SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-03-11, 06:15 PM   #136
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
Hi mate, will this run ok on desktop res of 1920 x 1200 ?

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Hi matey,

Only because it is you i will make one that fit yours just have a look later on tonight on my mediafire link

Regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 06:19 PM   #137
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi matey,

Only because it is you i will make one that fit yours just have a look later on tonight on my mediafire link

Regards Hans

@Hans

Thanks very much mate, this is greatly appreciated

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 06:53 PM   #138
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Default Screen Saver update

Hi shipmates,

Go to the same mediafire link you will now find 2 differents folder one is call 1920X1200 and the other 1680X1050 and they each contain 5 wall papers for your own resolution

http://www.mediafire.com/?fh68v8d8aik00

Enjoy cheers

Old 02-03-11, 08:15 PM   #139
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Default Special thank to Anvart

Hi shipmates,

I just like to say a big thank you to Sir Anvart who is so far the only modder who granted me full permission to included his fantastic flag&antenna mod
Kudos Anvart

Best regards Hans

Last edited by Hans Witteman; 02-03-11 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-04-11, 02:53 AM   #140
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

Hello Hans,

where can I download and test your mod(s)? I cursorly searched through all your threads, but I couldn't locate any link! Do you have a filefront- or mediafire page or something like that?

Greetings,
h.sie
Old 02-04-11, 03:25 AM   #141
BUKER
中国水兵

Downloads: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
But yet for an unknown reason it seem that some fellows here simply hate me for no logical reason at all.
Hi Hans,

I want to tell you that you do not pay attention to all the idiots.
It's just plain ordinary - envy!

What you are doing it - a revolution in SH3!

I am very glad that you keep your job!
I am especially glad that you still have decided on the type IX-B/C.
Old 02-04-11, 06:20 AM   #142
Bruce_Will_Es
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi Hans,

I see really nice pictures/videos. And I have to say: You are a good designer with an eye for details. The enthusiastic congratulators here already got testing examples or found a link to the sources? Because I didn't find any upload yet.

For a final rating some facts need to be cleared first: Did you change anything in the gameplay, the underlying technique like the problems with stock SH3 artificial "intelligence" (e.g. ships bombing themselves), the campaign, 8km atmosphere, missing ships, historic missions, stupid air planes, equipment and experience of enemy will not improve (radar!) ... .

I know the great work done for the super mod LSH3 I'm playing actually. They had several years (!) to do corrective action in so many places deep into the code . It's a pity because of the technical change the mod is incompatible to most other design improvements still done for e.g. GWX which development stopped in 2009.

So if you change just the design and not the technical problems of SH3 your mod is (really) good looking but not an improvement in gameplay. Because of this super mod players and developers look really critically to your super mod.

But maybe they become convinced after getting a deeper look into the technical credits and playing the first time.

If super mod developers ask you for involving your design into the LSH3 or other super mods - you would allow this? I would appreciate this a lot!

Looking forward to the final results,
Bruce

PS.: I have to admit the videos make my mouth dripping wet.

PPS.: For correct german signs/captions you should let a german native have an eye on it. The sign on of the crane house, too?

Last edited by Bruce_Will_Es; 02-04-11 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-04-11, 07:51 AM   #143
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Will_Es View Post
PPS.: For correct german signs/captions you should let a german native have an eye on it.

haha I think Hans is German too

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 07:58 AM   #144
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwieger View Post
haha I think Hans is German too
I don't think so...

Last edited by SquareSteelBar; 02-04-11 at 08:08 AM.
SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 08:53 AM   #145
nemo7
Weps

Downloads: 389

Quote:
For a final rating some facts need to be cleared first: Did you change anything in the gameplay, the underlying technique like the problems with stock SH3 artificial "intelligence" (e.g. ships bombing themselves), the campaign, 8km atmosphere, missing ships, historic missions, stupid air planes, equipment and experience of enemy will not improve (radar!) ... .

I know the great work done for the super mod LSH3 I'm playing actually. They had several years (!) to do corrective action in so many places deep into the code . It's a pity because of the technical change the mod is incompatible to most other design improvements still done for e.g. GWX which development stopped in 2009.

So if you change just the design and not the technical problems of SH3 your mod is (really) good looking but not an improvement in gameplay. Because of this super mod players and developers look really critically to your super mod.

PPS.: For correct german signs/captions you should let a german native have an eye on it. The sign on of the crane house, too?
Hello there matey,
This thread is about an "eye candy" mod, not a mega-mod or an official patch. And I think that we have to concentrate our criticism on the graphic part of the mod and 'Give to Caesar what is Caesar's'.

PS. The guy wrote "Deutschen Maschinenfabrik" instead of "Deutsche Maschinenfabrik". He could make the same mistake (add or forget a letter) even if he was a german native speaker...
Cheers
Old 02-04-11, 09:03 AM   #146
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Lets let the man work.

Over typos or whether its a Mega mod or just a graphic one, can be raved on about later.

Its a WIP, and there are no betas for external testing...for now!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 09:20 AM   #147
Robin40
Chief

Downloads: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxale View Post
Lets let the man work.

Over typos or whether its a Mega mod or just a graphic one, can be raved on about later.

Its a WIP, and there are no betas for external testing...for now!
I agree...

...although imho it would be better to have this mod as a graphic one to use with any other megamods (GWX, LSH3, ecc.)
Robin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 09:39 AM   #148
BUKER
中国水兵

Downloads: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo7 View Post
Hello there matey,
This thread is about an "eye candy" mod, not a mega-mod or an official patch. And I think that we have to concentrate our criticism on the graphic part of the mod and 'Give to Caesar what is Caesar's'.
+100!
Quote:
PS. The guy wrote "Deutschen Maschinenfabrik" instead of "Deutsche Maschinenfabrik". He could make the same mistake (add or forget a letter) even if he was a german native speaker...
Cheers
Old 02-04-11, 10:47 AM   #149
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Hi Hans,

I see really nice pictures/videos. And I have to say: You are a good designer with an eye for details. The enthusiastic congratulators here already got testing examples or found a link to the sources? Because I didn't find any upload yet.

But maybe they become convinced after getting a deeper look into the technical credits and playing the first time.

If super mod developers ask you for involving your design into the LSH3 or other super mods - you would allow this? I would appreciate this a lot!

Looking forward to the final results,
Bruce

PS.: I have to admit the videos make my mouth dripping wet.

This mod is the graphic part of a future supermod Hans will do, with diverse types of boats, attention to gameplay, etc.

Hans is searching for help for the work of the other carachteristics of the mod.

Please, read the w-h-o-l-e thread!

This Type II "candy eye mod" is only a part of a complete work in SH3. This mod will be published - I think - before the complete supermod.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 02:08 PM   #150
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Quote:
Hello there matey,

Cheers

@nemo7 @Myxale @BUKER

Couldn't have phrased your words any better kaleuns.
Shipmates I am a tad amazed at some of the flak Hans is taking. IMHO he's working his bloody arse off for the improvement of the sim we all love and desire. Please give the man a break. Geezus you should see how many spelling mistakes I make writing a damn letter, nevermind integrating correct grammer, spelling etc. into a mod.

@Hans

An old english saying mate........... ' Don't let the buggers grind you down! '

Kudos for all your efforts and work

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote