SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-08, 03:43 PM   #751
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

This is a “WARNING” to all RSRDC V395 users:

There is a bug in the CrewMember.upc files of RFB 1.5 that causes SH4 to CTD during a SpecOps Mission. The problem happens when the system gives you the prompt to launch the “life raft” during a re-supply mission. Therefore if you are assign a “SpecOps” mission from RSRDC, “reject” the mission for the time being until this problem can be corrected

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 05-23-08 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-23-08, 06:30 PM   #752
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1

rgr

Old 05-23-08, 08:18 PM   #753
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdavis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by akdavis
The Antenna Bearing Indicator above the A-scope is not really usable due to some overlapping parts:

Would be great if that could be fixed, as it is very helpful for taking bearings while using the A-scope.
What sub are you using with this device and what is the year that you've seen this overlapping image? Probably can be fixed with a resize, but I need to compare the dials first.
I've tested all subs in the 1943 "Sea Trials" mission. I've tried starting with SJ and SJ-1 radar on the same sub in the same year, and I took a sampling of different subs starting in different years. Problem is present in all cases. I see no difference of any sort in that particular part between any of the subs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paajtor
In the meantime, you can try to overcome this issue, by using the free camera (Shift+F2), and travel to the device, and get a better viewing angle this way.
Well, RFB defaults to free cam, and that is how I took the close-up screenshot above. Viewing angle makes no difference as the "parts" are tightly overlapped.
Ok , so the image comes up with the 1943 "Sea Trials" mission. I'll try to replicate and compare the size of the images to stock. Should be do able.

For those interested, we have narrowed down the culprit file for the torpedo firing problem with a "saved, then reloaded game". It's just a matter of changing a file enough to correct the torpedo specifications within real life parameters, yet have it compatible with Silent Hunter to have it work seamlessly in all aspects of the game. We are very close to having this problem behind us.

RFB Team Member

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
Old 05-24-08, 12:32 AM   #754
TopcatWA
Navy Dude

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0
Default Torpedo Problem

Further update on my torpedo veering off target problem. The 2nd war patrol seemed to work ok with all torpedoes finding their target with a couple of duds reported. I'm now on my third war patrol based out of Fremantle & on patrol in the Celebes Sea choke point (11th.April1942). First target sunk OK. When setting up second target & firing torpedoes it appears that the veering off problem has re-occurred. I have dud torpedoes enabled & was wondering if this is part of the program where initially some MK.14 torpedoes did have faults around that time & this is written into the program. I fired 4 - mk.14 torps & they all veered off target soon after leaving the tube? With all the RFB patches (i.e.RFB patch 05108 & RFB TorpedoPatch 051908) is there a set order to install these mod patches? Perhaps I've installed it incorrectly & this is causing the problem???
P.S. I have not installed the 05108 patch at present.
03.Sobers_Better_Rocks & Sand
04.Small_Nav_Tools_w_Chrono
05.Brit_MkVIII_US_Mk28_Torps
06.ROW Sound effects.v.9/Enviromental 5.0
O/S Win10 Pro 64-Bit/Intel 64xQuad Core
CPU i7-4790+3.60 Ghz 32gig RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX-1650 Ti

Last edited by TopcatWA; 05-24-08 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-24-08, 04:21 AM   #755
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddals
With all the RFB patches (i.e.RFB patch 05108 & RFB TorpedoPatch 051908) is there a set order to install these mod patches? Perhaps I've installed it incorrectly & this is causing the problem???
P.S. I have not installed the 05108 patch at present.

Yes, there is. I don't have access to the first post of this thread, so I can't make the initial post any clearer then it is. The "Main RFB File" is currently dated 051408, make sure you have this file in your JSGME for activation. Remove all others that are not named "RFB_v1.5_051408". The most recent "RFB Patch" that is linked in the first post is named "RFB_ Patch_052108". This patch is cumulative with several changes put together. So the correct activation order of RFB 1.5 in JSGME is:

RFB_v1.5_051408
RFB_Patch_052108

Since we are working on several outstanding issues at present we will undoubtedly have another patch with a more recent date forthcoming.

RFB Team Member

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
Old 05-24-08, 09:35 AM   #756
TopcatWA
Navy Dude

Downloads: 36

Capt. Scurvy quoted:
"Yes, there is. I don't have access to the first post of this thread, so I can't make the initial post any clearer then it is. The "Main RFB File" is currently dated 051408, make sure you have this file in your JSGME for activation. Remove all others that are not named "RFB_v1.5_051408". The most recent "RFB Patch" that is linked in the first post is named "RFB_ Patch_052108". This patch is cumulative with several changes put together. So the correct activation order of RFB 1.5 in JSGME is:

RFB_v1.5_051408
RFB_Patch_052108

Since we are working on several outstanding issues at present we will undoubtedly have another patch with a more recent date forthcoming.

RFB Team Member[/quote]

OK. I assume RFB patch 052108 incorporates the earlier torpedo patch so I will delete that one from my Mod list. Thanks for the reply. Cheers.
03.Sobers_Better_Rocks & Sand
04.Small_Nav_Tools_w_Chrono
05.Brit_MkVIII_US_Mk28_Torps
06.ROW Sound effects.v.9/Enviromental 5.0
O/S Win10 Pro 64-Bit/Intel 64xQuad Core
CPU i7-4790+3.60 Ghz 32gig RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX-1650 Ti
Old 05-26-08, 12:11 AM   #757
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

Well, bummer - finally downloaded the 1.5 add-on, installed it on a fresh clean copy of 1.4, then installed the latest PE and RFB (at least I think they're the latest, based on the first posts in the threads), and went out for a spin with my usual testbed (Salmon class out of Cavite in Dec. 1941)

Everything looked good and I was checking out all the new stuff in the add-on when I clicked the "Battlestations" order bar button by mistake. After checking the crew compartment screen to see what effect BS had on compartment efficiency bars, I clicked the Battlestations order bar button again to have everybody stand down and BOOM - CTD

Running a bare minimum of mods for this early testing, as follows:

Tried re-booting, starting game again, starting a new career (same boat type and date) - this time I tried it just as I was leaving Cavite instead of a couple of days out - same result - immediate CTD when pressing button to turn off Battlestations while looking at the crew management screen.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

[edit] - looks like it's something in RFB - when I backed out the 3 RFB mods above and tried again, no CTD with just the PE mods loaded. I'll try loading in the RFB files one at a time now to see which one seems to trigger it.

[edit] - OK - seems to be isolated to something in the RFB German Audio Files module - worked fine with each of the first 2 RFB files put back, but CTD'd in exactly the same way once I loaded the German audio files module back in.

[edit] - looks like the culprit is the following file in the RFB German Audio files mod: Submarine_GQ_secure_battle_stations_INT.wav - When I removed that from the mod it no longer gives a CTD when securing from battlestations. Now sure what's different about that file, but hopefully it can be fixed without too much trouble.

Last edited by panthercules; 05-26-08 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-26-08, 12:51 PM   #758
Maltro
Soundman

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustahl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltro
A last one... What can I do if I want to keep the stock visual effects for sub, contacts ect on the nav map please ? Sorry I am not a good modder...
If, as I think, you mean the blue & red contact markers on the nav map with direction tails, the solution would be to temporarily disable the mod and remove following items from the mod:

data\menu\gui/contline.dds
data\menu/\gui/Dashline.dds

The above should bring back everything except the ship silhuettes. In order to get the ship silhuettes back, too, go to the data\sea folder, search and delete the *_shp.dds files in each sub folder (I have 144 sub folders, yours may vary).

After the above is done, re-enable the mod, and the stock contact markers should be back.

Additionally, if you want to make sure to also have the stock contact symbols for aircraft, ship destroyed, land contact etc., you can easily make a little mod by making a copy of following folder of the stock game: data\menu\gui\units. Save that folder (with the path) into a new mod folder, say "stock contact marker". Then enable this new mod (stock contact marker\data\menu\gui\units) with JSGME after the big mod, and you should have back all stock contact markers, which however reduces the aspect of increased reality in the big mod.
Thank you very much for your help I will try your first tips and if I fail will try the second. I didn't know where to find this files. Thank you !

Old 05-26-08, 02:41 PM   #759
Weather-guesser
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72

Hey RFB Team,
Great job guys. I just make sure I don't save a patrol now unless I'm on my way home until the mk 14 issue gets fixed.

Question: The sub creaking noises seem very faint when I took both the P and GAR class down to crush depth. I didn't even think they were there until I heard them with AVG's internal sound since it toned down the interior backround noise. Were the creaking sounds turned way down on purpose?

Mod setup
1.NSM4 Classic
2.ROW-PE 3.
3.RFB v.1.5_051408
4.RFB_Patch_052108
5.RSRDC_RFBv15_V395_RC5
6.AVG's modified interior sub sound

I tested this in NSM's test mission and in regular campaign

NAVY! It's not just a job. It's a Buck Seventy-Five an hour!

Last edited by Weather-guesser; 05-26-08 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-26-08, 05:53 PM   #760
RFB Team
SH4 Mod Team

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercules
[edit] - looks like the culprit is the following file in the RFB German Audio files mod: Submarine_GQ_secure_battle_stations_INT.wav - When I removed that from the mod it no longer gives a CTD when securing from battlestations. Now sure what's different about that file, but hopefully it can be fixed without too much trouble.
Found out what the problem is - stand by for a fix.

EDIT: do realize, you are NOT supposed to run the German audio files mod when playing a German career. It's in the first post of this thread.

The RFB team is an open group and our work is open to anyone. Although we have a separate forum for development and testing, it is not a private forum, so you can drop in and see what's going on or contribute. The forum is open to other developers that need a place to exchange ideas too.

http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php...647a9120c08614
Old 05-26-08, 06:01 PM   #761
RFB Team
SH4 Mod Team

Updated German audio files posted

All,

Please re-download the German Audio Files pack from the first post in this thread. It fixes a problem with one of the audio files causing the Game to CTD when securing from General Quarters.

The RFB team is an open group and our work is open to anyone. Although we have a separate forum for development and testing, it is not a private forum, so you can drop in and see what's going on or contribute. The forum is open to other developers that need a place to exchange ideas too.

Old 05-26-08, 09:23 PM   #762
RFB Team
SH4 Mod Team

New Patch Uploaded

Important patch update:

http://dodownload.filefront.com/1036...d5d22a495dce12

This file fixes the CTD that would happen when trying to launch a supply boat with American special ops missions. Enable it on top of any other RFB patches you may have installed.

Old 05-27-08, 03:04 PM   #763
vanjast
Sea Lord

Downloads: 801
Uploads: 4

@ RFB Team...
Are we finished with all the big file mods, and only small overlay patches coming up ?

Asking as I'm waiting for the 'final' big file download/update before I continue..

Thanks for the great stuff

Der Van
Old 05-27-08, 05:14 PM   #764
RFB Team
SH4 Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanjast
@ RFB Team...
Are we finished with all the big file mods, and only small overlay patches coming up ?

Asking as I'm waiting for the 'final' big file download/update before I continue..

Thanks for the great stuff

Der Van
Once we have fixed the torpedo problem, we will most likely re-release 1.5 as a whole, so people don't have to overlay patches on top of the main file.

Old 05-27-08, 05:21 PM   #765
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Sounds like a plan.
Closed Thread