SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-28-10, 03:16 AM   #916
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

I wanna ask here about something that seem to be a bug. I'm playin for the second time the Distant Waters campaign and I'm curently north of Venezuela. There is 2 german/allied base on 2 island, one of them is Willemstad on Netherlands Antilles island. The weird issue I have is that this port is protected by.. americans. So, in order to refit.. i need to do it underwater to avoid the patrols. Questions is.. is just me or this is a common bug in the game?

Second question is related to the timezone. In that area in October the sun raise at noon and most of the time I'm in the dark like in a polar region. So again, same question.. is only me or is again another stock bug?
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 10:26 AM   #917
Pleijp
Swabbie

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Is there a bug with sudden missing deck gun and AA guns?

Completed total Germany and when i wanted to speak to the engineer on teh dock hew owuld want to talk to me for upgrades etc.

I ended patrol and could upgrade but ofcourse port was now St nazaire so I reloaded the save game.

But before I did that i could choose the new conning tower with larger wintergarten and slotted my Zwilling AA gun but suddenly the deck gun was gone?

After i reloaded to be back at the start harbour (wilhelmshaven) the AA gun has disapeared!?

Could a mod have done this or is it a game glitch?

edit 2: It somehow suddenly works? Oh well one of those days huh!
Edit: it isnt a mod thing as i tried with all mods disabled!

I loaded the last save when i sank the battleship in Total germany.
The game loads up and emidiatly says i won and completed the mission, pins some medals on my chest and i get the quistion if i want the new sub [agreed]
Than I get ported back to harbour (wilhelms haven) cant get the boat upgraded (1 and 2 option on engineer are grayed out).

if i start a new patrol the AA gun is gone.

When I end patrol i pop up in France and than am able to upgrade the ship.

I dont want to loose the week!

Last edited by Pleijp; 10-01-10 at 05:54 PM.
Pleijp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 03:12 PM   #918
alfenius
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Default ctd after hitting a capital in dock?

Hey,

I keep getting a ctd whenever im trying to sneak out of a port after hitting a capital ship - first time it happened in portsmouth i thought the save game must be corrupt or something but tried again in scapa flow, hit a battleship went to run and ctd again any ideas?

Thanks
alfenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-10, 12:00 PM   #919
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default CTD's

I thought I'd write in about this issue that may well help others with system crashes or returning to desktop issues. I'm playing "Good Times" and sunk a couple of ships outside the shaded area, I recon I lost points because they never showed up on my score card. But as luck would have it found a juicy convoy and got stuck in, 3 ships sunk, only two more, but had to return to base for torps.

Got to base and went into the ops room again and clicked on "accept mission" (the same one I 'm playing) left the room and clicked on the base officer to "start new mission" Got back on my boat only for the system to crash out side the harbour.
This happened three times, "returned to desktop".

On the 4th time I started from the previous saved position and all seemed well until reaching the base "returned to desktop". So I deleted the "saved in base file" then restart once again from the previous saved position and returned to base and this time refitted only and all's well.

The issue seems to be in the control room if the misson is not complete.

sid.
Old 10-14-10, 08:15 PM   #920
wobachuck
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 21

I have the same problem, has anyone come up or know a fix for this. It always does this to me when i load up a saved game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3000 View Post
I instaled some mods and after I load the saved game my surface looks like this:

can someone help me? I instaled mod Unrealistic VIIA on Crack, When i did't had the mod everything was ok but now it look like in the picture above, but only after loading, when starting new carrer it is ok, can i do something to work it properly?
wobachuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 02:54 PM   #921
Berlusconek
Swabbie

Downloads: 47

And who can help solving this issue ?

Happend after implementing NewUI 4.8.0.
Berlusconek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-10, 03:55 PM   #922
neilbyrne
Torpedoman

Downloads: 31
Default SH4 vs SH5

Played a lot of SH4 probably four or five full war campaigns using TMO & RSRD mods. Great fun and ran smooth. Then when SH5 came out I spent some time on the forum and it seemed soooo buggy as to not be worth the agro at the time. So I went off to play Napoleon TW.

Just from what I'm reading here today; it seems like SH5 is still not up to the playability of SH4. Still seems like there are substantial and frustrating bug issues.

Am I getting this right?
neilbyrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-10, 03:58 PM   #923
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbyrne View Post
Played a lot of SH4 probably four or five full war campaigns using TMO & RSRD mods. Great fun and ran smooth. Then when SH5 came out I spent some time on the forum and it seemed soooo buggy as to not be worth the agro at the time. So I went off to play Napoleon TW.

