SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-09-24, 01:57 PM   #166
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Girl, 10, wins year's supply of crisps after campaigning to get Haggis flavour back on shelves

Quote:
A 10-year-old girl has been given a year's supply of her favourite crisps after she campaigned to get the niche flavour back on store shelves.

Grace, from Edinburgh, decided to take matters into her own hands when she was unable to find her favourite haggis crisps in the shops.

The haggis and black pepper flavoured snack made by Taylors Snacks, formerly Mackie's Crisps, was pulled from shelves last year after the company decided to only make the crisps available during winter months.

Grace, feeling the absence of her favourite flavour, took matters into her own hands by writing a letter to the managing director of Taylors Snacks.

In her letter, Grace expressed not only her love for the crisps, but also her family's, and added: "I really hope it could become all year round."

"If you can thanks," she wrote, before warning crisps boss James Taylor: "If not I will be sad."

Her endearing words, along with a sad face to sign off, were enough to convince Mr Taylor to put the crisps back on sale for good.

Grace was also rewarded with a taxi full of haggis and black pepper crisps, and a ticket for a tour around the Taylors factory.

Grace's mother, Becky, said: "It's fantastic that the team at Taylors took the time and effort to respond and it really made all of our days.

Advertisement
"It also helps Grace see the power of communicating with creativity and care.

"Grace was the one who had the idea to write to James and to get such a wonderful response really validates and empowers her.

"These small things really can make a huge impact on a young child's life.

"We look forward to visiting the factory soon and learning how our favourite snacks are made."
https://news.sky.com/story/girl-10-w...elves-13041322

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-24, 05:57 PM   #167
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

REVEALED: HALF of the WHO's transgender health committee members have NO medical background and the majority are activists
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...activists.html

Surprised I am not, perplexed I am, how have the W.H.O let this happen?, I recommend a change of leadership is required and fast.
Old 01-10-24, 07:56 AM   #168
Moonlight
Admiral

Tech expert who built faulty Horizon IT system and gave evidence used to convict hundreds of postmasters demands immunity before agreeing to appear at public inquiry

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...c-inquiry.html

Immunity from prosecution?, it was his faulty evidence that helped jail some of these innocent sub postmasters in the first place. He knows he perjured himself and now he's trying to wangle his way out of it, your chickens are coming home to roost old boy and now it's time to face the music,
Old 01-11-24, 09:14 AM   #169
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Ynys Enlli: Remote Welsh island offers £11.44 an hour if you're prepared to live and work there

Quote:
The owners of an "off-grid" Welsh island are looking for two wardens to live and work there.

The accommodation wardens on Bardsey Island (Ynys Enlli) off the coast of the Llyn Peninsula in North Wales will enjoy benefits including one boat trip to the mainland per month, according to the job advert.

Other benefits will include a shared food growing space and internet connection.

The island measuring 0.69 square miles has a population of 11 and is claimed to be the burial site of mythical wizard Merlin.

The Bardsey Island Trust is looking for joint applications from two individuals who are expected to live and work together.

Successful applicants will be paid £11.44 per hour, with their contract lasting from 1 March until 30 October.

The island, which has a "limited electricity" provided by solar panels, can run a light, fridge freezer and internet router.

The job description says there is "no indoor running hot water" and a "composting toilet" is located outside.

The UK's tallest square-towered lighthouse can be found on the island at 30m (98ft) tall and over 200 years old.

In 1979, the island was bought by the trust and is still under the charity's ownership.

Last year, the island became the first location in Europe to be given Dark Sky Sanctuary status.

The job description says the ability to speak both English and Welsh is compulsory, with a driving qualification also desirable.
https://news.sky.com/story/ynys-enll...there-13041592

Old 01-12-24, 08:36 AM   #170
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

'Frozen excrement' dropped from plane crashes through house roof

Quote:
A Canadian woman has claimed a frozen lump of excrement from a plane passing overhead ripped through the roof of her mother’s house.

Stephanie Moore said she was woken up by a crashing sound and saw a huge hole in the ceiling in the hallway - less than 15ft from where she was sleeping.

The 36-year-old teacher had been staying with her mother overnight after returning from a trip to Cuba.

After the incident, she said she found pink insulation, drywall, ceiling material and shattered bits of wood on the hallway floor in a puddle of water.

In the morning, daylight could be seen shining through the hole which was around one metre in diameter and the crash had caused damage to the roof’s planking and shingles.

Ms Moore told CBC News: "At first I thought it was just damage to the ceiling. I couldn't tell it went right through the roof when I first saw it".

She said both the insurance appraiser and roof repairmen who visited the next day said it was the “strangest thing they had ever seen”.

The roofer who inspected the damage said there was no rotting wood in the roof and before the incident the outer shell of the house was solid.

They did not find any evidence that a tree or branch cause the damage and there was no ice or snow on the roof when it happened.

The roofer said it was mostly likely to have been "blue ice" - a term for frozen excrement that can accidentally leak away from planes mid flight, named for the colour of disinfectant used by sewage systems in commercial planes.

Blue ice has been known to hit homes and melt on impact leaving little evidence behind.

The only other thing that could cause that sort of damage would be a small meteor strike - but that would leave a rock or mineral in the debris.

A spokeswoman for Transport Canada said they were looking into the claim.

She said: "The department takes all reports of possible debris coming from aircraft very seriously. Every reported incident is investigated by Transport Canada officials".

Canadian Aviation Regulations forbid creating a hazard by dropping waste mid flight, she added.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a6952366.html

Old 01-13-24, 08:31 AM   #171
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Exploding toilet at a Dunkin’ store in Florida left a customer filthy and injured, lawsuit claims

Quote:
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A customer has filed a negligence lawsuit against Dunkin’, claiming he was injured by an exploding toilet at one of the coffee chain’s locations in central Florida.

Paul Kerouac is seeking more than $100,000 in a lawsuit filed Wednesday in state court in Orlando, claiming he suffered “severe and long term injuries” following the explosion of a toilet in the men’s room of a Dunkin’ location in Winter Park, Florida, a year ago.

After the explosion left Kerouac covered in human feces, urine and debris, he walked out of the men’s room seeking help from workers and the store’s manager, according to the lawsuit. An employee told him that they were aware of the “problem with the toilet” since there had been previous incidents, the lawsuit says, without diving into further details about the explosion.

When contacted Thursday by email for more details on Kerouac’s injuries, his attorney, Scott Spradley, said he was tied up and couldn’t answer the questions until the following day. The Canton, Massachusetts-based company did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment.

The lawsuit says Kerouac suffered “bodily injury,” and he has required mental health care and counseling since the incident in January 2022.
https://apnews.com/article/dunkin-do...0bfbaffb094aa8

Old 01-15-24, 02:33 PM   #172
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Nude man nabbed by police after ‘cannonball’ plunge into giant aquarium at Bass Pro Shop in Alabama

Quote:
LEEDS, Alabama (AP) — A man crashed his car outside a Bass Pro Shop in Alabama, stripped down to his birthday suit and plunged into the giant aquarium inside the store, police said.

The ordeal happened Thursday night in front of shocked shoppers in the town just outside Birmingham, Leeds Police Chief Paul Irwin said.

The 42-year-old Alabama man did a “cannonball” leap into the aquarium and then stood under a waterfall. He left the water to yell at two officers, then dove back into the aquarium, police said.

The man eventually climbed over the side of the aquarium and fell to the concrete floor below. Police then apprehended him, the news site Al.com reported.

He faces several charges including public lewdness, disorderly conduct and criminal mischief.

The man was in the water for about five minutes before officers arrived, Irwin said.
https://apnews.com/article/bass-pro-...c4718498c914b3

Old 01-16-24, 09:41 AM   #173
Moonlight
Admiral

Are YOU smarter than our space minister? Test your knowledge with our interactive tool of the solar system, after Andrew Griffith 'confused Mars with the Sun and Saturn for Jupiter'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...n-Jupiter.html

The country is being run by buffoons, this pillock couldn't find URanus if he used both of his hands, and I would assume that a lot of MP's are even thicker than this Twonk is. Andrew Griffith wasn't parachuted into this constituency by Tory HQ, no, no no, the constituents of Arundel and South Downs actually voted for this thick twat, and that begs the question, just how thick are these wealthy people down South.

Well, well, well, lets take a look at this area shall we, its a mostly rural constituency including the town of Arundel and villages within the South Downs national park boundaries or encircled by the park, ooooh that sounds pretty fancy.
Rural eh, there's probably no schools open, hospitals are probably closed as well, so, none of these halfwits can be sectioned for their own safety, but, I bet there are a lot of sheep farms down there.
Hehehe, I bet the sales of Wellington Boots are through the roof in that area, I've heard you can make a lucrative career out of sheep shagging you know, well, just look at their MP, it tells you everything you need to know, its no wonder that a lot of conservative politicians are a bunch of bleeding perverts.
Old 01-16-24, 01:31 PM   #174
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Mum thinks she’s being followed around Leeds by a UFO

Quote:
A mother has become convinced of extraterrestrial life after claiming a UFO has been hovering above her Leeds home.

Kay Thorpe said the alien object is reminiscent of the Tardis flown by Doctor Who and insists has been appearing in the morning and night above her house in the Yorkshire suburb Middleton for several years.

The 36-year-old said that photos taken by zooming in with her phone camera prove that the matter is not a star but rather an extraterrestrial existence.

‘Where I live, you don’t often see a lot of stars but this one particular star is above my house every night and every morning,’ the mother-of-three said.

‘And I kept looking at it thinking ‘that can’t be a star’ because it’s always there but it doesn’t flicker like a star.

‘It’s been there for years. It wasn’t twinkling and I thought what else could it be?

‘So I decided to take a photo on my phone but when you zoom in that far on your phone, it can become distorted.

‘But I managed to keep it quite still and get a clear photo. When I took the picture, I just saw that shape.’

Her photo, taken from her garden on December 16, shows a bright light and her social media feeds lit up with speculation as to what it could be.

‘My first thought was it could be some sort of extra terrestrial. I didn’t think it was a spaceship but when I saw the shape, I thought that’s not normal.

‘When I looked at it, I was freaked out. I thought ‘am I safe’? I thought, could it be the international space station.’

Ms Thorpe said that many of her friends have suggested it looks like a Tardis, although she is not a Doctor Who fan herself.

While she has shared excitement at the prospect of her ‘proof’ of otherworldly movements, she has also shared concern as to what this could mean for her house.

‘I don’t believe we’re alone,’ she added. ‘I think there’s something out there – I don’t think we’re the only species.

‘The thought has dawned on me that something could be looking down on us.

‘Because it’s been there for so many years I know I must be safe. Unless I’ve been abducted and my memory’s been wiped!

‘A couple of people said it’s heaven’s door and we’ve recently had a bereavement so I’d like to think it’s maybe that.’
https://metro.co.uk/2024/01/02/leeds...o=mosaic_weird

Old 01-17-24, 07:25 AM   #175
Moonlight
Admiral

^Bloody Hell, I wouldn't mind some of that stuff she's on.

Undercover Met Police cops pose as victims in sting to catch gangsters terrorising capital - as dramatic video shows moment thieves are ambushed by officers with Tasers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lex-theft.html

Gangsters, these thieving scum would piss their pants if they met a real one.
Isn't this cultural exchange of possessions just wonderful, the Labour Party want even more of these thieving migrants to come to the UK and join in with the fun. Yeah, that's right, "FUN", these currants are making money from these robberies and having some fun while doing it, if you resist, you'll get your ******* head kicked in, and that kick to the head is the fun part.

How's that for integration eh, I think someone ought to tell these do-gooders that these migrant scum don't give a **** about any of that white diversity claptrap they keep spouting, but, they'll have your watch off your wrist funnily enough, yeah "Give Me Some Of That".

"Commander Russell added: 'Many of these men have long offending histories and cause misery in these areas, so it's really good that they're behind bars".

Bars, you thick Twonk, its Coffins they need, when a Noose and a Gallows meets one of these currants they won't do it again, and that's a fact.
Old 01-17-24, 02:05 PM   #176
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Woman has hamster stuffed to look like a pole dancer with notes in its G-string

Quote:
Pets are massively important parts of our lives, with many treating them as our own siblings or children.

When a beloved pet dies there are many ways to memorialise them, from having them cremated to getting a tattoo of them or keeping their collar.

One less common way of keeping our pets in our lives is through the art of taxidermy, which preserves and stuffs the animal.

But one pet owner has chosen a much less traditional pose for her beloved hamster.

Jess Porter-Langson, 27, was devastated when her Roborovski dwarf hamster, named Hammington, died last August after having him for three years.

