SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-05-09, 10:39 AM   #76
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Yeah I had to do a copy and paste job on the DDS along with its Alpha Channel to get it to work right ingame. I never thought about changing H2O2 to U-235 though, I'll have to look into that. As for the sonar coating that shouldn't be a problem as there's no model for it so if I have to import it into the US Sub Senzors file I could. About the SS Radar at PD, there isn't one. Just the BPS-15 for surface navigation only, although it could technically be deployed at "radar depth" thus negating the need for a fairing.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-09, 04:42 PM   #77
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Ah, I see. Makes sense I suppose, seeing as anyone you'd be looking for is gonna be looking for you, with radar that can be picked up passively by the ESM system.

Edit: So now that I've got my turbine running, I've got new performance problems with my Skipjack... When set for 15,000 shp and a top speed of 30 kts my boat can only do 15 kts at ahead flank!

Last edited by Capt Jack Harkness; 07-05-09 at 11:48 PM.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-09, 04:24 PM   #78
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Hmm, that's a tough one. Maybe more details on the situation might help shed some light on this problem. On a positive note though I'm getting closer to putting the German sonar coatings on the boat. In the spirit of mod independence, what I would like to do is import the coatings from the German Sub Sensors file to the American one. However something doesn't seem to be working correctly. I know there's a tutorial for adding new units into the game but what about new sensors? Periscopes, anti-sonar coatings, radar, etc.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 07-08-09, 10:20 PM   #79
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Hmm, that's a tough one. Maybe more details on the situation might help shed some light on this problem. On a positive note though I'm getting closer to putting the German sonar coatings on the boat. In the spirit of mod independence, what I would like to do is import the coatings from the German Sub Sensors file to the American one. However something doesn't seem to be working correctly. I know there's a tutorial for adding new units into the game but what about new sensors? Periscopes, anti-sonar coatings, radar, etc.
I am not sure about going from the German side to the US side with stuff. But what I did with the Japanese subs (which are German) is make a new Senzori.dat, .sim etc for the stuff we added such as snorkel, radars and scope and put it into the library/Gersubparts. The game loaded the new files with no problem.

Don't forget the stuff in the sensor files is also in the UPCDATA. (Upgradepacks.upc, Equipment.upc) and of course also in the subs upc files. (you knew that).
And once you have them in the Equipment.upc, there is a line to link them the sensor.dat file. ExternalLinkName3D=
So to create new sensors and radars you just need a new name and new IDs and link the .dat,.sim etc and add to necessary .upc files.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 07:05 PM   #80
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
I am not sure about going from the German side to the US side with stuff. But what I did with the Japanese subs (which are German) is make a new Senzori.dat, .sim etc for the stuff we added such as snorkel, radars and scope and put it into the library/Gersubparts. The game loaded the new files with no problem.

Don't forget the stuff in the sensor files is also in the UPCDATA. (Upgradepacks.upc, Equipment.upc) and of course also in the subs upc files. (you knew that).
And once you have them in the Equipment.upc, there is a line to link them the sensor.dat file. ExternalLinkName3D=
So to create new sensors and radars you just need a new name and new IDs and link the .dat,.sim etc and add to necessary .upc files.

Peabody
Thanks for the response! I got the new periscopes added but I'm having trouble looking through them now. Whenever I try to start a mission I get the following message "Camera Manager: When Loading Dummy_Cam_Periscope a camera of type 2 already exists." and the same for "Dummy_Cam_Obs_Periscope of type 27". I added 2 extra entries for my 2 new scopes in the Sensors_Sub_US.cam thinking that would fix the problem. I checked and double checked ID's and everything should be lined up correctly. Any ideas?

EDIT: I figured it all out now. Instead of trying to use only one Sub_Sensors_US file I took a page from the gun_radars book and added a _02 to the end of the file name. This preserves the original sub_sensors file and still allows for me to add my periscopes.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Last edited by ETR3(SS); 07-10-09 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-11-09, 09:36 AM   #81
Franklin Van Valkenburg
Sailor man

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Ahoy mates! I'm using the following mods on my SH4 (v1.4):
Real Fleet Boat v1-4031408
RFB zones file-dont use with NSM or ROW
RFB_V1-4_TorpedoFix_081108

I downloaded the latest fixed version of the Los Angeles 688i mod, installed it with the GME, and can't find the LA688i as a playable submarine in any situation or option setup. Is the 4th fix compatable with the mod combo listed above?

I'm also having a sudden issue with the con towers with the LeTerrible, OhioSSBN, and Foxtrot+November mods... they've simply disappeared. They used to show up with these mods installed, but now I'm getting nothing.
Franklin Van Valkenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-09, 10:52 AM   #82
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Currently the 688i mod is for stock only. I'm still working on getting it RFB+RSRDC compatible(polishing the cannonball actually). I would still expect the disappearing sail issues though. It seems the game only lets you have 9 different conning towers for the American side.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 07-11-09, 11:01 AM   #83
Franklin Van Valkenburg
Sailor man

Downloads: 14

I just downloaded the 1.4 compatible Skipjack and OhioSSBN and got the same issue. I'n not installing them all at once, just one at a time when I choose to use a certain sub.
I'll try unloading the RFB mod... though its a downright shame - I've become used to its features and have a hard time playing stock.
Funny thing is that my RedOctober con still shows, which is why I didn't immediately suspect the 9 con limit.
Franklin Van Valkenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-09, 12:06 PM   #84
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

OK, my mistake. I completely missed the fact that you're running SH4 V1.4, the mod is built for 1.5 atm. When I'm done with the RFB version I intend to go back and update my stock version and release a 1.4 version as well.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 07-17-09, 10:08 PM   #85
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls...at 2157 CDT ESM was successfully implemented into the Los Angeles 688i mod.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 07-18-09, 07:34 AM   #86
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

Running 1.5 stock, the 688i shows in the museum - minus the sail, and is not showing/selectable when starting a campaign.
It is available in a War patrol, but has no torps.

Any ideas.

Looks like a fantastic mod though. Congratulations, and well done.

Last edited by d@rk51d3; 07-18-09 at 07:51 AM.
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-09, 09:47 AM   #87
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Wow, thats a interesting one. Are you using the latest version of the mod? The sail not showing up in the museum is common and not something I've been concerned with. Not selectable for campaign, and no torpedoes? Are you using JSGME to enable the mod?

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 07-18-09, 10:28 AM   #88
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253
Default A problem

I am having trouble with this one in OP. Whenever I start a mission it goes to the loading screen and crashes after a few seconds of loading. Any thoughts?
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-09, 10:35 AM   #89
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

Did I write OP. I mean OM
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-09, 12:16 PM   #90
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

I am a little confused Karle94.. OM is a German side mod, this is an American sub... Why were you trying to run this in OM?
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote