SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-20-08, 03:59 AM   #46
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbac
You're most welcome Jimbuna.
Everytime I load GWX and carry on my patrol, I thank the GWX team and modders for the tremendous gaming experience !
Sometimes I feel like it would be so great to really meet you guys
We should rent a pub at the crossroads of states, countries or continents and have a huge fiesta there with all Kaleuns

Barbac
I don't know where your from Barbac......but that get-together is precisely what the GWX team would like to see happen as well.

One day it may well come to fruition.....in the meantime, some of us hope to finally meet in person at this years SubSim meeting.

It'll be great to be able to meet people from this wonderful community in real life
I was just imagining something in my mind right now, decided to post. I've imagined a party, more like a reunion with drinks and beer, and lots of unknown people, each with sticky tags on the shirt, saying "Jimbuna" or "Sailor Steve" or "Philipp Thomsen" and then you get in a circle of 4 or 5 guys drinking and laughing, and you look on someone's shirt and recognize a nickname, the joy comes "HEEEEEEY, YOU'RE RACERBOY, GOOD TO FINALLY MEET YOU ", and then someone just recognize you as well. Boy, sure it would be very good. I would travell from Brazil to the states just to be in this party. Makes me smile to the monitor just to imagine all this...
You should get yourself to the 2008 SubSim meeting in October

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 01:24 PM   #47
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbac
Lo guys,

@ Sailor Steve
I have finally removed the other sound mods and enabled yours only but no way, cannot hear any of your sounds except for the stock/GWX original ones that play as usual. Like Gairith, I can hear them, all of them when using VLC but not in the game so I guess it is not a sound mods conflict I am dealing with.
Anyway, I will carry on explore any possibility though I cannot afford a complete fresh new install and loose all my previous and hard won patrols
Btw, thx for your help in this matter Sailor Steve.

Barbac
I can't figure out what might be wrong. I'm don't have any patrols right now, so I will test different configurations.
Old 03-20-08, 03:42 PM   #48
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
for the crew voice DB files there are remeber several randomly chosen sets of voice files i think..perhaps they need to be installed into all the voice sets??

\SilentHunterIII\data\Sound\Speech_En

perhaps one was missed?

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 05:32 PM   #49
Tango589
Still crazy as ever!

Downloads: 180
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gairith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango589
Hi Steve. I have d/loaded and installed your DBSM and it sounds great, apart from the fact I do not hear the cheers whe a torp strikes. I have installed your extra 'cheers' files and installed them for WaO_P, WaO_K and WaO_S and have listened to them using Audacity to make sure they are there, but do not get them in the game. I have only tried it in Naval Academy so far, is it a campaign specific sound only?

Grateful for any help.

Tango589
I do not think the cheers play in Academy.

It turns out you are right! Just sunk a small cargo ship for 2950 tonnes at midnight (thanks to OLC'S Environment mod, which meant I could actually see at night!) and got the crew cheering upon torp strike. Then set about it with the deck gun for the hell of it and got more cheering when she went down. Also got some wierd feedback-type sound (all squeaks and shreeks), don't know what that was about, will have to investigate tomorrow.

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Tango589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 06:26 PM   #50
Gairith
Planesman

Downloads: 4

Quote:
It turns out you are right! Just sunk a small cargo ship for 2950 tonnes at midnight (thanks to OLC'S Environment mod, which meant I could actually see at night!) and got the crew cheering upon torp strike. Then set about it with the deck gun for the hell of it and got more cheering when she went down. Also got some wierd feedback-type sound (all squeaks and shreeks), don't know what that was about, will have to investigate tomorrow.
First Officer - "You hear that? That's the bulkheads collapsing."

GWX 2.1 - SH3 Commander 3.2 - OLC Ubermod 2.4.2
-
DiD

Last edited by Gairith; 03-20-08 at 06:37 PM.
Gairith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-08, 07:25 PM   #51
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
I just discovered there might be some interference if you're using GWX. I used the cheering sounds for the Torpedo Hit files, and they used the same sounds for the ONO_Cheers files, so you might hear the same file twice sometimes. The more I think about it, the more I like their idea better.

