SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-04-14, 09:24 PM   #1
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReallyDedPoet View Post
That pic should have been linked with the tag: " warning, graphic image ". Like below.

Warning graphic image

Sure there was no ill intent, more like side-boob at the end
of the day
Oh i'm pretty sure there was no ill intent at all. I'm just wanting to make sure the poster of the mod and screenies doesn't get into trouble.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-14, 09:31 PM   #2
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey View Post
Oh i'm pretty sure there was no ill intent at all. I'm just wanting to make sure the poster of the mod and screenies doesn't get into trouble.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 03:13 AM   #3
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Image removed. Problem solved.
Old 09-05-14, 06:13 AM   #4
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Awesome.
Quite impressive GUI.

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 07:58 AM   #5
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Downloads: 80

Hey there!
Thanks guys for the feedback! I made it for myself and so tried, and I hope you also come in handy. Maybe somewhere, and there are some bugs (one for all will not follow), but together can be corrected. Thanks for vanjast push, with the filing of his couture NYGM and I decided to rework the interface GWX. Yes, this GUI is designed for GWX and they supported, as was done on the basis of Conus' SH3GWX WS 2.3 1360x768. However, during the time of use GUI from Conus I have some files then reworked and renamed, so part of the image files from the original GWX will not work, and will show my (I did not change anything in the creation of the GUI, much time has passed and not just hard to remember that I am). But all that was renamed and remade me, everything is working correctly, your problems will not be.
To BigWalleye ..... At periscope observation I used a grid of mod from vanjast, for the attack periscope and UZO made myself based on that found on other sites, in particular Russian-speaking that were the many conversations on the optics of the German submarines. Compatible with GWX full, although much will be checked by tests, most importantly, that the main time-consuming and extensive work has already been done, to eliminate some bugs (if there are) is easier. Hours of Tycho I did not shifted, the position on the screen at a resolution of 1920x1080 abound, so there was no point them somewhere to hide, just fixed them in the right place and everything, and of course fitted a second hand look was much better. If you want to detach, it is easier to block menu_1024_768.ini G3F I322 in line Drag = false replaced by Drag = true.
fitzcarraldo, as well laugh laugh about the sextant. By the way, I look at you talking imposition Salvo.tga, so you also need to find a record with menu_1024_768.ini TDC1_2.tga and replaced by standard TDC1.tga, and my file from the TDC to remove.
In general, once again thank you all and well used, I hope, I spent my time is not wasted.
All the best and good hunting !!
P.S. I apologize for the online translation, but I think the point is made.

Last edited by Ahnenerbe; 09-05-14 at 02:11 PM.
Ahnenerbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 12:17 PM   #6
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnenerbe View Post
Hey there!
Thanks guys for the feedback! I made it for myself and so tried, and I hope you also come in handy. Maybe somewhere, and there are some bugs (one for all will not follow), but together can be corrected. Thanks for vanjast push, with the filing of his couture NYGM and I decided to rework the interface GWX. Yes, this GUI is designed for GWX and they supported, as was done on the basis of Conus' SH3GWX WS 2.3 1360x768. However, during the time of use GUI from Conus I have some files then reworked and renamed, so part of the image files from the original GWX will not work, and will show my (I did not change anything in the creation of the GUI, much time has passed and not just hard to remember that I am). But all that was renamed and remade me, everything is working correctly, your problems will not be.
To BigWalleye ..... At periscope observation I used a grid of fashion from vanjast, for the attack periscope and UZO made myself based on that found on other sites, in particular ruskoyazychnyh that were the many conversations on the optics of the German submarines. Compatible with GWX full, although much will be checked by tests, most importantly, that the main time-consuming and extensive work has already been done, to eliminate some bugs (if there are) is easier. Hours of Tycho I did not shifted, the position on the screen at a resolution of 1920x1080 abound, so there was no point them somewhere to hide, just fixed them in the right place and everything, and of course fitted a second hand look was much better. If you want to detach, it is easier to block menu_1024_768.ini G3F I322 in line Drag = false replaced by Drag = true.
fitzcarraldo, as well laugh laugh about the sextant. By the way, I look at you talking imposition Salvo.tga, so you also need to find a record with menu_1024_768.ini TDC1_2.tga and replaced by standard TDC1.tga, and my file from the TDC to remove.
In general, once again thank you all and well used, I hope, I spent my time is not wasted.
All the best and good hunting !!
P.S. I apologize for the online translation, but I think the point is made.
Thanks Ahnenerbe for the explanation. In my desperate use of your mod, I applied it on the last position of my huge list of mods (in GWX), and yes, it overwrites some files. In particular, I need to edit the en_menu file, modified by the Hsie. patch. I need to eliminate some GUI mods and reenable your mods and do more test. But, by now, all seems work fine. Also It needs some touches in the static.cfg file in SH3 Commander (if you use it).

And yes...I see the "60"....My mind wasn´t thinking in Real Navigation...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 12:53 PM   #7
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Thanks Ahnenerbe for the explanation. In my desperate use of your mod, I applied it on the last position of my huge list of mods (in GWX), and yes, it overwrites some files. In particular, I need to edit the en_menu file, modified by the Hsie. patch. I need to eliminate some GUI mods and reenable your mods and do more test. But, by now, all seems work fine. Also It needs some touches in the static.cfg file in SH3 Commander (if you use it).

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Fitzcarraldo, I believe all the file changes needed for the h.sie patches are already in place. But NOT those required for Stiebler's patcher. And Ahnenerbe's mod doesn't touch Basic.cfg, which AFAIK is the only file affected by Static_settings.cfg. (Or do you have other, home-brewed items in Static_settings?)
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 02:42 PM   #8
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Fitzcarraldo, if you use the patch from h.sie v.16b1, then en_menu do not touch. This file was taken from the mod's of vanjast's, he did not edit as I have everything in Russian. I believe that many of the files on the general similarity en_menu or basic, so put on the safe side of vanjast's, where everything is spelled out. SH3 Commander I use, but himself in it, I have not got to clean up, hands do not reach, so while it is not advised.
All good !!
++ Ahnenerbe ++

Old 11-19-14, 02:33 PM   #9
STEPHEN03
Nub

Downloads: 330

Ahoy mates i have crash to desktotop problems when i use this superb mod in conjunction with "TKSS 18German Uboat compilation" any solutions please?
STEPHEN03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-14, 02:50 PM   #10
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi guys I have enjoyed reading all of your fascinating posts regarding Ahnenerbe’s excellent work on the 1920 x 1080 resolution.

I am afraid I am a bit thick and need a bit of help.

Could someone explain please what I need to do to install this correctly as there I cannot see any documentation or a readme with it.

Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final

When you unzip the mod there are 2 main folders

Folder 1 > Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final

Folder 2 > SH3 Commander

My installation is SH III + GWX3.0 + SH3 Commander + GWX cfg files for SH3 Commander

My mods
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Alternate Loadscreen - Full Circle
GWX - Alternative Flotillas
GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
GWX - Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub

I am using a 1920 x 1080 resolution and it would be nice to see completely round shapes especially when using the tools rather than the slightly oval shapes I am currently seeing.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-14, 05:47 PM   #11
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi guys I have enjoyed reading all of your fascinating posts regarding Ahnenerbe’s excellent work on the 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Could someone explain please what I need to do to install this correctly as there I cannot see any documentation or a readme with it.

Folder 2 > SH3 Commander

My installation is SH III + GWX3.0 + SH3 Commander + GWX cfg files for SH3 Commander

My mods
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub

I am using a 1920 x 1080 resolution and it would be nice to see completely round shapes especially when using the tools rather than the slightly oval shapes I am currently seeing.

Peter
I don´t have ovals in instruments with 1980x1080.

The SH3 Commander optional is for the German U-Boats Compilation. If you don´t use it, it is not needed.

Before activation of the mod, remove all d3d9.dll of the SH3 main folder, and apply the mod. Maybe JSGME don´t overwrite your existent d3d9.dll (if you have one).

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 11-19-14, 08:28 PM   #12
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi fitzcarraldo thank you for your reply.

I cannot see a d3d9.dll in the SH3 folder.

Quote > The SH3 Commander optional is for the German U-Boats Compilation. If you don´t use it, it is not needed.

By optional are you referring to the "SH3 Commander" folder 2 that comes with Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final?

I do not know what you mean by the “German U-Boats Compilation”?

So do I just need to place the 1st mod folder "Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final " last in JSGME is that right?

I do not have the 1980 x 1080 resolution that you have.

Do I need to start a new career or can I just add the mod when back in port?

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-14, 08:19 AM   #13
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:

Quote:

Folder 2 > SH3 Commander

My mods
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub

Peter

I have a couple of observations regarding your mod list:

GWX - Alternative Flotillas should only be enabled if you are planning to start a career or transfer to the 3rd Flotilla. It has some minor incompatibilities and removes the 11th Flotilla from the game entirely.

GWX - Axis Mediterranean Aircraft Skins should only be used if you are going to be operating in the Med TO during the current game session. This is one of those mods that is safe to enable mid-patrol. It changes all Axis aircraft to the Med paint scheme, regardless of where you actually are.

GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub should only be enabled if you are planning to upgrade to a Typ VIIC41 during this session, or have already done so. It is a graphics change only. It replaces the 3D model of the Typ VIIC with a 3D model of the VIIC41. So your VIIC in 1939 will look like a VIIC41.

As to the use of Ahnenerbe WideGUI 1920x1080 Final, you should be able to just enable this mod last, over the mod list you posted, and be good to go. You can also enable the German U-boat Compilation as a mod for SH3 Commander, if you are using SH3C. This mod just changes a couple of dials on the TDC to match torpedo tube configuration. Highly optional.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-14, 09:54 AM   #14
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHEN03 View Post
Ahoy mates i have crash to desktotop problems when i use this superb mod in conjunction with "TKSS 18German Uboat compilation" any solutions please?
In principle, the conflict between the mods German Uboat compilation and Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final can not be, since I use them both at home and create them. Probably you have conflicts with some other mods, if you can, put a list of your mods. And more .... If your system is x64, patched she? ........

Old 05-17-15, 06:37 AM   #15
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Welcome aboard Pamelaro!

Fitzcarraldo