SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-28-11, 01:03 PM   #226
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halface View Post
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
Magnum_Opus_0_0_1
Magnum_Opus_Patch_2
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Cerberus62 Additional Merchant Ships 1.1<<<<<remove - it is in MO
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos
EnahncedFunnelSmoke1.2_SH5
AilBubbles 1.0
AilClimateZones 1.1
AilImpurity 1.2
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast
Critical hits v 1.2
Accurate German Flags
NewUIs_TDC_6_8_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision_Black_Ski n
Real Environment - Revision_3
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2<<<<<remove - it is in MO
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.1 Patch<<<<<remove - it is in MO
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.3
OHII - Cerberus ship patch
OH II remove reduce ported ships mines etc v4 open folder<<<remove and open folder. there are mods inside
Reduced Mission Tonnage v02<<<<<remove - it will prevent OHII working
Dynamic Environment SH5-V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1 Patch
More_crew_commands_dialog_v1.04
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.8
First your mod list - see yellow changes.

Quote:
out of kiel the canal pilot worked like a charm but inbound...i get msg to refi,t end patrol, or postpone....and that that.....
If this is happening as you enter Kiel - click end mission
If it is when you are passing othe port - click postpone.

Quote:
pluss another off thing...when i have targets i dont get thir speed....yes i need auto TDC ...

any suggestions or clue what it can be ???
In TDWs UI you are using - there are some options along the top right of your screen.
There is a small yellow button there. - click it and these options will expand.
This will show a new option - "Show item notes"
Click this to turn it on and now when you mouse over a map contact - it will tell you ship speed
Old 09-28-11, 02:08 PM   #227
Halface
Bosun

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 0

Thank you very much :-)
Halface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 01:29 AM   #228
Halface
Bosun

Evrything workes good...but new problem..i set the reealisem in option..do the turutoial..then start campaign...out in of kiel perfectly...but...i kinda noticed no full gone battery didt go down..ets....and when i wnt in option setting and locked in the bunker it was like set to easy........how do i change and get the realisem lvl i like
Old 09-29-11, 07:14 AM   #229
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halface View Post
Evrything workes good...but new problem..i set the reealisem in option..do the turutoial..then start campaign...out in of kiel perfectly...but...i kinda noticed no full gone battery didt go down..ets....and when i wnt in option setting and locked in the bunker it was like set to easy........how do i change and get the realisem lvl i like
Change the game settings when you are in the bunker.
Press esc and goto options
Select gameplay
tick boxes (fuel etc)
click apply
save game
Old 09-29-11, 05:40 PM   #230
Halface
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Change the game settings when you are in the bunker.
Press esc and goto options
Select gameplay
tick boxes (fuel etc)
click apply
save game

i did that...but when i got back it was back to easy again...

Last edited by Halface; 09-29-11 at 06:49 PM. Reason: meh i start on new lol ...than you for help Trevally
Old 10-12-11, 02:39 PM   #231
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

I would like to thank my Kiel Harbor Pilot for saving me COUNTLESS HOURS of time trying to navigate through the Canal while using Real Navigation. Brilliant mod, thanks sooo much for this Trevally!

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 02:45 PM   #232
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
I would like to thank my Kiel Harbor Pilot for saving me COUNTLESS HOURS of time trying to navigate through the Canal while using Real Navigation. Brilliant mod, thanks sooo much for this Trevally!
Thanks Kylania

My part was easy - It was TDW that did all the hard work adding the navigation commands to his UI
Old 10-12-11, 02:51 PM   #233
kylania
Silent Hunter

Your scripts and his new alarm clock has really been the push to get me to embrace 100% realism (well, 89% - loves me some external camera and stabilized view is the only way I can see things!).

Thanks TDW!

Old 10-12-11, 03:55 PM   #234
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

And my Pilot v.2.8 played a little joke. That happened after passing the Kiel channel already in the gulf where German destroyers are patroling the area (almost before the end of Pilots mission). When enclosing to one of the destroyers I recieved the message that both AI's are in contact now, the destroyer just stopped, and my Pilot just reduced speed up to 1-2 knots and TC from 32 to 1, but didn't change my course and have been slightly driving me just into the port side of the standing destroyer. I was curious and just watched what will happen, but when the distance between U-boat and ship was appr. 10 m I understood that miracle should not happens and ordered 'full reverse' manually (my balls are not as cool as they were dozen of years before).

I think that case was the only mistake of my Pilot, or that was the mistake of destroer's AIcaptain, and I hope BDU should clean up his RAM a little bit after that accident.

If serious the mod is great and the only thing to be desired is to make this automation 'loadable' in case the game could be saved with working Harbour Pilot and then loaded and continued with it running from the savepoint. Not sure it is posiible by now
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 03:57 PM   #235
kylania
Silent Hunter

Ahh, yeah. With MO loaded there was always a small minesweeper at the beginning I had to manually rudder around. This was always a problem since every single campaign I've started recently breaks my dials and clock till I save/reload, so I had to settle for just plowing into the poor guy. Didn't take any damage.

I also run into the destroyer you're talking about at the end of the run every time. I usually catch it early enough to be able to 5 degree to one side to avoid it.

Old 10-12-11, 04:10 PM   #236
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
If serious the mod is great and the only thing to be desired is to make this automation 'loadable' in case the game could be saved with working Harbour Pilot and then loaded and continued with it running from the savepoint. Not sure it is posiible by now
IIRC this should be happening already. If you have a harbor pilot script running in Automation and you exit the game then reload the game again it should automatically restart the harbor pilot. Is this not happening?

Now if you're saving a game then 'opening' up another save game it won't do this. It only applies if you save and exit and then reload the game.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 04:35 PM   #237
vlad29
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
IIRC this should be happening already. If you have a harbor pilot script running in Automation and you exit the game then reload the game again it should automatically restart the harbor pilot. Is this not happening?

Now if you're saving a game then 'opening' up another save game it won't do this. It only applies if you save and exit and then reload the game.
Just tried to start the campaign> enable pilot> saved game>quit to Windows>loaded game>Pilot is not running
May be I should enable this automation one more time after loading, and it will start counting the route correctly
Old 10-12-11, 05:25 PM   #238
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Just tried to start the campaign> enable pilot> saved game>quit to Windows>loaded game>Pilot is not running
May be I should enable this automation one more time after loading, and it will start counting the route correctly
I'm looking it over currently....
Old 10-12-11, 05:29 PM   #239
vlad29
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I'm looking it over currently....
Re-Enabling Pilot in automation window when loading saved game do not work well also
Old 10-12-11, 05:36 PM   #240
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Yes it should re-enable any scripts you previously had running. There is a file located in your SH5 install path named ActiveAutomationScripts.TDW. If you open it up it will show you which scripts you had enabled before shutting the game down.

What does this file show?

It's also best to run DbgView before starting game as there is information related to this output by the mod

EDIT:

think I found an error in my TDWFileUtils.dll file that would cause this to happen.....

EDIT2:

yep, sure did. Patch 1 for NewUIs_TDC v6.8.0 will be available here very shortly

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 10-12-11 at 06:14 PM.