SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-22-08, 09:59 AM   #1
Redwine
Sea Lord

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT
Guten tag HanSolo and others.

Few days ago I had hat, again, CTD experience, and not only with WAC 3.0.

3 SH3 installations of 4 available in my computer were off. (All 4 in different partitions or disk drivers.)

Re-installing 3 times, but no success. So, I started reflection, what the difference with the 4th working, and I found:

The no CTD installation HAVE NOT INTRO FILM AND LOGO.

...data/Movies/Intro is empty because I hat removed the Intro.wmv and Logo.wmv files.

I did the same in the other 3 and MIRACLE they works !!!

The most strange is, that CTD occur after playing -without problem- the logo and intro film, and after the download of the game, in the menu interface.

Sorry if all that are useless for most/all of you, but we never know, perhaps somebody, somewhere . . . .

WAC Team: Thanks again for your work.

sorry for bad english
There was some Window Media 9 Codecs around there, i remember this from the very early days of the SH3 forum... use browser to found them, i remember without them, game crashes... not sure if this can help.

Last edited by Redwine; 08-22-08 at 10:12 AM.
Redwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 08:30 AM   #2
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170

@ Registered

If you want to, you could try WAC 2.15. I could upload it to Filefront for you this weekend. There is a lot of downloading you'll have to do, and uploading for me because you need both WAC 2.0 and WAC 2.15. I have them both on CD, so if you want to be patient, I could do it for you, unless someone else already has it uploaded somewhere.
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-08, 09:21 AM   #3
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

@ NGT

SH3 will start quite happily without any of the movie files.

In fact it will even run when the complete movie folder is missing!

Are you using MultiSH3 for each of your separate installations?
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 01:37 PM   #4
yobert
A-ganger

Downloads: 2

Are the bug fix in the file font files now. Or do i have to download the bug fix too?
yobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 01:46 PM   #5
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobert
Are the bug fix in the file font files now. Or do i have to download the bug fix too?
I`ll upload the Bug Fix this evening!

@Geosub

You can install additional mods for WAC 3.0 if you want... but you only need the 3 WAC archives to install and play!

SH3 Commander should work but repleces some files... so I would start with wac3 only to look if it´s running fine.
Old 08-22-08, 10:09 AM   #6
Redwine
Sea Lord

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered55
just to say I’m one of those people that the game always crashes on me as soon as the Word "initializing" goes away, all i see is this big round Dial bottom right corner, and suddenly game crashes, tried installing 4 times, and each time same thing and same place,

tried different sound drivers and graphic card drivers just in case it was a driver error, but no go,

although stock Silent hunter 3 1.4b works fine and very stable,

tried NYGM 3.0, i get CTD's
tried GWX 2.1 worked ok, but way to hard, to real for me, i like the map updates, and i like the colour coding, yes it's easier, but i find that fun,

i was gonna keep at it with GWX, but then i started reading the notes concerning the mod, i wasn't impressed, there were loads of things one can't do, don't save near land, don't save near enemy, and the list just went on and on, for me, too many restrictions, i even saw this in the forum somewhere,

I had problems with this as well, but I've learned to follow these steps and the issue is solved:

1. Leave the boat on the surface and stay in the control room screen facing the helms station, as when you start. Use "save and exit" and create a new filename for each save.

2. Make sure there are no visible contacts, and move the time at least 30 minutes if you just sank a ship or downed a plane. Do not save near land.

3. Do not add or remove any mods or change any files in SH3 after the save. That includes SH3 Commander Files if in use, uncheck auto roll back.

bloody hell, too many do's and don't for me,
The game may crash by small things, some times a file you added calls for something and it is not there, because the blend of mods, and game crashes.

If you use SH III Comender, take in account, the prgram stablish some files as in use or some thing like it, the program make an "override" or "bypass" of the installation files.

May be you are installing new files, and SH III Comander is still using non compatible files.

I am not user of SH III Commander, i do not know if you can roll back files, sure you can, but if you have too many mods, may be you not be sure how you will finish.

Good time to uninstall and make a fresh install of both programs... SH III and SH III Comander.

Try a fresh install, back up you data folder if you want to turn back.

uninstall the game, DO NOT forget to erase the SH3 folder into "my documents", defrag you hard drive... a good time to do, make a fesh install over a just defraged hard drive, install official patch... intall WAX 3.0 and it fixes.

