SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-21-09, 12:16 AM   #166
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Yeah, that looks like it should do the trick, LGN1.

Edit:
Wait, sorry...
Engage brain before post!
On second thought I'm not sure that's right, and on third thought I'm not even sure that what I said in the other post was right either (about being able to change how map contacts are shown). It's been a while since I looked at it, sorry. I'll take a look later today.
Old 05-21-09, 02:57 AM   #167
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have completely mastered the use of the attack disk. It's just a PITA when you ask a sonar guy the bearing to update position on the true course line and he says "no sound contact" But the sound of a contact can be heard very well on hydrophone. Incompetent fool!

When this happens I do have to takeover a seat of sonar's guy to check the bearing myself. But it's quite annoying everytime this happens.
Old 05-21-09, 04:10 AM   #168
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4
Default About the latest tweak

Judging from the screenshots and only from those, doesn't the tweak affect the sea? In particular, the reflections of the clouds on the surface of the sea?

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 04:28 AM   #169
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact View Post
I have completely mastered the use of the attack disk. It's just a PITA when you ask a sonar guy the bearing to update position on the true course line and he says "no sound contact" But the sound of a contact can be heard very well on hydrophone. Incompetent fool!
Yeah, until you get both guys qualified (a qualified Radioman will make your Sonarman perform better - go figure) and promoted to the rank of UberGod, they can be pretty incompetent. Turning off fatigue in SH3C helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon View Post
Judging from the screenshots and only from those, doesn't the tweak affect the sea? In particular, the reflections of the clouds on the surface of the sea?
Hi mate.
No, not at all, they're exactly the same as before. Well, actually, thinking about it the reflection right on the horizon (and I mean right on it) will be very slightly different (more "blended in") but that's it.

To anyone else reading:
Thanks to some PM brainstorming with Hitman I'll be following this up with another tweak which will do what the "Horizon Extension" mod did (stop the ships on the horizon from "floating in the fog") except that this version looks better, doesn't hit framerates anywhere near as badly, and doesn't remove the horizon haze. I'm testing it now and it's a huge improvement on the previous OLC horizon IMO.
Old 05-21-09, 04:32 AM   #170
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
To anyone else reading:
Thanks to some PM brainstorming with Hitman I'll be following this up with another tweak which will do what the "Horizon Extension" mod did (stop the ships on the horizon from "floating in the fog") except that this version looks better, doesn't hit framerates anywhere near as badly, and doesn't remove the horizon haze.

Re.. Re... Rea.... Real... Reaaaaallyy???

P.S. Waiting impatiently. I'm going to study now. I'll be back in a few hours. Good luck mate.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 04:42 AM   #171
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon View Post

Re.. Re... Rea.... Real... Reaaaaallyy???

Really.

It even has the effect of making ships go "over" the horizon so that at long range all you can see is the smoke, and without making the ships look like they got sawn in half. TBH, this bit was an unexpected bonus and partly luck.

Thank Hitman for the idea. He suggested a load of ideas I'd previously disregarded, but when I rethunk them (after telling him "no, no, that won't work" ) I realised that a halfway house between what he said and what I tried in the last "Horizon Extension" tweak might work. And it did!

Now, this version does still hit framerates (in order to prevent certain problems that would otherwise occur) but this FPS hit is not even in the same ballpark as the last one. The tweak is pretty close to the current version of OLC 'Gold' in terms of performance.
Old 05-21-09, 08:35 PM   #172
UberTorpedo
Planesman

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0

OLC

Rapidshare linky no work no more.

Please upload again?

cheers
UberTorpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 09:05 PM   #173
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

I only put it there cos FF was acting up. The new horizon is done and working beautifully, so I'll shortly release a full update with these changes included, plus (if I can get it looking right) a tweak for the searchlights.
Old 05-22-09, 04:57 AM   #174
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Great news !

Old 05-22-09, 06:33 AM   #175
Letum
Navy Seal

Downloads: 43

Quote:
I'm getting ready to start a brand new GWX3+OLC+LRT campaign, and I decided to sort out something that had been bugging me: the sky/clouds not looking quite right near the horizon..... If you like the look of it then grab it here

Link is down. Does anyone have another link?

Good work OLC!
Old 05-22-09, 06:51 AM   #176
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letum View Post
Link is down. Does anyone have another link?

Good work OLC!
I'm just testing OLC 'Gold' MkII () and then I'll release it in time for the weekend. It contains the change shown above and some other goodies too.
Old 05-22-09, 06:57 AM   #177
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92

Quote:
I only put it there cos FF was acting up. The new horizon is done and working beautifully, so I'll shortly release a full update with these changes included, plus (if I can get it looking right) a tweak for the searchlights.
Hi OLC if you would be so kind as to Shoot me a P.M with the link for the Horizon mod i will put it up on BtS as well if you like
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-09, 07:01 AM   #178
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWolf U-57 View Post
Hi OLC if you would be so kind as to Shoot me a P.M with the link for the Horizon mod i will put it up on BtS as well if you like
Will do, thanks.
Old 05-22-09, 11:05 PM   #179
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Default OLC 'Gold' MkII - RELEASED!

OK, it's done! Check post 1 for details.

I have not done a huge amount of testing on this version, but I've not changed anything very critical either so it should be fine. That said, if you do get any problems then of course let me know.

I'm off to start my new campaign!
Old 05-23-09, 04:01 AM   #180
cemtufekci
Bosun

Downloads: 73
Default flat sun fix

Does flat sun fix work for settings bigger than 4xAA? It doesn't for me so i want to know if it's normal. Sun glows with 4xAA also without the fix but not with 8 or 16.
cemtufekci is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gold, gui, olc, olce2, ubermod