SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-09-11, 12:51 PM   #436
marleymen
Planesman

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Cerberus Aditional Ships aren´t too. I think they are in the supermod because i have seen a .txt from them.

*TDW, take a look at what ACDSoft made to W_Clear´s job. I´m using it with no CTD.
marleymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 01:14 PM   #437
James Cook
Seaman

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
I think you should consider trying the mod d3d_antilag101.zip
Download it here http://www.filefront.com/user/BadgerFinn

Follow the instructions provided and put the two files (antilag.cfg and antilag.cfg) in your C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter file (where the sh5.exe is).

The antilag.cfg can you tweak to your taste but I'd suggest you at first try this:
RenderAheadLimit=2
FPSlimit=35

Of course you can try other settings but these work smoothly!

thank you very much. looks like it works out for me!

James Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 01:33 PM   #438
MRGreeny74
Swabbie

Downloads: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
So how is everyone's framerates (fps) ? I included the high res version of SteelViking's shadow mod which can be a real frame killer on some computers. Do I need to step it down to his low res version?
i7-870
480 GTX
Windows 7 x64
6 GB 1033 Dual-Channel

Anything runs fine except the damn explosions (Framerate drops from 60 with V-Synch ON to the lowest 25 FPS ). Maybe not a reference system for all users but just a simple feedback from my system.

Thank you very much for all your hard work.
MRGreeny74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 01:38 PM   #439
Capt Sinbad
Loader

Downloads: 24

downloaded it, patched it and installed it. I am utterley blown away!! TDW you are amazing my friend. It truly is a mega-mod

ps anyone know how to turn the sound up on my gramaphone? it's very quiet and i want to enjoy some classical music whilst in action. The sound of the game is no problem.

cheers
Capt Sinbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 02:38 PM   #440
Chrisi078
A-ganger

Downloads: 57

Silent hunter 5 crashes with the mod
Chrisi078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 02:45 PM   #441
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisi078 View Post
Silent hunter 5 crashes with the mod
We need a little more detail than this. When does it crash? What was happening when it crashed? Details, we need details
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 03:29 PM   #442
antier
Watch

Downloads: 254
Default Magnum Opus v0.0.2 by TheDarkWraith : bye bye fps !

Installed today the Magnum Opus v0.0.2 by TheDarkWraith (with patch)...

FPS are dramatically down to 10 instead of 90 with all "classical" mods installed (included TDW NewUis 6_2_3) !

Something is going wrong for me with this MegaMod ! But impossible to say where is located the problem

Edit : 8 Go Ram, intel Core Extreme QX9650, ATI 5870, Vista 64,...
antier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 03:38 PM   #443
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by antier View Post
Installed today the Magnum Opus v0.0.2 by TheDarkWraith (with patch)...

FPS are dramatically down to 10 instead of 90 with all "classical" mods installed (included TDW NewUis 6_2_3) !

Something is going wrong for me with this MegaMod ! But impossible to say where is located the problem

Edit : 8 Go Ram, intel Core Extreme QX9650, ATI 5870, Vista 64,...
I have SteelViking's high resolution shadow improvement mod enabled in it. That's probably why. I'll be releasing another patch here soon that will provide more options
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 04:20 PM   #444
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The IRAI part of this mod will challenge you

So how is everyone's framerates (fps)? I included the high res version of SteelViking's shadow mod which can be a real frame killer on some computers. Do I need to step it down to his low res version?
No good for me.
Unstable 10-15 at port. At open sea about 60-70/from 20 to 70/Both jumping, probably CPU tacting Low end desktop. No AA, no AF. Shadows in the game at half, terrain details the same.

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 04:49 PM   #445
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36

OK, i've had a good bash at this now by starting my first campaign. Because i've not played SH5 until now, i cant compare it to original, but now i've got a feel fo the difference in controls to SH3/4 i think its great!!

I have everything maxed out both in game and via Nvidia control panel, and @1920x1200 res im getting approx 45-80+Fps (depending on where im at) with my Q9550@3950 and GTX570, so yea its all smooth for me!

I have a couple of niggling issues and a few questions.....

1. PLease..PLEASE, stop the man saying "Were in shallow waters sir" every 1-2min for the entire duration from Keil to North sea entrance!!!, I know were in shallow waters, because i decided to go there!! and the flashing shallow water icon is more than sufficient. If like me you play at least 2hours of real time travel each day, it becomes game destroying.

2. As suggested by others, i think the campaign tonnage expectency is to high and should be reduced.....to coincide with a more realistic amount of encounters with the enemy. i.e reduced to real levels!

I also have a few questions....

1. Luckily, i have'nt encountered the enemy yet as i have not the faintest idea on how to find its range / speed....despite all the manual TDC dials, there does'nt seem to be the option to use a Stadimeter / speed solution as per SH3/4 ???

2. I notice (unbeliveably) you dont get assigned a U-boat number when starting a campaign, however, i did spot one top left of the Captins log page (I think), is this your doing?, im guessing there random? and thanks if this is the case.

3. I notice when talking with the crew, that some dialog is locked out and red. i.e The radio man has the option of being asked "Try to catch some news on the radio", which would be great if it worked.

Apart from the said issues/questions all is great for me so far with no crashes either.

Thanks
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 05:18 PM   #446
BigBANGtheory
Officer

Downloads: 98

I am seeing the rear splash/spray effect on the back of the conning tower instead of behind the propellors. I am not sure if this is by design I am not used to seeing it there and thought it worth mentioning.

FPS rate looked fairly normal to me, I do not use the DX9 framerate tweak as yet.
BigBANGtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 05:36 PM   #447
panosrxo
Planesman

Downloads: 115

One question regarding radio messages:
I received one, coming from a ship saying it lost a propeler. The message gives the location of the ship. If I go there, will I find it??
panosrxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 05:47 PM   #448
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341
I`m on the crash course!

So... this is really surprised me Almost... almost! This is Brunstbuttel, am I right? So where is it exactly. Oh my God...
I passed this way... I`m not sure how many times (Opus Magnum Mod of course) and I see it the first time! Previously, I had a collision with another ship. Harbour Pilot failed this time. After loading the game from autosave plotted new course and I see it...

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\Games\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1_Patch_1.0

Anybody noticed that?

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 05:48 PM   #449
Chrisi078
A-ganger

Downloads: 57

when starting a mission or career, I still ended up on the desktop with no error meltung
Chrisi078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 06:20 PM   #450
marleymen
Planesman

Downloads: 123

@TDW How about adding to "Magnus Opus" Critical Hits Mod (for Torpedos and Deck gun) ?

Take a look:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=critical+hits

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=critical+hits

And another request, A fistfull of emblems.

And a question, wich files should I delete to return to original NavMap? I don´t like how it looks. Thanks.

Thanks for your patience
marleymen is offline   Reply With Quote