SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-14-12, 09:14 PM   #931
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

@TDW,

One more thing "Material" related. I was tryiing to change my Rod antenna texture to avoid that feeling that it is the "same as periscopes" but obviously that material/texture is used for a lot of others sensors objects. So i need to change the attached Material (or must be able to create a new one ) to the round antena. This way i can use a exclusive texture only for it. But as it is now GR2 Editor don´t allow me to do this "simple" task. Any idea? Am i doing something wrong?
Old 03-15-12, 02:25 AM   #932
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
You can maximise the windows , But this is true, that if we could minimize the bottom menu, it would be cool
You can now. It was an excellent idea btw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Today i was tring to change the light/texture of the light bulbs inside rooms (they are always white day and night...with all that red light!). Found the bone, the mesh, the texture (seems that sh5 uses a empty one as in Sh3)...but was not able to put selflights on them (emissive propertiy?).
Sh3 also have empty texture for light bulbs but with S3d we can add emissive property and change the light colour. Probably this is also the same on Sh5, but seems that GR2 editor yet don´t allow me to change these properties?
A material properties node has been added to those materials that have diffuse, ambient, and specular colors. Emissive is a special one and needs a 1 set to a specific ExtendedData entry in order to use it. Hover over the material properties node and the tooltip will tell you which one it is

Double click a material prop (diffuse, ambient, etc) to edit color. You will be shown a color dialog to choose the color wanted

In this new test version I fixed many errors in rendering, specifically when the device was lost and rest. I also fixed the remaining errors in the linked in files rendering (LNK@ entries).

test version 1.1.110.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?2kz2cl03vp6duck

@Rubini - you can assign completely new textures to materials. Simply double click the texture node to select the new file for the texture. BIGREG can tell you all about it

TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 01:11 PM   #933
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

Hi TDW

Great the full screen

Rubini : For the texture use in SH5 ,UbiSoft have make it to bad
and I am sure, there are textures allocation errors in .GR2

The only way I found to change just one mesh texture,this is to use the "suffix" of the camouflage used
but, no choice of the mesh to be altered, it's like the lotto !
I tried with the texture of the navigation map and only this one in the control room changes and the problem with this tricks is to make as many textures as camouflage

Other way is to able to change just the texture of the mesh needed without change the other in the "tree" Please TDW

Edit : For the errors one exemple

If you change the diffuse map of the mesh you want , all works fine
(see in the "Meshes" menu -> select the Mesh->Subset->material and look in material to know how to "map number" is used)

But if you change the BumpMap ( relief ) in the editor you get not see the new one ,but just a "flat" one or not be loaded and when you look again in the menu "Meshes" the "material" is present !?
But that work ingame and in the goblin editor

Re-Edit : The next error is the "first" part of the material write in the .GR2 ( see with Hex editing ( Me ,i use just Notepad+ ) The name of "3DSMax" appears !
Half of the material are (to see) used to export to 3DSMax, or import ? and not used in game

Oher thing , For the Light texture,this is not a "normal" texture ! This is a Light texture !
The only software that I got through to open this damn texture , it is with 3DSMax 2010 ! transparent ,but light preset is present for it ,and i have not found how to save this texture into 3DSMax

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok

Last edited by BIGREG; 03-15-12 at 02:19 PM.
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 02:51 PM   #934
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

@TDW:
Thanks for this new version.
Here some feedback:

1. the full screen is very good addtion but it is yet bit slow to go full/UI when a heavy file is loaded. Also I noticed that the help menu is gone (when pressing "H")

2. the new material's edition isn't available for that light bulb issue. It continues without possibility to edit/change/add anything. I tried to use a new real dds texture for bec_submarine.dds (so, no changes on .GR2 files at all). The game reads it but it loss the light emission...then probably the light emission/color for this material is yet hidden somewhere.

3.About to change a texture (now the rod antenna issue), it don't work because a lot of others objects uses the same material/texture. What need to be made here is to change/create a new material only for the rod antenna.
Old 03-15-12, 03:31 PM   #935
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
@TDW:
Thanks for this new version.
Here some feedback:

1. the full screen is very good addtion but it is yet bit slow to go full/UI when a heavy file is loaded. Also I noticed that the help menu is gone (when pressing "H")

2. the new material's edition isn't available for that light bulb issue. It continues without possibility to edit/change/add anything. I tried to use a new real dds texture for bec_submarine.dds (so, no changes on .GR2 files at all). The game reads it but it loss the light emission...then probably the light emission/color for this material is yet hidden somewhere.

3.About to change a texture (now the rod antenna issue), it don't work because a lot of others objects uses the same material/texture. What need to be made here is to change/create a new material only for the rod antenna.
1) There are two reasons why this is slow: 1) this is a managed app (C#) so there is overhead on everything and 2) when you elect to hide the UI the 'device' is 'lost' and thus has to be 'reset'. Once 'lost' all textures, meshes, basically anything in video memory has to be recreated (device reset). It's this recreating of everything that is really slowing everything down. Help menu should still work - I tested that many times using different combinations of full screen/normal screen UI hidden/not hidden to ensure it worked. You'll have to give me a step by step of what you did so I can try and recreate the problem.

2) I'm not sure why. Which material is this? What file do I need to open to see this?

3) I just coded in cloning of bones so next on list is adding/cloning new materials
Old 03-15-12, 03:35 PM   #936
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Other way is to able to change just the texture of the mesh needed without change the other in the "tree" Please TDW

I don't understand the above

Edit : For the errors one exemple

If you change the diffuse map of the mesh you want , all works fine
(see in the "Meshes" menu -> select the Mesh->Subset->material and look in material to know how to "map number" is used)

But if you change the BumpMap ( relief ) in the editor you get not see the new one ,but just a "flat" one or not be loaded and when you look again in the menu "Meshes" the "material" is present !?
But that work ingame and in the goblin editor

Are you saying you found a bug? Tell me which file and give me a step by step procedure of what you did so I can try and recreate the problem

Re-Edit : The next error is the "first" part of the material write in the .GR2 ( see with Hex editing ( Me ,i use just Notepad+ ) The name of "3DSMax" appears !
Half of the material are (to see) used to export to 3DSMax, or import ? and not used in game

Once again don't understand

Oher thing , For the Light texture,this is not a "normal" texture ! This is a Light texture !
The only software that I got through to open this damn texture , it is with 3DSMax 2010 ! transparent ,but light preset is present for it ,and i have not found how to save this texture into 3DSMax

What is this texture's name and in which file is it located?
see above in yellow
Old 03-15-12, 04:07 PM   #937
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
1) There are two reasons why this is slow: 1) this is a managed app (C#) so there is overhead on everything and 2) when you elect to hide the UI the 'device' is 'lost' and thus has to be 'reset'. Once 'lost' all textures, meshes, basically anything in video memory has to be recreated (device reset). It's this recreating of everything that is really slowing everything down. Help menu should still work - I tested that many times using different combinations of full screen/normal screen UI hidden/not hidden to ensure it worked. You'll have to give me a step by step of what you did so I can try and recreate the problem.

2) I'm not sure why. Which material is this? What file do I need to open to see this?

3) I just coded in cloning of bones so next on list is adding/cloning new materials
Thanks again by the reply!

1.I will look again at the "H" key/help on screen issue. On the anterior version it was working. But you know...isn't the first time that in the end I found something messed at my end, so hold on!

2.The files in question:Room_CR.GR2, bone CR_bec_sticla, matetrial 4-Default, cfg#498, bec_submarine.dds. (IIRC - I'm at my work now - anyway this bone only have one material attached to it)

3.Will be a great advance to we edit/change/add material and textures on SH5 models!
Old 03-15-12, 10:32 PM   #938
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

test version 1.1.112.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?n9unlfo3vc5am6j

Enter key does nothing anymore. I have taken the app into the modern area as far as windows is concerned - context menu strips (These are those menus that appear when you right click on things). Now what you used to use enter for you right click and select what you want to do (tooltips have been revised and added as needed). This applies to the main render window also. If you have an item selected in the render window you can right click to see what options you have.

Fixed more PInvoke errors (those that I have found/encountered while using the app). These PInvoke 'errors' are because I took the app multi-threaded many versions ago.

Cloning of bones has been added. The new bone will be a clone of the original except:
- it's extendeddata will only be MaxProperties data
- it's name will default to the original bone's name + _clone. You are free to change the name to whatever you want after it's created

To clone a bone:
- select bone from Bones treeview
- File-->Clone-->Bone (I'll add a context menu strip item for this in the Bones treeview in next version)
- edit bone name if wanted

Old 03-16-12, 01:09 AM   #939
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

Hi

What is this texture's name and in which file is it located ? i talking about the bec_submarine.dds

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-12, 02:22 AM   #940
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

test version 1.1.114.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?19vtglwls1bwvql

You can now add new textures (File-->New-->Texture)

To change a material's texture:
- select material's Texture in materials tab
- right click and select 'Select new Texture from avaible textures'

@BIGREG - I'll look into the above tomorrow
Old 03-16-12, 05:34 AM   #941
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Cloning of bones has been added.
Much awaited! Thank you!
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-12, 12:19 PM   #942
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Here some quick feedback on your last version 114:

1. The "H" help key contend works at first but continues not be showing after you hide/show UI.

2. The clone bone function works, but not for the bone that i´m working on!!. Confirm here: file Rom_CR.gr2, bone CR_bec_sticla. It gives a error and stop the GR2 editor.

3. To solve the light bulb and the rod antenna issue (that i´m working on) we need to have the hability to add/delete a material for a bone. As it is now i can only change names (material and textures) but not really "edit" the material for a bone.

4. I can´t open the file UBoot_Sensors.GR2 without an error and automatically close of GR2 editor.
It says: "extendeddata unknown x is not 0x0!" (where x = 1, 2, 3...etc)

Last edited by Rubini; 03-16-12 at 01:50 PM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-12, 02:07 PM   #943
Vanilla
Lieutenant

'New->Bone' stopped doing anything for me (the skeleton is selected). My bad?

When panning view with the RMB 'Edit' context menu always appears when you release right button, makes zooming a bit clumsy.
Old 03-16-12, 04:15 PM   #944
Vanilla
Lieutenant

It is getting buisier in the Unteroffizierenraum (or how this room is called?).

Old 03-17-12, 03:24 AM   #945
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
1. The "H" help key contend works at first but continues not be showing after you hide/show UI.

2. The clone bone function works, but not for the bone that i´m working on!!. Confirm here: file Rom_CR.gr2, bone CR_bec_sticla. It gives a error and stop the GR2 editor.

3. To solve the light bulb and the rod antenna issue (that i´m working on) we need to have the hability to add/delete a material for a bone. As it is now i can only change names (material and textures) but not really "edit" the material for a bone.

4. I can´t open the file UBoot_Sensors.GR2 without an error and automatically close of GR2 editor.
It says: "extendeddata unknown x is not 0x0!" (where x = 1, 2, 3...etc)
1. will look into it

2. will check them out

3. You can add new textures. I'll work on adding new materials in the upcoming days

4. I broke extendeddata again I'll look into it