SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-22-19, 04:52 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default An Epistemological Criticism: The Lack of Proof for Man-Made Climate Change

An interesting take on things, focussing on some profound misunderstandings on the methodological-statistical level that dominate - I would even say: derailed - public, political and even scientific assessment of climate change and the human factor in it.

https://misesuk.org/2017/11/27/an-ep...limate-change/

The text is the English translation of the German original piece:

http://root.paladin-computer.de/misesprev/?p=17136

Ecological and health "arguments" today get very muc abused as faked alibis and strawman arguments for realising political, ideological and redistribution projects. This completely corrupts science and the academic environment and goes as far as masisve suppression of objectiing areguments and scioentists, including existentially ruining them and defaming them. In Germany, two or three weeks ago the speaker of a hiuge German psyhcologist association had an essay in a psyhcolgicaol journal where he aergued that denial of man-made climate chnage shoulkd be get a WHO-rating in the ICD and form a new chapter odf psyhcolgocial disorder, and as I further recall (I just flew about it because my blood pressure already was going up again) he recommended the enforced treatment by the state should become mandatory.

The crimininlazation and mecial classificaiton of the poltlicla opponent is an estalbished tool for many dictatoprships. What comes next from this selfrightous acadmeic breed? The demand for reeducaiton camps a la Chinese culture revolution? Neurological experiments and brain surgery? Followed by Gulags, maybe? There is a dokmsday sect, named Extinction Rebellion. Quite some of their members demanded right this in the past: violence against everybody not believing what they believe and resisting to their demands.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-22-19 at 05:03 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-23, 01:22 PM   #2
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Yes indeed - the idea of criminalising your opponents "per se" has horrific historical echoes

Thank you for this thought-provoking post
Old 08-25-23, 05:45 PM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Both links have been taken off the grid it seems. This is supicious, since two or three years I experience this happening more and more often with some of the "critical thinking" links I have/had in my link list. While since 10-15 years the published stuff in mainstream media gets more and more uniform and conformal.

This seems to become no good century for liberty, but a great one for 1984.