Sure will work, make all you personalized changes and then reinstall SH 3 Commander and use it.

Good luck !!!

Dont loss WAC 3.0 it is very nice....
Redwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-08, 06:49 AM   #7
Registered55
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

sorry i haven't posted, i had to put my dog down yesterday, been in a state, bad way, got drunk stayed at my sisters last night, i had a jack russell terrier, more terrier then jack russell, she had CHF (Congestive heart failure), she was still strong, but her caugh was getting out of hand and i always promised i would let her go happy, and in a good way, i've seen so many pets over the years being draged through with drugs and steroids and god knows what i else, i wasn't willing to put her through that "missiletoe" meant far to much to me to do that and deserved a pieceful sending of not a painful one (here come the tears again).

it was a sad ordeal, something all my experiences and all the things i have learnt did not prepare for this moment, but it's over now, hope it doesn't take to long for my brain to stop getting emotional,

Subject change i think.

as for WAC, no that's alright, i'm just one person, don't go through that trouble on my behalf, besides, with my luck, there is a strong chance 2.15 would cause CTD's anyway, not that it would be WAC to blame, far from it, would be my luck at fault, like i said i just seem unlucky when it comes to silent hunter 3,

besides silent hunter 4 is in mainstream support at the moment, and hopefully some one will create a mod that extends the campaign time, 1943 to 45 is a little poor considering SH3 had a time frame of 1939 to 45,

thanks for the offer though, kind of you,
Old 08-24-08, 05:38 AM   #8
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3

@Cheapskate

Thank you for the answer. Yes, I use MultiSH3. Bigboywooly suggest using a single folder in {My Documents} but I cant manage this solution. The cfg files of every installation are differents (main.cfg, realism settings etc) and I scare...

@Redwine

Thank you too for answering. Unfortunally, I cant manage this codecs problem. I dont know what to do.
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-08, 06:30 AM   #9
Cheapskate
XO

Hi NGT

I'm sure the single file option suggested by BBW would cause problems if you are using MultiSh3 on several different versions of SH3.

That option is designed to be used if you have just one supermod running and wish to manage separate careers within that single mod only.

If you want to have separate supermod installations running at the same time, you will need to install MultiSH3 in each one.

I've got about seven different SH3 versions on my hard disc. Each one has its own save file in my docs and they they all run completely independently without any problems.

Don't worry about the codec thing. You did say that the CTD's happened after the intro movies ran. If you had a codec problem, the movies would not have run properly.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Cheapskate; 08-24-08 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-29-08, 12:11 PM   #10
ridgewayranger
Frogman

Downloads: 281
Default WAC V3.0

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know how to open the WAC files:- WAC 3.0_final_7z.001 002 & 003?
I've tried renaming but have had no luck.
After spending an hour D/Ling I'd love to try the game out.
RR
ridgewayranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 01:27 PM   #11
geosub1978
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 229
Default FF

Download the FILE FRONT files. A garrantied solution!
Old 08-29-08, 01:38 PM   #12
ridgewayranger
Frogman

Default WAC files

Hi Geasub,
Seems like a good idea. Now, where in File Front? I can't find them
RR
Old 08-30-08, 12:07 AM   #13
geosub1978
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 229
Default FF

In the download section, they are the Mirrors of course!
Old 08-30-08, 04:30 AM   #14
Cheapskate
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewayranger
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know how to open the WAC files:- WAC 3.0_final_7z.001 002 & 003?
I've tried renaming but have had no luck.
After spending an hour D/Ling I'd love to try the game out.
RR
Sorry to come in late on this one RR.
No renaming of files is necessary. Assuming you have a nice new 1.4b install waiting with a Mod folder created by running JSGME, all you need do is to right click on 001 and drag it over into the mod folder.
Select " Extract here " from the 7Zip drop down menu, and the whole shebang will decompress into the Mod folder ready to be installed with JSGME.
Old 08-30-08, 06:31 AM   #15
ridgewayranger
Frogman

Default WAC V3.0

Hi Cheapskate,
Thanks for making it so simple. I've been frantically searching FileFront for an hour.
Now I can get on. I've just started reinstalling all the SH3 major mods such as NYGM and WAC. RUB will be next. I finally got a bit bored with SH4, great eye candy, but those long transits to the action freak me out.
Thanks again,
RR