SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-24-18, 01:31 PM   #1
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Default The entire Univers for a Digital camera(You don't have to believe me)

The correct saying should have been My kingdom for a Digital camera.

When you read my story(Which you don't have to believe) You would understand why I offered the entire Univers for such a technical equipment.

I have never been good at putting what I experience into written words or through spoken words. I'll give it a try nevertheless.

Start of story.

Oh man was I groggy, I felt like I was about to faint, my head was spinning ´round, had to get down on my knees. I had enough presence of mind to notice it was daylight and I was standing or more correctly sitting.

It toke some minutes before I came into my senses. I looked around. In front of me, there was about 3-5 row of trees then a huge open field with low hills. It was partly cloudy. Behind me it was forrest as far as I could see.

I looked down on my legs...WHAT!? I'm...all dressed in God's creation...why..it toke some second when I suddenly remembered everything.

OK, this mean I have to be on this spot, where I'm sitting in about 8 hours from now plus-minus 30-50 centimeters in each direction.
I made a Cirkel about 50-70 centimeters wide.

This wouldn't be enough I have to find back to this place, ´cause I had planed to walk around the area....
I looked around to see what I could use. I even came to think of my own time in the Scouts and from what I have seen in different type of documentary about surviving in the wilderness.

Found some branches around on the ground. I dragged the cortex off from some of these branches. This to make some rope to use for tying some of the branches to the trees.
I was thinking of making som big sign so I could find back to this spot again, even though I have walked 4-600 meters away.

How long all this toke, I don't know. When I was finished I walked three to four step forward and turned around. It is viewable. I was somehow proud of myself... I walked about ten more step forward turned around had to look for some second before I could see it...Good.

Turned around..looked at the top of one of these little hills..I walk in a straight line up to the top of that hill I said to myself.

Walked about 50 step...stopped turned around to see my spot...I panicked I couldn't see it...My heart start to beat real hard. OK, lets go back in a straight line again and then walk left to right until I find it..

It toke som minutes before I found it...I have to make it more visible than it is now. I found some long not to thick branches dragged the vortex of them so you could see the white-thing on them..from the vortex I made some more rope.

On each side of the spot I tied three of them in a row. Again I walked away and looked back now and then it was visible from a distance of 60 meters.

Hey what time is it ? I know I left about 8 o´clock(20.00 CET)
I could make one of these sun watches, but where is North...The sunrise is in the East. So I have to use East as reference point.

I looked at the sun...OK it seem it have been up above the horisont for some hours. On the top of the hill I pressed a branches into the ground and placed some others where I thought East, West, North and South. If I have done it correctly, the time should be around 9-11 O´clock local time.

Then I heard it...Gun being fired, Canon being fired, people yelling, screaming...it made my heart going into my brain of sudden fear.

Then I suddenly remembered why I came to this place. I walked back to my spot, but I stayed outside in the opening.

I could hear them coming closer and closer. I ran into the forrest, about where my spot was, I made little hole. where I placed myself I used my hands to drag some of the leaf and other thing over my body, as good as I could.

Then I saw the first soldier or horsemen.. it was one of them with grey uniform... more came and then a bunch of horsemen whit blue uniform. They was fighting fiercely. They fought up and down the hill away from me and back at the top.

The first foot soldier came into my view...it was a blue jacket...more arrived.

Well I didn't know the time and how long it had passed before the top of the hill was filled with soldiers and horsemen from both side(grey and blue)

Then I saw something I only have seen in movies, documentaries and pictures.
One of the soldier stood up raised his sword yelled something, I couldn't hear it..many of his soldiers stood up, lined up. I could see 3 row but how many they were side by side I couldn't really see.

They started marching towards some line hold by the blue jacket.

Fire...well I head it sounded like Fiere or something...He must have said fire I said to myself.

Many from the other side(those with grey uniform) fell from the hail of bullets fired from the blue jackets.

The leader yelled something, the rest of the grey jacket gathered to a new formation this time they were on two line... they kept on marching towards the blue jacket.

Then one of the soldier turned around and looked at my direction
My heart made another jump...he have seen me...I toke some dirt and greased my pale face with it and dragged some more dirt and leaf over my body
I looked at this soldier...who had begun to run as fast as he could towards the forrest and where I was.

I throw his rifle away and started to scream...it was not a scream of violence or what you call it...it was pure scream of fear. He was running as fast as he could, this was I thought.

I had my eyes fixed on this soldier and of course the others on the hills and around that hill.

The escaping soldier was about to enter the forrest when...I'll try to explain what I saw and heard....a cracking sound could be heard and I saw the throat of this soldier exploding and a cascade of blood and tissue was spreading around...his eyes turned from fear to shock...he ran some more meters and fell forward

What happened now was tragic but also comical in a weird way

He fell just half a meter from me and when this soldier saw me, he forgot for some second or so that he was in shock and fear. His eyes widen. He tried to say something but he couldn't then he closed his eyes and I could hear him draw his last breath

His feet or most of his left leg was laying inside the Cirkel I have be in about 4-6 hours from now.

Four to six hours !!?? I hope the fighting will be over or they have moved far away from me. Tried to remember this battle from my memory..what I have read and heard in all these documentary.

My hope went into fear, the fighting came closer...NOOOOO...please God don't let the battle come closer or don't let the fighting continue in the forrest around where I'm laying.

