SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-02-18, 06:58 PM   #46
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

What I love about America is their "Bill of Rights" much better than anything Australia has (none)!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 07:20 PM   #47
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
By you, the voters. I'd say your population is about 50:50 divided about that. And What is that thing with "sovereign nation" all the time? Isn't the USA a sovereign nation? Why does Trump always uses the words "illegal", "criminal" and degoratory terms before the word "foreigner"?
"We have said this for years", oh i am sure. You would have protested, but you did not dare, or it was going to rain. And now that some !"&/$%&/!!! like Trump is leader, they all come out of their holes and can spout their "opinion" they had all the time.
The scary thing is that you seem to be right, the US have been like that all along, and it just took some Trump to let it all out now. Radicalizing and polarizing with a good load of populism seems to be the shinizzle all over the world now, to win elections.

The USA consists of 'invaders', yes, sans some indians.
Sorry, i like you, and most Americans on a personal level, but when it comes to politics.. NEVER!

Why is it derogatory to call a criminal a criminal or to call an illegal immigrant and illegal immigrant? In my opinion the terms are factually descriptive. Please dont allow the media to confuse you or the issue. An immigrant lawfully crossing a boarder seeking asylum, applying for a visa, permanent residency or citizenship is not an illegal immigrant or a criminal.

Its the illegal immigrant the ones who attempt to unlawfully circumvent the lawful process of entry into this country that we want to catch. As opposed to the just over 37,000,000 LEGAL immigrants of all nationalities already in this country.

The criminals that Trump spoke about are ACTUAL criminals the hot topic these days seems to be MS13. It appears to me y'all in Germany are about day late and a dollar short. Because its already been at least 4 weeks ago that one political party tried to push the same argument that Trump was calling all immigrants criminals, he wasn't and the media dropped it pretty quick because it had no merit. I think it was initially spun by Nancy Pelosi.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-02-18 at 09:33 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 07:22 PM   #48
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Maybe it's because of the Russian rap song

OOOppps, sorry: I thought the title was refering to the Football championship...
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 07:38 PM   #49
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Perhaps something is being lost in translation here, but I will try and answer your questions and clear up some of the confusion.

Quote:
What is that thing with "sovereign nation" all the time? Isn't the USA a sovereign nation?

Yes, it is. That is the point. We would like to keep our existing right to decide who can and cannot enter into this country, as any sovereign nation can. And by "we", I mean "we, the people", since that is the foundation of the U.S. form of government. However, it seems there is a push to shame the people of the U.S. into giving up that right and to let any and everyone in, regardless of their potential.

Quote:
Why does Trump always uses the words "illegal", "criminal" and degoratory terms before the word "foreigner"?

Because those are the people we want to keep out. If someone goes through the legal process of becoming a citizen there are background checks and other systems designed to ensure that that person is not a criminal, and will instead be a productive member of society. I think you would find there are very few people in the U.S. who are opposed to that scenario. On the other hand, turning a blind eye to illegal immigration gives us no way to filter out the thieves, rapists and murderers who also want to enter this country. Just to be clear: there are many good people who enter the U.S., legally and illegally, all the time. We just want to make sure that they are the only ones who get in.

Quote:
"We have said this for years", oh i am sure. You would have protested, but you did not dare, or it was going to rain. And now that some !"&/$%&/!!! like Trump is leader, they all come out of their holes and can spout their "opinion" they had all the time.
The scary thing is that you seem to be right, the US have been like that all along, and it just took some Trump to let it all out now. Radicalizing and polarizing with a good load of populism seems to be the shinizzle all over the world now, to win elections.

Actually, President Obama put many policies in place to stop illegal and dangerous immigrants from entering the U.S. But, the media liked him, so it wasn't a bad thing. Seriously. Look it up. The only reason this is a big deal now and people outside the U.S. are hearing so much about it is because Trump said it too. And the media hates Trump.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c46563...al-immigration

Quote:
The USA consists of 'invaders', yes, sans some indians.
Sorry, i like you, and most Americans on a personal level, but when it comes to politics.. NEVER!

Neither Neal, myself or any American you may talk to today has stolen land from the Native Americans. That happened a long time ago. Does that make it right? Certainly the answer is no. Is there anything we can do to change what happened? The answer to that is also no. There are many people alive on Earth today who are descended from people who did bad things. But do we blame them for the crimes of their fathers?

But the fact remains that we live here now, and we would like to protect the millions of innocent people within our borders and our country itself. If you think that is wrong ... well, so be it. We will have to agree to disagree.

Last edited by Sean C; 07-02-18 at 10:46 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Sean C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 07:59 PM   #50
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

To get to the US border these illegal aliens had to pass 4-5 US consulates (not counting those on the Mexican side of the border) where they could have made applications for asylum (not to mention those in their country of origin). They bypassed them all so they could sneak across the border and use their kid (or at least somebodies kid) as a get out of jail free card.

If Germany wants to open their borders that is their business but don't be telling us we're wrong for not wanting to commit that particular method of national suicide.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mexico