And Gairith is right: what you're hearing there is the sinking ship being crushed as it goes down. Some of it even sounds like woman singing...or a ghost. It sound's pretty much like descriptions of the real thing.
Old 03-20-08, 08:05 PM   #52
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quite eerie sounding somrtimes

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-08, 12:34 PM   #53
Tango589
Still crazy as ever!

Downloads: 180
Uploads: 1

The sound I heard wasn't the haunting sounds of the ship gradually slipping under the waves, but a 'digital squealing' as in lots of very short bursts of notes playing rapidly. This went on for 6-7 secs, so long enough for me to turn my speakers off and on again to see if it was them. I will remove the ONO_Cheers files and see if that helps.

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Tango589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 04:41 AM   #54
Barbac
Helmsman

Downloads: 21

Hi Sailor Steve, hi guys,
I am still unable to use this great sound mod though I'd really like to enjoy it.
When enabling it with JSGME and though I did not experience any CTD, I have never been able to hear the DSBM sounds in game but the usual stock ones only.

NB: In the process descriobed below, I did not consider or change anything to the data/sound/speech.en file as I use German speech only
Am I already wrong at this point ?

Here we go

1- I first made a back up of the GWX2.0 data/sound/speech files (means files 1 to 9 + 6 or 7 individual sound files (.wav files I think) that come with the 9 files
2- I did put the 3 sound files (WaO_P, WaO_K, WaO_S) of the extra "cheers" file and I placed them in each one of the files 1 to 9 as indicated
3- I then replaced all the GWX2.0 data/sound/speech with DSBM ones by overwriting the whole thing
4- Therefore, no need to enable it through JSGME so I loaded the game while in port on my way to a new patrol but this time it resulted in a CTD

As in this case I did used all the DSBM sound files as the main sound source in the GWX2.0 running with a CTD at the end, I do think that there may be one file or more that are corrupted. I am trying to find out why is does not work for me

Regarding to this, did I make something wrong or did I forget something ?

What I could do is just copy and past the DBSM sound files that I would really like to have in game but I cannot be sure that one of them is not the corrupted one

Your help will be very mush appreciated guys cause I run out of idea there
Thx
Barbac
Barbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-08, 10:32 AM   #55
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

I have no idea why that would be. I've been running it with no trouble, and I can't see that you did anything wrong.

Let's start here: did it crash while loading, or during a certain time of gameplay?
Old 03-25-08, 10:51 AM   #56
Barbac
Helmsman

Downloads: 21

Hi Sailor Steve

Thx for the reply Sailor Steve
I had a CTD just after I got the usual black screen and the "Not so long ago"
I was loading my ninth patrol, starting at base in Lorient.
It is a shame I cannot enjoy your mod cause when I listen to the files in your DSBM
folder, they really sound great and surely add something to immersion.
That is why I was thinking about using your sound files one by one (mean overwrite stock ones with yours one by one ) but it is gonna take much time.
Strange thing is that on one hand and through JSGME, I cannot hear any of your sounds but have no CTD and on the other hand I have CTD when overwriting the GWX2.0 data/sound/speech with yours
Does any of the 9 files (1 to 9) contain as many files as the stock ones ?
Btw, you can see there I did not give up

Thx man
Barbac
Barbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-09, 12:31 PM   #57
Schultz
Officer

Downloads: 16

Hello can you put the link again with all those sounds with das boot.Thank you
Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-09, 12:36 PM   #58
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Hi infernos, and WELCOME ABOARD!

I just happen to have it up and ready as we speak...um, write!
http://files.filefront.com/Sailor+St.../fileinfo.html
Old 02-20-09, 01:10 PM   #59
Schultz
Officer

Downloads: 16

And can you tell me where to put them .Thank you
P.S: I know in the sounds files , but just to be sure I don't do somethin wrong, I have read that they work without GFX

Last edited by Schultz; 02-20-09 at 01:35 PM.
Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-09, 04:46 PM   #60
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

First, you'll need 7-zip to open the compressed folder. If you don't already have it, get it here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/

It's the best of its type, and opens other compressed files as well.

It should be JSGME ready (I say "should" because I don't remember and I'm at the library where I can't look at it). If it's not, then yes it goes in the Sound folder.