She wanted to do ‘something special’ to immortalise him – so found a local taxidermy artist to turn Hammington, also known as Hammy, into a pole dancing stripper.

Jess’s ‘iconic’ pet is captured in all his glory, wearing a bright pink thong stuffed with dollar bills as he ‘hustles for money’, clinging onto a stripper pole.

She keeps the taxidermy piece, which cost her £175, next to her bed.
https://metro.co.uk/2024/01/16/woman...o=mosaic_weird

Old 01-18-24, 02:37 PM   #177
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Dog DNA detectives trace owners not scooping the poop in Italian province

Quote:
ROME, Jan 17 (Reuters) - An Italian province is turning to DNA tests to tackle the scourge of dog mess on the streets.
Once a dog DNA registration database is up and running, street cleaners and health officials in Bolzano will be able to collect abandoned poop, have it genetically tested and then trace the owners who will face fines of 50 to 500 euros ($54 to $540).
Any owner who refuses the DNA profiling for their dog will face fines of 292 to 1,048 euros.

The provincial government covering Bolzano city and surrounding towns in the picturesque Dolomites region is creating the database for the almost 40,000 dogs in the area, veterinary department director Paolo Zambotto said. About 10,000 have already been registered.
"Bolzano receives a few hundred complaints a year from citizens about improper management of public land. More than half are for dogs," he told Reuters.

"Law enforcement could only catch three or four of them because they have to go there and set up some kind of stakeout."
DNA registration will become compulsory from around late March. Owners will be expected to have blood tests for their dogs, in municipal dog shelters or vet clinics, at a cost ranging from 65 to over 100 euros.
He did not give an estimated cost for the project, with the detection and administration expenses expect to be covered from the fines.

Bolzano, a mountainous German-speaking province near Austria, has wide autonomy in making its rules. Zambotto said other Italian cities had been in touch to potentially replicate the law.
Tourists and non-residents are exempted from the regulation.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ce-2024-01-17/

Old 01-19-24, 08:27 AM   #178
Moonlight
Admiral

Japan will attempt to land on the moon TODAY - here's how to watch as its 'Moon Sniper' spacecraft navigates through '20 minutes of terror' descent

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...r-descent.html

I think Japan will rely on their technology instead of luck, so I won't throw a spanner in the works by wishing any on them, Good Luck Japan, oh bollocks!.
Old 01-19-24, 09:43 AM   #179
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Escaped kangaroo captured after punching Canadian officer

Quote:
A kangaroo that escaped its handlers during transport to a new home was captured on Monday east of Toronto after a weekend in the wild, but not before delivering a punch in the face to one of the police officers who brought her run to an end.
The female kangaroo hopped over her handlers late on Thursday during a rest stop at the Oshawa Zoo and Fun Farm in Ontario, the park's supervisor and head keeper, Cameron Preyde, told CBC.

Videos emerged, opens new tab on social media on Friday of the marsupial, who was born in captivity, running along roads in Oshawa, a town on Lake Ontario about 37 miles (60 km) east of Toronto.
Officers on patrol spotted the kangaroo at around 3 a.m. on Monday on a rural property in northern Oshawa, Staff Sergeant Chris Boileau told CBC Toronto.

They contacted the kangaroo's handlers and grabbed it by the tail, as instructed, he said. The kangaroo punched one of the officers in the face during the capture, Boileau said.

"It's something that he and his platoon mates will be remembering for the rest of their careers," he told CBC Toronto.
The kangaroo, which was en route to a zoo in Quebec, received medical treatment and will stay at the Oshawa Zoo for a few days of rest, Preyde said.
"We're going to keep her here for a little while longer, let her rest up and make sure she is safe," he said.
https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...er-2023-12-04/

Old 01-20-24, 11:11 AM   #180
Moonlight
Admiral

JULIA HARTLEY BREWER Politicians should spend less time hobnobbing with elite at luxury ski resort Davos – and more listening to voters

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/254251...-davos-voters/

Quote:
It’s not just the snobbery and arrogance of these people that should make us angry.

It’s also the blatant hypocrisy of every-thing they say and do.

They fly in on their private jets then lecture us about climate change.

They bleat on about poverty and inequality as they hide their fortunes away in tax havens.
Well said Julia, those WEF dickheads couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.