Well I said to myself you wanted to make this special trip, so enjoy it and notice so much as you can.

Then my famous words came

My entire Univers for a Digital Camera or two would be better with two huge memory cards.

I would have taken thousands of pictures with one of them and filmed as much as I could with Camera with the other Camera.

Seeing and experience this in real life and not in movies, documentary or read about it in books, isn't the same...a lifetime experience.

It will be the last however... never will I make such a journey again.

The thing I invented made it possible for me to make some special travel however, I had to travel without any clothes and other things.

I managed to get back to where I left from beginning.

I also decreased how far I could travel, cause this dizziness was to much and further away may destroy my brain.

Another note-Have to work on my invention so I can send a robot instead a robot with wheels or like those on tanks.

End of Story(And you don't have to believe me)

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-18, 01:35 PM   #2
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Short version please.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-18, 01:42 PM   #3
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I went back in my own body to observe the battle of Gettysburg.

I must have done something wrong...or the story of this battle are somehow wrong...cause the day and area I had planned to arrive to should be the last day of battle and not where I was.

I'm pretty sure it must have been me.

Markus
Old 05-24-18, 01:45 PM   #4
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I went back in my own body to observe the battle of Gettysburg.

Markus
There you go..

So you had magic mushrooms or were you licking toads again?

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 05-24-18, 02:23 PM   #5
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

If I had invented such a machine I would never in the entire univers tell it to others.

The fear of someone would alter the history is real.. Not maybe or perhaps it is real if someone would get the hand of a time machine.

I would never have written this long story
or maybe I would because no one would believe me- just as you didn't believe me.

On the other hand

I'm convinced that history is "carved in stone" and can not be altered.
You can't travel back and shot your dad before you was born and thereby remove you from history...he is a nothing but a holograph of the past.

The bullet would go through him and do no damage.

That's what I think.

Markus
Old 05-24-18, 04:23 PM   #6
STEED
Lucky Jack

That's deep.

There is only the past as that is now history and the present is gone in a blink of a eye into history and the future is so so much.

You are standing on a cliff's edge do you..

A. Move back to safety
B. Risk it and stay
C. Jump
D. Slip
E. Be pushed over by someone
F. Blown over by the wind

Old 05-24-18, 11:54 PM   #7
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
I have never been good at putting what I experience into written words or through spoken words.

I beg to differ. I enjoyed your story very much.
Old 05-25-18, 12:02 AM   #8
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I'm still trying to figure out if you're serious, or pulling my leg.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-18, 03:31 PM   #9
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Sorry for this "a little late reply"

Yes it's all made up directly from my memory and other places in my brain.

The seed to this idea, came when I saw half an episode of Blood & Honor. In this episode they concentrated on the Gettysburg battle(Well the last half part of it I saw was only about Gettysburg)

Some day earlier I had seen or re-seen (forgot name of the program) It was about time travel and if we ever would get the chance to travel back or forth in time.

If I could travel back in time, then I would travel back to observe live, this battle from a safe distance.

Then I remember some scenes and words from Terminator-You can't have anything on you or with you when using the time machine.

So OK I'll pretend I have to travel in God's own creation

Hey, what if the map I'm studying, a map from that time period is insufficient or incorrect made

What if I appeared 1863 July 3th Right where there's a tree.

I remembered some old episode of a program about the development of mapmaking and how not-so-correct they were 2-300 years ago.

The battle scene was made up too from movies, drama documentaries pictures in books.

I really wanted to give more about the battle than I did.

I'm glad some of you enjoy it, even though it was filled with lack of words and somehow incorrect in grammar.

Markus
Old 05-27-18, 04:35 PM   #10
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Häh...?

You seriously try to tell us you made an invention and now do time travels with it? Are you sure your lunch did not have some Scovilles too much?
Old 05-27-18, 04:45 PM   #11
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Häh...?

You seriously try to tell us you made an invention and now do time travels with it? Are you sure your lunch did not have some Scovilles too much?
NO! It was, as I wrote above your comment, a made up story, based on program I have seen, heard and read about, in this case the Battle of Gettysburg 1-3th July 1863.

I can see I have forgot the word "Story" after the words
Yes it's all made up.

Markus
Old 05-27-18, 04:58 PM   #12
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Ah. All former psychologists: at ease, it was only a drill this time.

Third-last line in your opening post confused me quite drastically.
Old 05-27-18, 04:58 PM   #13
STEED
Lucky Jack

Rock on Baby..

Old 05-27-18, 06:01 PM   #14
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Forgot an important thing.

When I decided to write this made up story I came with the idea the headline should be The entire Univers for a Digital Camera.

`cause there's no doubt in my mind.
If you could time travel to a historical event, what ever it may be, you really wanted a camera to "catch" the historical that take place right in front of you.

Markus
Old 05-28-18, 02:56 AM   #15
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
I'm convinced that history is "carved in stone" and can not be altered.
You can't travel back and shot your dad before you was born and thereby remove you from history...he is a nothing but a holograph of the past.
Even if you could shoot your dad it would cause a paradox since with your dad dead, you would not be born and thus you couldn't travel back in the time to shoot him... which in turn would mean you're born and you would at some point in time travel back to shoot your dad, which means you wouldn't be born.. etc. etc. etc.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote