasonable when being compared to Trump). It all optics. Kim is playing the game and, with the assistance of Xi, playing it pretty well. I don't think Kim is really worried: he gets to make Trump dance, keep his power, keep his nukes, and gives up, really, nothing...

<O>
Old 05-26-18, 09:28 PM   #1200
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I don't think for a moment anyone in this world (except maybe Moon) thinks Un is a reasonable person. He doesn't stay in power by being reasonable he stays in power by deceit, killing his own family and the opposition and starving his own citizens. Again its just a w.a.g. but he was thrust onto the world stage which puts the spot light on him, it means he will have to negotiate and bend to others will, which could be seen as a sign of weakness to the internal hardliner opposition. I think Fatboy might be in survival mode and best course of action for him at the moment is to sitcan the summit and attempt negotiations directly with Moon who probably gets all teary eyed at the prospect of reunification and getting re-elected.

Also China and North Korea aren't exactly bosom buddies either, it wouldn't be the first time North Korean actions embarrassed China.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-26-18 at 09:59 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
korea, north korea