Frogman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
It probably is more appropriate to post it here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...et-attack.html

_

Original source is from a russian news channel claiming that it was from foreign satellite... absolute silliness and horrible knowledge about military aviation. They claimed first missile was into cockpit followed by gun runs and finally by IR missile.
CptSimFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 05:49 AM   #242
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Did you happen to overread this :

"Evidence Is Now Conclusive: 2 Ukrainian Government Fighter-Jets Did Shoot Down that Malaysian Airliner. No ‘Buk’ Missile Ground-Shot."

http://www.globalresearch.ca/german-...n-mh17/5394111

http://consortiumnews.com/2014/08/03...enario-shifts/

http://my.firedoglake.com/ohiogringo...-flight-mh-17/

B.t.w. this was analyzed by US intelligence, not even russian.

I just wonder why the russians (being officially off the hook so to speak), now present evidence, that it WAS shot down by ground launchers. Why ? More deception ? Or do they just say it, because they have to negate anything the US say ?

Last edited by Catfish; 11-16-14 at 06:00 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 09:31 AM   #243
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
B.t.w. this was analyzed by US intelligence
If you actually believe that I have a bridge in New York you might be interested in buying.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 02:17 AM   #244
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

ikalugin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 05:13 AM   #245
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
I thought you were younger.

So, what is he saying
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-14, 05:35 AM   #246
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
I thought you were younger.

So, what is he saying
I am not on the video.

The man (in the online interview with Sharij) claims that the commonly known -312- (so numbered) Buk-M1 TELAR, which allegedly shot down the Malasian airliner (also SBU - the Ukrainian security agency, claims that it was in the Separatist's hands at the time) was in fact in Loyalist's hands at the moment and was not operational (doe to a break down) and that he himself served on it.
Old 12-16-14, 06:44 AM   #247
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Take that with a grain of salt.

If he really served on that one system at that time, then either the man in the vidoe is a separatist, then his statement that the system was in hands of loyalists and/or was not operational, is not surprising. Or if he is a loyalist - why should he then point fingers at his own camp and let the separatists off the hook?

As I said back then: then the system was moved away soon after the crash, also tells nothing. Even if the owner of that system at that time indeed had not done the shot, he would have gotten out of Dodge due to the storm that meanwhile had formed up in condemnation, he would have rioghtly assumed that since he owns a BUK, he would be accused.

The whole story remains to be completely unclear, and only theories have been formed - all of them unproven.
Old 12-16-14, 06:48 AM   #248
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Take that with a grain of salt.

Either the man in the vidoe is a separatist, then his statement that the system was in hands of loyalists and/or dysfunctional, is not surprising. Or if he is a loyalist - why should he then point fingers at his own camp and let the separatists off the hook?
He is a deserter thus indeed he may have a degree of bias.

In the interview he does not ascertain blame directly (he merely speculates in the end that it was possible that Ukrainian loyalists shot it down), but rather states that during the time period the specific TELAR (the 312) was not in Separatist's hands and was not operational due to a break down.

The reason why this is at all interesting is because SBU has stated that the TELAR was in the Separatist's hands and this is the only TELAR that is said to be in the Separatist's hands at the time (of the shooting). Thus if this was not case (as this man says) then there are no known TELARs in the Separatist's hands at that time, which implies that (most likely) the airliner was not shot down by them.

Nothing conclusive ofcourse, just interesting information worth investigating.
Old 12-23-14, 03:08 PM   #249
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Russia claism to have a new witness confirming that the plane was shot down by an Ukrainian SU-25 by mistake. The witness identifies the name of the pilot and his words after landing, claims the Russian report: "Wrong plane" And "it was in the wrong place at the wrong time".

Russian source, I know I know, and Russia Today is not one of the most unsuspicious there is... And still...

http://rt.com/news/216871-ukraine-military-mh17-report/

On a sidenote, a French author reiterates a theory that the Malaysian plane that went missing in the Indian ocean, had been hijacked, changed course at direction to Diega Garcia and was shot down by American forces when it started to violate defence parameters or the risk for a terror strike against DG was considered to be too high.

---

If both events would be proven to have happened like described above, the Kremlin's propaganda department will have three days of celebrations.
Old 12-23-14, 03:34 PM   #250
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

The german airline captain who saw the wrecked parts, insisted that the jet was shot down with MG fire.
The parts have been shown in the newspaper and on the 'net, and look conclusive.
The black box has been stowed away, and the contents is, according to Frau Merkel, "top secret".

I take it they would luckily publish it and grant free access, had it been Russia.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-15, 03:09 PM   #251
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

So, Russian newspaper "Novaya Gazeta" [known for their opposition-minded, anti-Putin stance] have leaked a document today which they allege is a Russian military investigation of the damage sustained by the aircraft.

http://www.novayagazeta.ru/inquests/68332.html (in Russian)

There are two key findings - firstly that the damage was definitely caused by a "Buk-M1" missile (which creates a very specific damage pattern); secondly that the pattern of fragmentation damage suggests that the missile would have had to arrive at a specific angle, from the right and slightly forward and above the aircraft's flight path, and therefore would have been launched from an area further south of the aircraft than some of the previous alleged launch locations. It does not however make any conclusions about who launched it, although it raises many important questions. It does, however, pretty definitively rule out any other weapons that could have been involved, or most of any other launch areas except a relatively small box to the south.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)

Last edited by CCIP; 05-05-15 at 03:14 PM.
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-15, 03:43 PM   #252
August
Wayfaring Stranger

So I guess the anti-American theories of Skybird and Catfish remain just wishful thinking.

Old 05-05-15, 07:34 PM   #253
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
So I guess the anti-American theories of Skybird and Catfish remain just wishful thinking.
Well, with Skybird they always seemed more anti-Ukrainian theories to me. He seemed to have a pretty strong bias against the current regime in Kiev.

But, as CCIP notes the Russian military don't make any conclusions about who launched it. But, hopefully it will put to rest rumours of Ukrainian SU-25s operating at near orbital altitudes. The SU-25 narrative was a fractured and contradictory mess that featured mystery witnesses, dubious theories, dodgy experts, and fake evidence, not mention the plane's ordinance being used in such a way that it always resembled a strike by a Buk missile rather than an attack by a SU-25. It would be good to see it finally set aside.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Torplexed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-15, 07:45 PM   #254
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torplexed View Post
It would be good to see it finally set aside.
That is my wish as well but I fear that the the truth has been obfuscated to the point that I doubt any of it will ever be settled.

Old 05-05-15, 07:51 PM   #255
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Ah yes, the Su-25 space shuttle...glad to see that one has been given the boot.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote