SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-02-09, 11:30 AM   #1
kurfürst
Chief

Downloads: 152
Uploads: 0
Default Indestructible Ships?

Hello Kaleuns,

I´ve got the impression that, compared to SHIII and GWX 2.1, the ships hit by a torpedo don´t sink that quickly or don´t sink at all. For example, I hit a large tanker with two torpedos, and it sailed away as I didn´t even scratch it.
In SHIII, it blows up and is history. Are the targets programmed to be more robust? Can this be modified to SHIII standard?

I play SH IV+Uboat missions and OP Monsun V600.

Gute Jagd,

Kurfürst
Old 04-06-09, 04:54 AM   #2
GREY WOLF 3
中国水兵

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I´ve got the impression that, compared to SHIII and GWX 2.1, the ships hit by a torpedo don´t sink that quickly or don´t sink at all. For example, I hit a large tanker with two torpedos, and it sailed away as I didn´t even scratch it.
They do take longer to sink if you follow them they will slow down,and get lower in the water,Ive had to wait for hours till it goes down.
When they just lay there you can pump torps in it but seems you have to wait till it floods.
Old 04-11-09, 07:22 PM   #3
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

they tried to do a better damage model than they had for sh3 but with some ships they really took shortcuts on so some ships act very strangely such as having no engine room left but it steams away at full power lol.

try the NSM mod (natural sinking mechanics) the ships will sink much slower than in stock but it fixes some ships that were very hard to sunk at all.

many people use NSM and also combine it with my improved torpedo power mod that has several versions to choose from so you can get more powerfull torps to offset the slower sinking times and it gives a pretty nice combined result.