Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-30-09, 01:11 PM   #1
centurianlg
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Pacific Aces SH-2 Won't Run

My Operating System is Windows XP
Downloaded and installed Pacific Aces 4/30/09.
It Installed to C:\program files\silent ect.
When I click on the shortcut, I get a Blank Screen, and the computer hangs up. Help

Additional info.
I download to folder Games, including all Patches. They Loaded to that
directory. I now have several folders there, one for each patch. Don't know what to do with these.
As I stated above, clicking on the actual Pacific Aces icon, it installed in the C:\ Program Files\Silent .. directory, and put an icon on the descktop.

What should I do to get it to run?
centurianlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 02:37 PM   #2
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Not enough info to help yet. Did you get the files from Subsim? There is a read me called Pacific Aces 1.0 Readme.rtf that gives the install order. For the Subsim package, use method B which is:

B) Users of Subsim´s official package:

First make a clean install of SH2, and rename the folder to “Pacific Aces” or whatever name you prefer.
-Install the official 1.1 patch
-If you wish, you can now install Vicker´s mods ( PA does not provide this)
-Install subsim´s 1024 res mod
-If you wish, you can now install Projekt Messerswetzer ( PA does not provide this)
-Install the Pacific Aces mod from the executable utility, pointing to your “Pacific Aces” folder.
You are done!

In both installations you can create a shortcut on your desktop to start the game, pointing to the file “SH2.exe” that is located in the “Pacific Aces/Sim” folder.

End Quote.

PA also has an update to ver 1.1 you would install next.

If you rename the SH2 folder to Pacific Aces as indicated, you need to redirect the following installs to that new folder name. That can be a little tricky as you'll need to edit the Silent Hunter II off the end of the target name when you redirect so it looks like C:\Program Files\Pacific Aces instead of C:\Program Files\Pacific Aces\Silent Hunter II. It will ask if you want to install there as the file already exists, say yes. It is not required to rename it though, and the only reason to is if you want both sims (SH2 and PA) to play.

To do that, I would install SH2 to Pacific Aces without renaming the SH2 folder, then copy the whole SH2 folder contents into a newly created Pacific Aces folder (that's copy not cut).

Next run the SH2 uninstaller. This will not remove the files you just copied as it can't find them. Now reinstall SH2 and both will run independently.

Note: I'm assuming that SH2 does install into your Xp machine. I can no longer run it in mine since I changed to a Nvidia 8800GT graphics card from the older ATI card I had. If it has a problem, I don't think it will let you install. The problem is corruption of menu text and pop-up text.

Also use Alt-F4 to end the screen blanker if it happens again, and you'll get back to the desktop without a restart.

Buddahaid
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote