SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-21-15, 11:51 AM   #16
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Coming up next, the "I taught I taw a puddy tat!" deck gun mod! Maybe not.

Hey, are all the shattered windows and peeling paint on this prize booth normal?

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 10-21-15 at 12:05 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 12:21 PM   #17
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

^ http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2352545#post2352545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
deck gun mod! Maybe not.

Hey, are all the shattered windows and peeling paint on this prize booth normal?
Nope! but you get the AktungGuruBBY award for delivering the crack!
Nice work!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 12:50 PM   #18
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
^ http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2352545#post2352545 Nope! but you get the AktungGuruBBY award for delivering the crack! Nice work!
I win! I win!!!!!! Par-tay!!

Old 10-21-15, 11:29 PM   #19
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Well, I'm trying to upload now but have had no success. I can fly all over Subsim but when I try to up............NEVER MIND!

So here you go, and this is more than you asked for, Neal. You know I've been on a kick for Universal Plug-in Mods, which are certified to make no changes to any game configuration but the ones the mod announces. This one joins the family, as it not only works with TMO, but every crazy configuration possible, making absolutely no gameplay changes, UI changes, HUD changes, music changes, or any of the other changes modders are so fond of changing.

So Real 5-25 Deck Gun Sound.

In the mod, along with the readme file, is a video of a real 5-25 deck gun being demonstrated aboard a real fleet boat, probably during the war. It's a very interesting video and it might have changed some opinions during Beery's RFB deck gun controversy.

SH4 turns out to use only one sound for the deck gun regardless of the size you have mounted.
Hey Steve, anyone ever tell you, you rock

And tomorrow I will spend some time in the public library where I can upload the mods you sent me links to, and address your uploading status.

Thanks, and I will send out the Subsim in the morning!

Neal
Old 10-22-15, 01:03 PM   #20
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Hey Steve, anyone ever tell you, you rock
Neal
I've been told I'm as dumb as a rock. Been accused of having rocks in my head. And I've been both of those at one time or another. I have this thing about being very comfortable in a room with differences of opinion flying every which-way. Gets me in trouble sometimes!

But you and Subsim are what really rock. We aren't exactly awash in Subsims right now. Ubi SH4 site is basically a ghost town with moderators not talking amongst themselves.

Subsim stands alone continuing to add value to the Silent Hunter series and every other submarine simulation ever made with active communities, friendly environment and preserving the great mods, which are entering a period where they could easily become extinct. FOTRS 1.3 and 2.0 were one link from extinction. RFB patch lives only here. This is a perilous time for Silent Hunter 3 and 4, and in the midst of that we have two mega-mods in active development for SH4 right now on Subsim. And these look like they'll be the best ever developed. The golden age of Silent Hunter is NOW, thanks to Neal Stevens and Subsim.
Old 10-22-15, 01:48 PM   #21
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
The prize is for RR, of course!!! I did nothing except a test with GFO!!!

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

PD: I read your PM, aanker. I was Fitzcarraldo, but I thinking what was the subron. SH1 of course...

For all the community: Is it possible to download the PTC cycles for SH4?

Anyone can download it, just shouldn't be hosted according to the license. I don't think he's closing shop anytime soon. Besides, there are other interesting articles over there. I use the site index.

The Cycles mod is basically 'The Guerrilla Submarines Spyron Mod' without the automatic assignment of missions. The advantage of the Spyron mod is it runs unsupervised after you begin a new career, generating a new mission like SH4 already does. If you like though, you can select the mission & date yourself using Kim's Tools... like the Cycles mod did.

I call my campaign the Cycles mod out of habit, however it is 'The Guerrilla Submarines Spyron Mod' combined with Kim's tools.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-15, 08:55 AM   #22
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

War booty! Thanks Neal!
Old 10-29-15, 10:32 AM   #23
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

You know, I've been thinking about this Mod Guru badge I've been awarded here and thinking: if I'm a Mod Guru, what are CapnScurvy, Iambecomelife, Webster, TorpX, Kpt. Lehmann, Jeff Groves, and any of the GWX crew who are still active on Subsim. I'm sure I'm leaving out some active modders and I apologize.

But it would be a great thing if the Mod Guru badge meant that this is an active and helpful Subsim modder. That way people would know who to go to for mod help.
Old 10-29-15, 06:11 PM   #24
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

And definitely add Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt, ArditoCorsaro, cloadmcally and the rest of the RAPIDI ED INVISILI-A ITALIAN CAMPAIGN crew to the Mod Guru list above.