Just from what I'm reading here today; it seems like SH5 is still not up to the playability of SH4. Still seems like there are substantial and frustrating bug issues.

Am I getting this right?
keep thinking that and go play SH4
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-10, 05:24 PM   #924
BravoM5
Swabbie

Downloads: 23

I've found plenty of bugs...

1- I got some major stuttering earlier today I don't know why on earth it started to stutter never had it do that before.
2- Half the time saved games don't save I go back to load them and they're not there I have to restart the mission usually.
3-CTD when using hydrophone (may have something to do with Environment mod haven't tried it since I disabled it)

I know there's more but these are the most annoying ones I've found would it have something to do with the mods I have?

Mods:Accurate German Flags
Critical hits V1.1 Torpedos
Critical hits V1.2 (for the 88mm)
I did have Environment mod 3.7 enabled but I got a ctd when I went over a certain area...
BravoM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-10, 06:58 PM   #925
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoM5 View Post
I've found plenty of bugs...

1- I got some major stuttering earlier today I don't know why on earth it started to stutter never had it do that before.
2- Half the time saved games don't save I go back to load them and they're not there I have to restart the mission usually.
3-CTD when using hydrophone (may have something to do with Environment mod haven't tried it since I disabled it)

I know there's more but these are the most annoying ones I've found would it have something to do with the mods I have?

Mods:Accurate German Flags
Critical hits V1.1 Torpedos
Critical hits V1.2 (for the 88mm)
I did have Environment mod 3.7 enabled but I got a ctd when I went over a certain area...
Ok , lets try to help .
Try using the antilag program to stop the stutters
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2871
Regarding the saves , when you log in and you on the launching screen , there is a little wheel icon on the top right . Click on that and select dont syncronise with servers .
Use the latest w_clear environment mod which is 4.5 and also the AI sub hydrophone fix that fixes a ctd when submerged and you hear a AI sub on the hydrophone .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...hydrophone+fix

Last edited by THE_MASK; 11-26-10 at 07:11 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-10, 08:42 PM   #926
BravoM5
Swabbie

Thanks sober I'll try that I played a bit more today and haven't had the stuttering problem again it only happens very rarely. If I disable save games from ubi's servers will I lose my saves I have right now?
Old 11-26-10, 08:53 PM   #927
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoM5 View Post
Thanks sober I'll try that I played a bit more today and haven't had the stuttering problem again it only happens very rarely. If I disable save games from ubi's servers will I lose my saves I have right now?
I would say yes . A new career i would think but you have to do it sometime .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-10, 08:59 PM   #928
BravoM5
Swabbie

Ok thanks for your help!
Old 11-29-10, 02:56 PM   #929
letterboy1
Captain

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfenius View Post
Hey,

I keep getting a ctd whenever im trying to sneak out of a port after hitting a capital ship - first time it happened in portsmouth i thought the save game must be corrupt or something but tried again in scapa flow, hit a battleship went to run and ctd again any ideas?

Thanks
That just happened to me after sinking the Queen Elizabeth in Scapa Flow. I don't know why, but whenever I tried using waypoints to leave Scapa Flow I CTD after a minute or two. Odd, because I was able to go to Scapa from Wilhelmshaven using waypoints without problems.

So just to see what would happen, I snuck out of Scapa Flow by manually steering out and not creating any waypoints (and I saved often just in case).

After I got out of Scapa and into deeper water, I thought I would try making it the rest of the way to Wilhelmshaven using a waypoint route. After a little while I CTD again. So I went back to my save point and went to Wilhelmshaven manually where I ended the patrol. Now I'm in my next patrol and able to use waypoints again without CTD.
EVGA GTX Titan Black
1.5 T-byte HDD
Antec 1 KW True Power Quattro PS
letterboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-10, 01:45 AM   #930
hydrolyzer
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 13
Default CTD

Hey guys, been playing SH series since about '07. Finally got SH5 today, off steam. Game loads up fine, all menu's work including museum, but as soon as i go to actually get in a sub I CTD, both historical mission and campaign result in me crashing. I get as far as the loading screen where a quote is displayed, then when that fades away i hear a little shck like papers being filed and the game CTD's and the background is the picture of the pinup girl at the opening movie of the game. Has this been experienced before? my googling has found nothing but i dont have any specific keywords to use really.
hydrolyzer is offline   Reply With Quote